PubMatic Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

PubMatic Reviews

Updated Oct 11, 2019

4.0
PubMatic CEO Rajeev Goel (no image)
Rajeev Goel
Pros
  • "Good working environment and work life balance(in 20 reviews)

• "Great Work culture, supportive managers (At least in the team I work into) less restrictions(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Great Environment For Passionate People"

Current Employee - Executive in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at PubMatic full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

PubMatic is super passionate about its mission to fuel the potential of Internet content creators - it does this by delivering more profitable advertising. The company clearly articulates its strategy and vision, as a terrific product development organization, and is growing quickly around the world. In an environment these days of many unprofitable companies across tech that are about to get squeezed (WeWork,... Uber, etc.) PubMatic is both growing and profitable which is a great place to be. PubMatic is a fast passed environment (ad tech generally is) and you have to be prepared to push yourself and your career forward if you work here. There is no place to hide and the company doesn't want people that are there to hide - they want people that are passionate and in it to win. If that aligns with where you are in your career, then this is a great place to be.

Cons

Nothing significant. There's always a lot going on - growing existing projects and investing in new ones - but that's normal in this industry

PubMatic2019-10-11
  2. "Growing and profitable company with a clear strategy and vision"

Current Employee - Sales in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at PubMatic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

* PubMatic is a rare breed of ad tech companies that is on a growth trajectory, profitable, has an experienced management team at the helm, and the CEO who drives clear vision and strategy. * the company is great to its employees, having made employee experience and job satisfaction its #1 strategic priority. Just to name a few things: solid benefits, on-the job perks, company events, and most importantly growth... opportunities and internal mobility. If you are in sales, and have interest in product, or if you are in California but want to get work experience in Singapore or London, PubMatic goes out of the way to support its employees' career aspiration. Job and location rotations are pretty common. * PubMatic just got named Great Place to Work the 3rd year in a row and it's well deserved.

Cons

*if you don't want to work hard or passionate about succeeding, you wont' like it here.

PubMatic2019-10-10
  3. "Great Place to Stand Out and Not Blend In"

Current Employee - Manager, NYC in New York, NY

I have been working at PubMatic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very Hard Working and Committed Employees Accessible Managers Lots of Global Collaboration (which provides amazing career building experience) Strong & Transparent Leadership Recognition for Hard Work Great People and Culture (really enjoy working with co-workers and peers)

Cons

We sometimes try to do too much in the space and the amount of "ad hoc" project work (in addition to regular work) can be overwhelming for some. Managers need to help employees prioritize and set realistic expectations for project completion/report delivery to avoid burn-out.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent about "where the company" is going and how we plan to execute on our future org goals.

PubMatic2019-09-11
  4. "Awesome"

I have been working at PubMatic full-time

Pros

Overall company Culture is awesome.

Cons

Not much to be listened as cons.

PubMatic2019-09-06
  5. "Great Opportunity if Willing"

Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I worked at PubMatic full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company has done much to boost morale over the past few years. Unlimited vacation policy, fully stocked kitchen, free lunch twice a week, and a robust recognition and award system for good work helps make this a great place to work.

Cons

Decision making around promotions is often sketchy and poorly made; the wrong supervisor can make your experience hell and senior execs tend to micromanage.

Advice to Management

Listen more, dictate less, trust the team you've built.

PubMatic2019-08-15
  6. "Global Leader"

Current Employee - Senior Level in New York, NY

I have been working at PubMatic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PubMatic has continued to iterate and is now one of the top global companies providing technology and services to publishers. It's pretty amazing really to see companies that started in the early days of internet advertising and have adapted to the changing dynamics of the industry. It takes keen leadership to be able to adjust business models and grow AND remain profitable.

Cons

It is very difficult in the digital advertising ecosystem to be focused. Opportunities arise all the time and the company needs to focus on the highest value drivers.

Advice to Management

Stay on track . The transparency to the company around performance is super helpful.

PubMatic2019-08-01

"Unfair, Biased, Autocrat CEO who controls every aspect of employee's work and HR does nothing."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at PubMatic full-time

Pros

The average Joe who works here is good and has potential.

Cons

The management sucks the energy and enthusiasm of the team.

Advice to Management

I can anticipate your response - come to HR confidentially and we will hear your complaints. Fact is, several folks have come to HR and delicately asked for fairness, but alas!

PubMatic2019-07-28
  8. "One of the best companies in pune to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune

I worked at PubMatic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible timing Good work culture Smart engineers Caring HR Goof Salary and Compensation

Cons

Nothing company specific. Sometimes you may face issues with some Managers / people. But Higher management is always helpful to resolve those issues.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work.

PubMatic2019-06-24
  9. "SQA Engineer"

Current Employee - SQA Engineer in Pune

I have been working at PubMatic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good working environment and work life balance.

Cons

No proper individual growth plan.

PubMatic2019-07-06

"I don't believe positive reviews are fair"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at PubMatic full-time for more than a year

Pros

food and snacks in office convenient office location near redwood city downtown

Cons

- bonus part of compensation is not something you should account on - many people switch to hindi on meetings - favoritism - people managment very poor and unporfessional, it lacks respect on a very simple and basic level - toxic culture - I heard feedbacks from management like we were watching you on the team building event and we think you are bad team player because you didn't join game

Advice to Management

don't believe what middle management reports to you, it is as fake as positive reviews about company culture

PubMatic2019-07-12