PsPrint Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

1.5
Lee Schram

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Total Debacle!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lenexa, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lenexa, KS (US)

I have been working at PsPrint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are great. We try to keep each other positive. Great Benefits (because you will need antidepressants and anxiety meds.

Cons

I feel sick every day I pull into the parking lot. Management is non-existent or has checked out and is coasting towards retirement. Management has no relationships with employees, This company could be a moneymaker if they had good management. Sweat shop atmosphere. bizarre attendance point system. you cant even go home sick if "the computer doesn't have time available" . Management has no people skills. Wont look employees in the eyes when they talk to you. If you are going to shut this department down.....lets get this ball rolling...we could all be outside working in our yards soon.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to clean house and get some management that knows the job and how to be in charge. My thought is that a manager is to pick up the slack when the department is slammed. not here...cant ever find management when you need them. Don't believetht they are skilled enough to take customers calls.

"Lack of Leadership"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at PsPrint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers and atmosphere everyone is friendly and nice. Benefits (insurance and time off)

Cons

Lack of leadership and management. We don't have any support as far as learning tools. Our system is very slow and difficult which is miserable for us and in turn we get the upset customers. There is lack of management we have NO communication whatsoever. Lack of pay. Eventually you'll be doing more and more than your role calls for with no compensation.

Advice to Management

The turnover rate has been astronomical with such a small department in the last three years, there's a problem there.

"Lack of Excellence"

Current Employee - Tier II Customer Service in Overland Park, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Tier II Customer Service in Overland Park, KS (US)

I have been working at PsPrint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Insurance, co-workers, free ice, nice pond to look at outside.

Cons

Lack of management and zero leadership. Once you are out of training, you are on your own. Department moral is extremely low. Although it is a small business; it is owned by Deluxe Corporation. HR and management does not have the time to listen, change or create a positive working environment. The rules are the rules and that is final. Co-workers are amazing and is a shame no one is rewarded or praised because no one has the time to stop and notice.

Advice to Management

Wake up! How many of us have complained to HR? We have been hearing "things will get better" for two years. Guess what management? You lie! This department is horrible and the pay is way too low for what we do.

"Management is awful"

Current Employee - Production Line Worker in Oakland, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Production Line Worker in Oakland, CA (US)

I have been working at PsPrint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing health benefits and awesome co-workers

Cons

Where to start? First off the management is completely out of touch with their production staff. They make decisions independently without consulting the employees whose lives they are affecting. The only way to get ahead in the company is to be the same ethnicity as the management. They constantly make you do overtime and set higher and higher goals to reach and don't care how hard they have to make you work to reach those goals. They never do anything nice for the hardworking people there ie catered lunch or bonuses. They refuse to give decent pay raises or training to qualified employees unless you are the correct ethnicity. Management is always watching you and their favorite thing to do is obsessively monitor your attendance points because they almost take joy in firing long time employees due to it. Don't bother trying to get ahead unless you speak fluent Spanish.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees WAY more and fire Saul to improve our collective morale.

"Bad Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at PsPrint full-time

Pros

Cool, down to earth co-workers, some quality products (booklets).

Cons

Non-existent management top-tier management, police-state approach to call center, but an observable hierarchy of those who are making good pay who are completely separated from the hardcore problems.

Advice to Management

Go out of business; let Vistaprint win.

"Run For Your Life!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oakland, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oakland, CA (US)

I have been working at PsPrint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Standard benefit package from Deluxe

Cons

This place is being mismanaged and run into the ground by Deluxe. They laid off the entire customer service team in Oakland and moved it to a unprepared and untrained team in Kansas City.

More layoffs are coming in the Oakland location. They have mandatory overtime for 4+ years and change your schedule without notice. Employees are all unhappy but still scared to lose their jobs.

The only thing that matters to Deluxe is the almighty dollar. Employee or customer satisfaction take a back seat to profits. Executive management have all jumped ship recently if that tells you anything.

Advice to Management

Save yourselves because the ship is sinking.

"I like and Dislike working here"

Current Employee - Will Call in Emeryville, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Will Call in Emeryville, CA (US)

I have been working at PsPrint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Pay, Guaranteed full time and overtime. Nice co-workers and near food court area.

Cons

To many changes, Feels like i am being watched all the time.

Advice to Management

Figure your Selves out.

"Good place"

Former Employee - Production Line in Fremont, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Production Line in Fremont, CA (US)

I worked at PsPrint (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employees that posses a lot of talent. They are also extremely hardworking individuals who look out for each other. You can also learn a lot of skills at any position in this company. And you get a decent salary as well.

Cons

Every day is over time because they always set higher and higher expectations. However, there's a major oversight or burning out your employees. A lot of people are being pressured into working long hours, and looked down upon by management if they don't put in a certain amount of overtime. And if they put in too much OT then they are reprimanded.

Advice to Management

Please put your workers first. If you look out for them then they will be motivated to look after you- It's a two way street.Also rather than masking a problem, actively try to solve the major, underlying issues rather than temporarily fixing it in order to save yourself a scolding from the "higher ups".

"Save yourself from misery!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA (US)

I worked at PsPrint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers are nice but you are only allowed to talk during your mutual break time

Cons

Everyone but upper management is completely miserable. No increase in salary, understaffed, overworked, incentive for improvement is facility-wide humiliation, no talking allowed (including casual daily greetings), constant stress, broken systems, questionable practices, toxic environment in every way. There's even a high turnover rate in HR if that tells you anything.

Advice to Management

Treat people with some semblance of humanity. Greed only gets you so far.

"Permission to use the bathroom?"

Former Employee - Call Center in Oakland, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Call Center in Oakland, CA (US)

I worked at PsPrint full-time

Pros

Cool coworkers! The extensive training in print production for the call center proved useful in my next job, so that was nice.

Cons

I worked in the call center which was, and probably still is, supervised like a prison. Among other things, you needed to clock in and out with a hand scan. You've given a measly amount of PTO, but not allowed to use it if any other employee also requests time off then. The list goes on. My last straw was being told to ask permission to get up from my desk for any reason, specifically to use the bathroom. No thanks. I quit to work anywhere that would treat me like an adult.

Advice to Management

If you spend so many hours training your call center employees, why don't you try to retain them?