OneSource Virtual Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Jan 4, 2020

3.6
OneSource Virtual CEO Trey Campbell
Trey Campbell
Pros
  • "Focus on forecasting and resourcing in 2018 has improved work life balance for some of us who were working longer hours(in 18 reviews)

• "Flexible Work Schedule & Work from Home Options(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "OSV does not give merit increases to exempt employees(in 32 reviews)

• "New company finding its feet, few growing pains but getting there with the leadership team in place and listening to employees views(in 19 reviews)

"No Annual Merits and Exempt Salary Reduction"

Current Employee - Payroll in Coppell, TX

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Parking garage and popcorn Wednesday are two pros.

Cons

OSV does not give merit increases to exempt employees. During leap year, exempt employees salaries are significantly reduced without advanced notice. Employees should be notified prior to 2020 and not during the first pay period of the year. Fair Labor Standard Act does not allow non-exempt employees paychecks to be reduced because employees are paid for hours worked. Exempt employees are working the same week without pay. According to the FLSA, employers should always do what is in the best interest of employees. Taking less net pay home for salaried employees is not in the best interest of exempt employees.

Advice to Management

Give advance notice of 60 to 90 days prior to reducing exempt salaried paychecks during leap year. A semi-monthly pay period is a better option than reducing paychecks. Learn to appreciate employee for remaining with OSV without annual merits. An extra pay check would have demonstrated that OSV Cares and “Do What Is Right”.

OneSource Virtual2020-01-04
  2. "A company full of opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company culture Pay Massive growth give ample opportunity to progress vertically or laterally depending on individual preference

Cons

Growth is a double edged sword and sometimes the processes take time to catch up

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

OneSource Virtual2019-11-20
  3. "It's alright, but high stress"

Former Employee - Payroll Processor

I worked at OneSource Virtual full-time

Pros

Some company events, mini convenient store, good pto, holidays off.

Cons

High stress, poor management, constant changes with little notice, benefits.

OneSource Virtual2019-11-11
  4. "HR Department in general is "off the charts" horrible and untrustworthy."

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy the casual dress Code.

Cons

Unethical HR Department. Worst HR practices that I have seen my entire career. There have been numerous verifiable examples in which details of an investigation, employee issue, etc. have been shared with coworkers that should have been confidential and/or private. This leads to an overall lack of trust and confidence. HR is viewed as friends and buddies to Sr. Leadership therefore us associates do not have a reliable and safe avenue to address concerns or resolve issues.

Advice to Management

For a company that prides itself on transparency - you should be embarrassed. HR Department lies and shares other folks' personal information.

OneSource Virtual2019-11-27
  5. "Fantastic Company - Fantastic Culture"

Current Employee - Workday Associate Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Emphasis on company culture is very noticeable - Managed PTO is great - Work from home opportunities - Nice office with coffee/snacks

Cons

I honestly can't think of a con. This job is a lot of work but that is certainly not a bad thing!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The OSV family loves what you have done for us. The employee appreciation events are really fun and often.

OneSource Virtual2019-10-02
  6. "Great place to work, get certified, and enjoy work at home"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time for less than a year

Pros

The leadership team seems to care about helping employees balance work and home life. Great collaboration opportunities and people freely sharing knowledge make it a welcome environment. This company opened the door for me to certify on the industry's leading software. They invest in their employees.

Cons

High turnover in some areas causes resource stress. Otherwise, no complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent and listening to employees. In the short time I've been here, I can say management is committed to positive communication and employee recognition.

OneSource Virtual2019-10-02
  7. "Superb Company, Location, Opportunities, and Environment"

Current Employee - Workday Associate Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Approachable leadership - Incredible work culture - Unlimited PTO for salaried employees - Great pay - So many opportunities to grow - Very nice corporate office in Cypress Waters (great area for businesses)

Cons

Can't think of one at the moment, every day has been a good one for me at OSV thus far.

OneSource Virtual2019-10-03
  8. "Come join a growing company!"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredible co-workers and talent. Empowered to fix what is broken.

Cons

We could do a better job with career planning.

OneSource Virtual2019-10-02
  9. "OSV - No Worklife Balance"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Learn Workday software, you are always busy!

Cons

OSV discriminates against seniors in all aspects, medical, STD, and hiring. They offer no coaching and do not promote from within. They offer very little training and very little encouragement. What they do offer is long hours with more to do than you have time to do it so work-life balance doesn’t exist. Good employees don’t stay because they are not treated well!

Advice to Management

Respect your good employees, think about retaining your good employees. Take time to appreciate your employees, more training and be open to work from home.

OneSource Virtual2019-11-03
  10. "Just Don't..."

I worked at OneSource Virtual full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very few. There are a few good employees, but most are burnt out or are useless. Benefits are good, not great, but not bad.

Cons

There is a regime in the payroll and tax areas that make it difficult to do a good day's work. People are rude all the time. Basic employment rules only apply to some people/managers. Very little respect for employees in general, but especially those who actually want the company to be successful. People are hired without proper experience and everyone else suffers for lack of knowledge and training.

Advice to Management

Tax needs a major evaluation. Specifically, tax filing/processing leadership. Pay is not equivalent even just within the payroll/tax departments.

OneSource Virtual2019-10-29