Lime Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

3.5
Lime CEO Wayne Ting (no image)
Wayne Ting
Pros
  • "Free scooter and bike rides globally(in 10 reviews)

• "Exciting, fast paced environment(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "work life balance, remote, pace of change(in 6 reviews)

• "Long hours - However that comes with working for a startup and if you dont want to do the hours then you arent right for the role(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Software Engineer Intern

Jun 11, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience, really nice and smart ppl.

Cons

Not much, general start up problems.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company - everyone is learning

May 24, 2020 - Regional Operations Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great place to work always in new situations, incredible experience. -Your success is on your shoulders, great opportunity if you know what to make of it.

Cons

-Managers to the top are inexperienced and make a lot of mistakes with the org causing chaos down the road. -A lot of slogans and fake talk from above in the management latter.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Seasonal Employment

Oct 21, 2020 - Mechanic in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Just ok for extra cash

Cons

Shop is ran with sentiments

4. 2.0

Bad Management

Aug 12, 2020 - Operations Lead in Waterloo, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule is helpful for students

Cons

Management plays favourites and doesn't reward work well done

5. 4.0

Friendly job environment

Feb 18, 2020 - Mechanic
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can ride scooters for free

Cons

Workload depends on the weather

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great job, great hours, lots of quick change

Dec 17, 2019 - Operation Specialist Lead in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great hours, night shift was definitely better in terms of the position - Friendly workers and management -Snacks provided

Cons

- Customers can be super rude - App problems/outages - Hours go down/stop as winter starts

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

People, Mission, Transparency

Mar 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about working here at Lime, hands down, is the people. In a fast-paced startup environment, it can oftentimes feel like you're sprinting a marathon; and that's exactly what's going on here... What makes it all worth it is knowing that you have teammates beside you that are working just as hard, and yet willing to help you at the drop of a hat. The collaboration is something unlike anything I've experienced before, and it's stemmed from really believing in our mission and having leaders that are trusting and transparent with its employees. The ELT isn't afraid to have hard conversations with us, and is quick to admit their faults just as soon as they would their successes. They really instill in it's employees a team atmosphere, and always give credit where credit is due. In addition to this, they encourage open dialogue across all levels to ensure that it's employees are getting the most out of their careers here. They encourage you to find your passions with us, and will do what they can to get you there to the best of their ability. Knowing that our leaders trust us, encourage us, promote us, and keep us so informed helps us to stay motivated. We don't feel like we're grinding for nothing. We know we're on a path towards transforming the urban environment through the wonder of mobility, and while that path may have twists and turns our end goal remains the same. It's a wild ride, but 100% worth it.

Cons

It's a startup. There are going to be long hours and there's going to be ambiguity. You just simply have to be comfortable with, and excited by, those kinds of challenges.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Experience of a Lifetime with Room for Improvement

Mar 21, 2021 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing People with high powered talent. They have managed to recruit some amazing people at all levels of the organization - from the Executive Leadership team all the way to Field Operations. Technology is improving tremendously on the product side as well as in the field. People are not afraid to experiment and are encouraged. Data Analytics are experts and provide all the support to that end. The company is truly mission driven and is going to have an impact in all things transportation. Employees can feel proud about that.

Cons

While the company speaks of Radical Candor, often office politics come in the way and that feedback is concealed and revealed only at critical times like reviews. The Cis White Bro Club feel at times that undermines those that are not any of those things. Compensation could be a lot better especially when compared to key competitors globally. Field workers who are mostly minorities don't reap the benefits of the Diversity and Inclusion initiatives that by demographics this group represents.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great hiring process

Apr 7, 2021 - Employment Counsel EMEA in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The recruiters are very respectful, they regularly provide you with feedback and check on you at each stage of the process to ensure you are still willing to progress and ask if you have any specific questions or requests. The interviewers were very professional and were asking very pertinent questions to ensure the candidate will be a good match for the role.

Cons

The recruiters are keen to hire the strongest candidates hence the process can be a bit long. In my case, from the first screening call to the signature of my contract, it took 3 months in all, and I got 7 interviews + a set of 3 legal cases to do at home in a limited time and to send back for the line manager's review.

10. 4.0

Great Team

May 12, 2021 - Executive Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Experienced leadership Free lunch daily Unlimited PTO

Cons

Random layoffs Harder to grow in company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 178 Reviews