Motion Reviews

Motion Chairman  Thecla Sweeney
Thecla Sweeney
  1. "Rewarding career"

Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Motion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great teams to be part of, lots of knowledgeable and compassionate associates who are in in for the greater good and truly make life accessible for everybody.

Cons

Fast paced industry with very specific and demands. The amount of product knowledge required to be successful can be challenging and sometimes overwhelming

Continue reading
  2. "A company with a sustainable plan for the future."

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Motion full-time for less than a year

Pros

Motion has done its very best to know the industry and how to be sustainable and successful therefore providing its clients a reliable healthcare service provider for years to come. it's back in the good books!

Cons

Sales and order process take too long.

Continue reading

3. "Awesome Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Motion full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture Friendly environment Support from management Set you up to succeed Great commission structure

Cons

Working outdoors during bad weather

4. "Good"

2.0
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I worked at Motion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly Environment, Independent work, Appreciation, Bonuses , Valuable

Cons

Downsizing, low salary package, cutting cost, pressure of downsizing, low business

September 17, 2020HR Team

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your time and value your input. We are happy to hear you felt that the environment was a positive one and that you felt valued and appreciated as an employee. We are working to adjust to the changing environment COVID-19 has created and are ramping back up in many locations. If you’d like to speak with us more and offer additional feedback to us, we’d love to hear from you. Feel free to reach out to our HR team at your earliest convenience.

5. "Varied, gratifying work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Motion full-time

Pros

If you are self-motivated and willing to work hard you can get a lot of job satisfaction at this mid-sized company. Solving difficult technical problems for persons with disabilities is tangible, gratifying work.

Cons

Pays less than what you would make in other industries in the Vancouver area. This is not surprising since much of the work is funded through the public healthcare system.

August 5, 2020HR Team

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to share your honest feedback. We are proud you also share our outlook on helping others, and making a positive impact in their lives. Last year we rolled out MyWorkMyPay and MyWorkMyTeam. The purpose of these programs is to ensure each team member receives fair compensation when comparing to the job market and has clear expectations when it comes to their work. We are also completing performance reviews to ensure succession planning within the company and compensating those accurately based on performance. Please feel free to reach out with any further feedback. Thank you.

6. "Motion vancouver"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Motion full-time

Pros

Hands on, tech and custom

Cons

High turn over, disconnect from east coast

May 25, 2020HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As we are a rapidly growing company with a national presence, we are always working hard to find new ways to communicate and collaborate across our location network. In 2018, we introduced Workplace, an online communication tool to expand our internal connections. We also host a monthly Care Ambassador call, during which a representative from each of our locations is invited to share their team’s latest updates, listen to national news and connect with colleagues from all areas of the country. We’d love to hear more of your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime if you’d like to discuss things further.

7. "Stay away from their finance department"

1.0
    Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at Motion full-time for less than a year

Pros

Can't think of any thing good about this company

Cons

unrespectful people no training no supporting from management isolating other people

December 23, 2019Sr. Director, People

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your experience at Motion. As an employer, fair compensation, work-life balance, and employee well-being are top priorities for us. Our recent investment in our people including MyWorkMyPay, onboarding along with learning pathway by function were implemented to help resolve the issues you discussed. We always want to better ourselves so if you have some other suggestions on how we can continue to create a positive experience for our employees, please reach out.

8. "Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Sales
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Motion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work out in the field, not stuck in office

Cons

pay- mostly commission based, need to bring work home and work weekends if you want to make decent commission. Dealing with the general public

November 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Motion with us. As an employer, fair compensation, work-life balance, and employee well-being are top priorities for us. Our recent initiatives MyWorkMyTeam and MyWorkMyPay were launched to help resolve the issues you outlined in your review, but if you have suggestions on how we can further improve, please reach out. We're all ears!

"Downhill Spiral"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Victoria, BC

I worked at Motion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You can't get fired no matter what

Cons

They do not provide any wage increases and do not have any performance review process so you can never ask questions

October 3, 2019Sr. Director, People

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, it’s something we appreciate and take seriously. In regards to your experience with compensation and performance reviews at Motion, I’m happy to say that we have recently launched two initiatives that will hopefully solve the shortcomings you’ve outlined; MyWorkMyPay and MyWorkMyTeam. The objective of these programs is to ensure each team member receives fair compensation and has clear expectations when it comes to their work.

"Great team"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Motion full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team to work with, a lot of improvements are happening, the company has great potential

Cons

limited office space, but renovation is on the way.

September 5, 2019Sr. Director, People

Thank you for the feedback. We are committed to making Motion a great place to be and are happy that you are a part of our incredible team working to achieve this.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 English Reviews