PROS Reviews

Updated May 18, 2020

4.3
PROS President and CEO Andres D. Reiner
Andres D. Reiner
Pros
  • "Supportive environment, diverse, inclusive workforce, lots of very smart people accustomed to working in a collaborative team based mode(in 27 reviews)

• "PROS truly appears to be an employee-centric employer who considers the employee's work-life balance in a tangible way(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "The promotion guidelines are not clear also there is no clear career path for the employees(in 11 reviews)

• "While most people have good work-life balance, I have seen some teams get very overloaded for extended periods of time(in 10 reviews)

"Lots of potential, but more to do"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Good amount of Autonomy on certain things. Pay reasonably well. Some very good/smart people to work along side. People truly care about customers and providing the best solution to the market. Some of Mgt. care about employees. Good free snacks.

Cons

HR is non-existent. Management style can be micromanage which leads to inefficiencies. Need to improve how things get done and address strategy void. Many in Mgt don't know any better as they haven't worked elsewhere.

PROS2018-12-11
  2. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

The culture at PROS is amazing, they really put the people first.

Cons

Sometimes there can be some red tape.

PROS2020-05-16
  3. "Great work culture. Friendly atmosphere"

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work culture. Latest technologies to work with. Friendly atmosphere. Encourage ng and supporting staff.

Cons

Nothing I could find one yet.

PROS2020-05-16
  4. "Dynamic environment and good employer"

4.0
    Current Employee - Business Development in London, England

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A very good and loyal employer and a great place to work in teams and learn from each other. Everybody wants everybody else to succeed, which is very supportive.

Cons

Still a bit HQ-driven, but that will change with growth.

PROS2020-05-18
  5. "Exceptional company"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in London, England

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PROS is an interesting company to work for, basically it sells solutions that make companies more profitable, so the value proposition is often breathtaking with a clear and tangible benefit. As an employee its a breath-of-fresh-air work experience from CEO downwards as the company culture is Customer & Employee centric in equal measure evidenced by the fact that both customers and employees remain for decades.

Cons

There are none, I'm 5 years in now and it's easily the best IT software house I've ever encountered.

PROS2020-04-14
  6. "Great company to work for, in a hot market, driving digital transformation"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Rye, NH

I have been working at PROS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive environment, diverse, inclusive workforce, lots of very smart people accustomed to working in a collaborative team based mode.

Cons

What the company does is complex so the learning curve can be a bit steep, but the company has great LMS and Sales Enablement resources to help out

PROS2020-04-09
  7. "Positive PROS"

Current Employee - Businessman in London, England

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Great business and team to work with.

Cons

Need to “blow our trumpet” in Europe more than we do!

PROS2020-04-10
  8. "Great place!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer I

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Awesome culture. I like the technology used

Cons

There are not really any I can think of

PROS2020-04-01
  9. "Decent"

Former Employee - Software Engineer-II in Houston, TX

I worked at PROS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good health insurance. Easy to kick back and work.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about PROS

PROS2020-03-12

"Great Culture, Technical Decline"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture at PROS is people focused. People are always willing to help, hang out and support one another. PROS is one of the more diverse tech companies, has good benefits, unlimited PTO and a nice work from home policy. PROS finally hired a real CPO and she is excellent!! Most of the people here are pretty young <40 and super friendly. Most of the recent reviews come from the 120+ new people that were hired in recent months. Depending on your project, you get to travel to cool places and are challenged to solve complex problems in the B2B/travel space.

Cons

PROS advertises itself as 'dynamic AI platform powering commerce in the digital economy'. The tech stack that powers PROS is expensive, outdated, sinking, and takes waaayyyy too long to implement. Currently the B2B side, is the growth engine as travel side is stable and not many new travel subscriptions. Sales teams is unorganized and tends to oversell and that leads the implementation team scrambling trying to meet the expectations the sales team committed to a customer. PROS product UI/UX is stuck in the early 2000s and needs a major upgrade. PROS is being slaughtered by a B2B pricing tech start up that has no intention of slowing down and is poaching current customers. There are employees/teams who go above and beyond but are not recognized for their efforts (No Presidents Club, NO Promotions, NO Award or NO Quarterly bonus) and this can be demoralizing and devaluing. Some of the directors/managers have been at PROS soo long that they are all 'buddy-buddy', ineffective and do not add value to the department or company. Continue to practice due diligence in hiring, there is a guy who has displayed unwelcome s3xual advances to young women in the office. Take sexual harassment complaints seriously. Please, hire competent project managers who know how to listen, lead, and manage the needs of multiple stakeholders. Too many lackluster PMs, who expect their project team and ICs to do their work for them.

PROS2020-02-17

PROS Response

February 28, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate you letting us know your thoughts on both the positives of PROS and where we can improve. First and foremost, we take harassment and code of conduct concerns very seriously. So that we can properly investigate this specific concern, please reach out directly to me, your HR Business Partner, or send a report through our ethics helpline system. At PROS, we are deeply proud of our heritage and believe the ability of our people to continuously innovate has powered our growth through the years. Our technology has evolved a lot over the past 5 years since we announced our move to the cloud. Where we could do better is celebrating and communicating to our teams the successes within the product organization as we evolve our technology. Thank you for bringing this to light. As you mentioned, we have seen tremendous growth in the business and that has put pressure on our teams. A couple of things we have done to lift some of this pressure was to hire and onboard new team members to relieve workload, add a new leadership role in Customer Experience to help scale the organization efficiently as we grow into our next phase of operations, and rollout employee-based programs like Trusted Time Off in the US, additional company holidays, and anniversary awards. We continue to award our top performers through the company-wide President’s Club trip, Outperformer and Spot Award program. Thank you, again, for providing your thoughts and feedback.

Found 293 reviews