Priceline.com Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Priceline.com Reviews

Updated Jan 21, 2020

3.4
Priceline.com CEO Brett Keller (no image)
Brett Keller
Pros
  • "Much better work/life balance than previous companies where I was responding to email all weekend long(in 38 reviews)

• "My experience working at Priceline has been nothing but positive(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Priceline has a long way to go to return to its glory days(in 11 reviews)

• "Unless you are in the good graces with the upper management, your voice is not heard(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time

Pros

Fantastic work culture Lots of opportunity to make a difference

Cons

Company communication not always the best

Priceline.com2018-10-12
  2. "Horrible Management"

Former Employee - Developer in Winnipeg, MB

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome people for the most part. Great downtown office. Fun Atmosphere

Cons

My experience with management was horrible, my manager frequently talked badly about other employees and management. When I brought these issues up with higher management nothing was done. My manager also had very poor communication skills and once told us the reason we weren't invited to participate in interviews was "there weren't enough chairs." Unfortunately, the managers here seem they were picked for technical skill/seniority rather than their ability to management

Advice to Management

Management needs to be thought of more as a position dealing with people rather than who is the most technically proficient.

Priceline.com2019-12-17
  3. "great place to work"

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexibility and worked from home

Cons

a bit disorganized overall but it takes time to get to now how it works

Priceline.com2019-05-16

"Miscommunication"

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits are amazing. Full ride medical/dental etc. The parties and events are constant and always awesome. The company itself hires incredible people that are a treat to work with. Holiday time is good, pay is decent enough. The office culture will favor one type of personality over another, and if you fit in then work is going to be a party.

Cons

The lack of communication across departments is staggering. It's incredibly frustrating to watch most people and teams completely in their own bubble, too afraid to lose standing or power by sharing what they know and what they can do. The office culture will favor one type of personality over another, and if you don't fit in you'll be frustrated and lonely. Vertical movement is basically impossible. People change titles from time to time but the structure of the company is such that a small number of feature team leaders constantly battle over how to do things.

Advice to Management

Performance monitoring of people leaders is crucial, not just on their deliverables but on their management skills. Some of the people I've worked under seem to do everything they can to throw you under the bus or keep you from getting too much influence without going through them.

Priceline.com2017-11-08
  5. "Happy"

Current Employee - Market Development Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work-life balance, work from home, travel perks, no micro-management

Cons

Average salary, unrealistic expectations sometimes, poor bonus plan

Priceline.com2016-08-25

"Corporate Company"

I have been working at Priceline.com

Pros

Many knowledgeable and passionate people including some great managers. Relaxed and fun work environment. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Not all, but some managers lack current knowledge and don't consult experienced individuals. The company is a bit anti-innovative. Best practices are usually not known or followed. Not much room for career advancement.

Priceline.com2015-12-01
  7. "Great job!"

Former Employee - Product Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of growth opportunities, fun and exciting problems to solve, interesting market to be apart of.

Cons

Longer work days, some work politics to deal with.

Priceline.com2020-01-22
  8. "Been there for too long"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Melbourne

I have been working at Priceline.com part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nice coworkers Close to home

Cons

Not career progression No training Bad management Understaffed No recognition Staff turnover

Advice to Management

Do your job correctly and follow procedures.

Priceline.com2020-01-15
  9. "Good place to grow with the company"

Current Employee - Senior Data Scientist in New York, NY

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Great work life balance resulted from the scientific management system (Agile and Quarterly goals) 2. Great benefits 3. Friendly environment to learn new technology and knowledge 4. As the company is still growing per business and technology, the business requirements will push you to jump outside comfort zone and learn continuously 5. Strong supports from Booking Holdings sibling companies which makes the company have great potentials 6. People are friendly, company structure is kind of flat, and offices doors are all open, so your voice will be heard by any level if you want

Cons

1. Company does not have formal program to cultivate fresh graduates, so most of the new blood of the company comes from other companies. 2. As most of the positions empty after people left are filled with experienced people from outside(both individual contributor and management tracks), so the culture of the company is a mixture as different team leaders are having different cultures inside teams. 3. As management positions are not filled from inside, during the management change, there will be contradictory plans showing up especially in details (the same direction from high level, but different opinions of how to achieve the goals). 4. All of the reasons above make the career development path inside the company not very clear, especially for management track

Priceline.com2019-12-31
  10. "Good for engineers- worst for analytics"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It has been more than 5 years I'm working here. It is a great company. Work culture and benefits are fantastic. CEO knows what he is doing. Very good leadership team. You can easily get recognized by the leadership team if your work is good and if your manager is not taking credits for all your efforts.

Cons

Payscale can get better. Living costs in Norwalk/Stamford area are pretty high due to its proximity to NYC.  I have heard of very bad things from Business teams(especially hotels). If you are joining for analytics, think twice. It is not a place to be. Many people who joined recently are trying to take credits for other's work and sustaining.  Hotels Business Head has no idea how to drive the business, what data we have, nor a vision for the team. He is just trying to cover up things. This team didn't need one more Project manager to micro-manage the team. Even though none of them are happy with this, no one is raising their voices because the dept head has warned them of adverse effects. (dirty politics)

Advice to Management

Have leadership talk to everyone individually to understand how they feel about the team/managers/work. Many things are going unnoticed. Please change the review system. Include peer review and manager and Managers manager review into the process like other companies

Priceline.com2020-01-10