Priceline.com Reviews

Updated Jan 19, 2021

3.8
Priceline.com CEO Brett Keller (no image)
Brett Keller
Pros
  • "Additionally, Priceline has a Great Culture w/ excellent work life balance(in 41 reviews)

• "Priceline is a great place to work(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Design has felt under valued at Priceline for a very long time(in 14 reviews)

• "Unless you are in the good graces with the upper management, your voice is not heard(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"goodd"

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Toronto, ON

I worked at Priceline.com full-time

Pros

good good good good good

Cons

improvement needed for nothing everything is good

2. "Great company to work for"

5.0

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time

Pros

Fantastic work culture Lots of opportunity to make a difference

Cons

Company communication not always the best

October 30, 2018Chief People Officer

Thanks for your feedback. Let me know if you have specific ideas on how to improve the company communication - this has been an area of focus for us the past year.

3. "Horrible Management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Developer in Winnipeg, MB

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome people for the most part. Great downtown office. Fun Atmosphere

Cons

My experience with management was horrible, my manager frequently talked badly about other employees and management. When I brought these issues up with higher management nothing was done. My manager also had very poor communication skills and once told us the reason we weren't invited to participate in interviews was "there weren't enough chairs." Unfortunately, the managers here seem they were picked for technical skill/seniority rather than their ability to management

4. "great place to work"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexibility and worked from home

Cons

a bit disorganized overall but it takes time to get to now how it works

June 23, 2019Chief People Officer

We appreciate the feedback, particularly that you found it to be a great place to work. It can take time to get up to speed, more for some departments than for others. But again, we appreciate your time with us and best of luck!

"Miscommunication"

4.0

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits are amazing. Full ride medical/dental etc. The parties and events are constant and always awesome. The company itself hires incredible people that are a treat to work with. Holiday time is good, pay is decent enough. The office culture will favor one type of personality over another, and if you fit in then work is going to be a party.

Cons

The lack of communication across departments is staggering. It's incredibly frustrating to watch most people and teams completely in their own bubble, too afraid to lose standing or power by sharing what they know and what they can do. The office culture will favor one type of personality over another, and if you don't fit in you'll be frustrated and lonely. Vertical movement is basically impossible. People change titles from time to time but the structure of the company is such that a small number of feature team leaders constantly battle over how to do things.

6. "Happy"

Current Employee - Market Development Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Priceline.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work-life balance, work from home, travel perks, no micro-management

Cons

Average salary, unrealistic expectations sometimes, poor bonus plan

"Corporate Company"

2.0

I have been working at Priceline.com

Pros

Many knowledgeable and passionate people including some great managers. Relaxed and fun work environment. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Not all, but some managers lack current knowledge and don't consult experienced individuals. The company is a bit anti-innovative. Best practices are usually not known or followed. Not much room for career advancement.

8. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Priceline.com full-time

Pros

this is a really a good company

Cons

i only left due to family reasons

January 26, 2021Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We are sorry to see you leave, but certainly understand that family comes first. We wish you the best as you move forward in this next chapter in your life. If your circumstances should change, please know we’d love for you to apply for any open opportunities in the future!

9. "Great company to work for"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

talented workforce, great location, good benefits, good culture, good work life balance

Cons

slow to update tech, too much testing

January 26, 2021Chief People Officer

Thank you for sharing this review. We are glad to hear that your experience with Priceline has been an overall positive one. We pride ourselves on being on the forefront of the latest, cutting-edge technology. For example, we have made a substantial investment in new data infrastructures and technologies. Our customers are at the center of everything that we do as an organization. We heavily rely on testing to ensure that changes in functionality and product enhancements are yielding the best possible user experience for our customers. We want any changes to be strategic and yield value for the customer. All the best to you in your future endeavors!

10. "Great Company with Smart People"

Former Employee - Associate Account Manager in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Priceline.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very intelligent people. Hard working environment that sets you up to excel at all aspects. No “hippo” (highest paid persons opinion) rule helps everyone have a say and back up their arguments with data.

Cons

Some times the environment is too serious. It’s nice that everyone is dedicated, but the work/life balance can get overwhelming at times.

January 22, 2021Chief People Officer

Thank you for this thoughtful review. The backbone of Priceline is our people, and we take great pride in having a culture that attracts intelligent and hardworking people who are a pleasure to be around. That being said, we are sorry that you experienced an overwhelming environment at times. During the current pandemic, it has been difficult for people to transition into the working from home, which can lead to an ever changing and sometimes overwhelming lifestyle. Rest assured, we believe in the importance of balance and want our employees to take care of themselves. We encourage employees to work directly with their managers to balance their workload and personal obligations.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 206 English Reviews