Real Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Real Staffing Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2019

Found 81 reviews

Real Staffing CEO  Gary Elden (no image)
Gary Elden
Pros
Cons
  • "Ridiculously long hours - no flexibility or time in lieu for the additional hours you're expected to put in(in 5 reviews)

• "Senior management not following through on ideas-sometimes too many ideas and nothing gets actioned(in 3 reviews)

1. "Consultant"

I have been working at Real Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not much really. Very thin.

Cons

Most of the consultants are new to the industry and college grads.

Advice to Management

Work on professinalism!

Real Staffing2019-08-26
  2. "A Trap"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Real Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

They give you an opportunity to earn uncapped commission. Very nice office and wonderful location.

Cons

While giving you the opportunity to earn commission, it is structure as a pyramid scheme. The first 5-6 deals you make will yield practically nothing, about ~$200 extra at the end of the month assuming your candidates keep working. It is very cut throat so managers, coworkers really dont help you. Multiple office relationships which feels extremely weird. Very cliquey. Not professional. Very much like high... school with the strict hours. You will get yelled at for being a minute late after 8:00AM. Everyone gets up at the same time to go to lunch, 12:00 sharp and you must be back by 1:00 sharp. When the bell rings at 5:00 you are free to go. Pretty terrible place.

Advice to Management

Dont instill a sense of scheming into your sales people. Your turnover rate is so high because a lot of the business model is scummy. 75% of the jobs advertised for dont exist, it is just a way to get potential candidates on the phone, get their resumes and send out to random hiring managers at companies with the intent of getting a response. Terrible business model, extremely shiesty. I can keep going but this isnt... worth my time.

Real Staffing2019-08-21
  3. "Unprofessional & bias place to work"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Real Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training which is employed on a weekly basis from your start date

Cons

Their values as a company contradicts how the environment is hostile and immature in reality. You cant trust managers, they're in their own little world and practise favouritism. The pay is also awful

Real Staffing2019-08-22
  4. "I wish I would have listened to these reviews"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Real Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Ok first job out of college - Teaches you what you don't want out of a company - view

Cons

- computers are from 2009 (I think this says it all) - company does not invest in employees

Advice to Management

There needs to be a better culture

Real Staffing2019-07-17
  5. "Great first job in recruitment"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Real Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined here over 2 years ago as I was told they have a reputation for their training being good, definitely lived up to expectations, even had a 1-1 coach for the first year. Also given all the tools needed to do the job, database was excellent. In terms of incentives, I hit my first lunch club in 3 months of being in the business. For the holidays there are league tables for people who have been with the... business for under 12 months so it's very fair for people to get on them. Also given flexible working which was good. People are lovely, everyone gets on and everyone is expected to act the same, no matter how much you're billing.

Cons

Can take a few months to get up and running but that's with any recruitment job.

Real Staffing2019-06-03
  6. "Anon"

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Real Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice atmosphere most of the time, good place to work as your first office job if you're resilient, some good infrastructure for potential, some decent perks if you're performing well, recognition given, good money for referrals within the company, big improvements made in promotion criteria, supportive admin team in place.

Cons

No days off mentality - e.g. Returning from annual leave means you're guilted to make up for lost time. Employee retention not great: very few long term employees at non management level. Plenty of close minded people at management level, but not the worst. Known for counter offering when people they leave.

Advice to Management

More support for new people joining the company. Stop pushing the perks (like trips to Las Vegas and Marbella, lunch clubs) at interview stage because there's not a hope that they'll earn a place on these trips in their first year. Be more realistic about what new people will get out of the job rather than what top billers achieve.

Real Staffing2019-05-28
  7. "Nice company culture"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Paris

I worked at Real Staffing full-time

Pros

Nice Team Culture Nice people and incentives Good training and follow-up when you're starting your position Great communication between employees and managers

Cons

Entry salary is low Old process of communication (everything on Outlook, old intranet, sales forces etc.)

Real Staffing2019-04-29
  8. "Review"

I have been working at Real Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, initial training, hands on management

Cons

Lack of flexibility, monotonous tasks

Real Staffing2019-03-22
  9. "Problematic organizational structure"

I worked at Real Staffing

Pros

-fun and lively culture with friendly people and great outings / incentives -good office locations (centrally located downtown)

Cons

-Untrained management and absence of skilled leadership (limits growth options for employees) -Unhealthy environment beneath the surface (company not getting paid on some deals by clients, questionable moral interactions between leadership and employees) -Very low base salary of 35k for college grads -People don’t tend to see much commission (only a few top performers here actually make money - I was one of the top... performers and was still unhappy financially) -Incompetent technology (servers must connect to the UK, so they take forever to run and glitch very frequently)

Advice to Management

Invest in leadership and the organization before hiring more entry level employees - don’t stretch everyone so thin! Show your employees they are appreciated by compensating them fairly.

Real Staffing2019-03-19
  10. "Not the best"

Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Real Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

-some people are great -ability to have autonomy in how you run your business

Cons

-Very scattered and unorganized upper management. The other team in San Francisco, Computer Futures, has it together but the managers on the Real side are not constructive or informative (don't expect to grow as a professional). -Catty "high school clique" environment -Unorganized and unprofessional work environment -Poorly promised illusion that you will make ample commission in the job, when in fact the split... structure is set up very pyramid-scheme-esque -Super high attrition rate, most leave after 1 year because of the aforementioned things

Real Staffing2019-02-05