OneMain Financial Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Jun 19, 2019

Found 1037 reviews

2.9
Doug Shulman
Pros
  • "Nice package decent place to work good benefits flexible work hours(in 84 reviews)

• "Good ability to move up, good pay and great benefits(in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • "They are pushing collateral loans but have not figured out how to do it at call centers(in 92 reviews)

• "Too much pressure, negative pressure from upper management(in 66 reviews)

1. "one citi.......works for the company"

Current Employee - Senior Account Resolution Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at OneMain Financial

Pros

amazing bonus's and flexible work schedule....and amazing staff and management

Cons

Communicatio to staff at time is irrelevant to staff... needs to be more detailed and also what dir the company wants the staff to go in. And also sometimes they are badly disorganized

Advice to Management

better information updated systems working and dependable IT

OneMain Financial2008-06-19
  2. "Aggressive sales... Uncomfortable"

Former Employee - Branch Account Manager

I worked at OneMain Financial full-time

Pros

1) Good entry level experience in Finance 2) Steady Hours 3) Benefits

Cons

1) Very aggressive sales 2) You will be encouraged to sell products that don't benefit the customer

OneMain Financial2016-12-30
  3. "Branch Account Executive"

Current Employee - Branch Account Executive in Montreal, QC

I have been working at OneMain Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good flexible hours, good bonus depending on your market, and great insurance. Fun staff to work with, your colleagues are the only enjoyable part of the job

Cons

Too many bosses,and too complicated to make the sale most of the time. Terrible customer service depending how complicated your boss can make it be.

Advice to Management

Don't set objectives that are beyond what the branch is capable of achieving

OneMain Financial2016-09-21
  4. "Learned a lot but not the best company to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at OneMain Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

decent pay relatively easy to get in

Cons

offer ridiculous interest rates to people that can barely afford loans lots of collections immense pressure from management unethical sales practices

Advice to Management

try to make the business a bit more customer centric

OneMain Financial2012-11-23
  5. "Good place to work if you're willing to relocate"

Current Employee - Branch Account Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at OneMain Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

flexible hours if needed bonuses can be good depending on the market people are great to work with

Cons

they say they're all about the employee but it doesn't show alot of the time no clear idea of how to advance the branch manager gets all the credit regardless of how responsible you might be for the result

OneMain Financial2012-06-21
  6. "I Couldn't get no...da da da.....satisfaction"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager  in Oshawa, ON

I have been working at OneMain Financial

Pros

-Very well known company with a good reputation -Very nice work place environment and amenities -Somewhat youthful workforce (if this is something you want)

Cons

-Very structured workplace that disallowed creativity, initiative or leadership unless through positions of management -Promotions seemed arbitrarily given in an unfair manner

Advice to Management

-Allow more feedback from employees on management styles and ideas on how to improve the work flow (rather than being only concerned with getting the work done)

OneMain Financial2009-09-30
  7. "Very little Sr Leadership in Evansville - Big Change from past when REAL decision makers lived and worked in EVV"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Evansville, IN

I worked at OneMain Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Cutting edge technology in many areas - Pay & Benefits (Including Vacation) - Casual work environment (too casual)

Cons

- Casual Work Environment (Professionalism lacks because of this) - Incompetent Non IT minded middle management (in Non IT Depts) - Shortage of IT resources - Shortage of IT resources - Shortage of IT resources

Advice to Management

- Only report accurate, tested, and true numbers to Sr Management in Baltimore. Stop guessing just to fill in the blanks. - Sr Mgmt: Discipline employees that need it. Don't put up with poor incompetent performers, It brings the entire organization down, including powerless Middle Managers as well as team members. - Align Top Management more closely with their assigned responsibilities - Bring back Sr Management...

OneMain Financial2019-06-19
  8. "The company provides a challenging and rewarding place to work. I highly recommend the company!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at OneMain Financial full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good salary and benefits package. Everyday is a challenge and it's fun!

Cons

Can be stressful sometimes. Upper management can be a bit over bearing sometimes.

Advice to Management

I recommend going back to specific positions such as Customer Account Specialist, or Deliquency Specialist instead of making everyone a loan officer.

OneMain Financial2019-06-16
  9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Developer in Evansville, IN

I have been working at OneMain Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Vacation is fantastic. Depending on which department you are in, you have the opportunity to work from home. Remote work is available for most IT positions. Co-workers are great to get along with and most of the management is excellent. On-site cafeteria and free coffee stations within 2 minutes walking distance everywhere. On-site masseuse and gym. Walking distance from many restaurants downtown. Work is never...

Cons

Some management is used to "this is how we've always done it" and refuse to try new things but those are very few. Many fringe benefits on-site are being cut because not all locations can participate. Shareholders seem to be getting more affection than employees with the change of management.

Advice to Management

To lower management, try new things instead of being stuck on a single product. When implementing new features, listen to the teams that are building those features instead of forcing it on them. To upper executives: If you are going to remove benefits, you should replace them, otherwise, you are going to lose people. The shareholders might have a direction for the company but the employees are the people who make...

OneMain Financial2019-06-14

OneMain Financial Response

June 20, 2019Community Manager

Thank you for sharing! We are happy to hear about your positive experience. We are sorry to hear our benefits are not meeting your needs. As each individual’s needs are different, we encourage you to reach out to hrsocialmedia@omf.com regarding your concerns. – M.S.

10. "Decent Fair"

Former Employee - Loan Consultant

I worked at OneMain Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bonuses were good if you can hit your numbers

Cons

End of the month late nights

OneMain Financial2019-06-12

OneMain Financial Response

June 20, 2019Community Manager

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you are enjoying our incentive program. Regarding your concerns about work life balance. As this is personal for each individual, we encourage our team members to discuss concerns with their direct managers or HR Business Partner. ...

Found 1037 reviews