Kareo Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.2
Kareo Founder & CEO Dan Rodrigues
Dan Rodrigues

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Kareo is constantly trying new ways to keep their employees happy and providing a great work environment (in 10 reviews)

• Kareo is a fast paced environment that has a great people culture (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • They hired upper management that has turned the company on its head (in 10 reviews)

• Kareo is definitely going through its share of growing pains (in 9 reviews)

1. "Wonderful Atmosphere"

I worked at Kareo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kareo is a place that cares for its employees in a way that was beyond anything that I had previously experienced. From monthly recognition's within sales, to team sport activities, to get-togethers outside of work because people genuinely liked each other, to let’s have a party today just because we appreciate you, whatever the reason Kareo cultivates a positive environment. One that made it a desirable place to be.

Cons

Constantly having to innovate and course correct in order to remain competitive in a growing market.

2. "Sr. QA Engineer"

I have been working at Kareo full-time

Pros

CEO has good vision. Good opportunity to work on latest technologies.

Cons

Salary raise is not guarantied.

"Move On! They sweet talk but they are liars! No Growth! I wish there was 0 stars."

Former Employee - Team Lead in Irvine, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at Kareo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sweet talk you into anything! (Best pro I can find)

Cons

1. They lie during the interview!

2. They try to pay you less by promising future growth and bonus, from my discussion with employees there is rarely pay increase and forget about bonus.

3. Benefits are very bad! If you got a family, forget about this place.

4. Engineering leadership is terrible!

5. CEO is lucky to be where he is, so he is just going to prolong as much as he can. Doesn't care about hiring firing, done it 3 times with engineering before! As long as he can prolong his career!

6. Engineering leadership will listen to your ideas and dissolve them. No action taken.

7. Principle engineers and Lead engineers are just really in way over their head and extreme ego problems. They don't have growth ideas so they bring down your growth ideas/initiatives.

8. Engineering morale at its lowest because of engineering leadership, principles and leads.

9. The engineering leadership will huddle together and ignore the engineers and sweet talk engineers to follow them even when proved to be on the wrong path.

10. Extreme arrogance and logic is discarded and bias takes the lead.

11. Good resources leave constantly! Whoever leaves is much happier wherever they go!

Advice to Management

You need to be replaced! Engineering Heads, Principle Engineers, Lead Engineers and CEO!

4. "Solutions Consultant"

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at Kareo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Kareo significantly increased my value as a salesperson. Learning the software and new sales strategies in sync allowed for lots of growth and expansion of my own understanding of the sales process. Management often acts as a coach to the sales team with weekly one-on-one's to pour over sales performance; they make time to coach individual reps to increase their performance. Great company culture at Kareo, haven't previously worked at a company where everyone was so likable and intelligent. Great product, highly competitive industry.

Cons

Potential for clawbacks if a customer cancels their subscription within the first 4 months. It has a way of keeping the sales team accountable for what they're selling but can nix some previously-made earnings on a commissions check.

Advice to Management

As the sales team increases in number, make sure their ample opportunities to be spread (evenly) around

5. "database guy"

Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Kareo (Less than a year)

Pros

independent work. no micromanagement, if you know what are you doing you can set the sais up and go man/woman

Cons

none so far (two months in)

Advice to Management

even seasoned professionals need SOME advice/directons

"Do Not Work or Do Business With Kareo"

I worked at Kareo full-time

Pros

Good software in the early 2000’s

Cons

So many practices went out of business while I was there so to Kareo dropping the ball, not Billing, etc that I couldn’t keep count. Worst part when you have an issue or something serious you cannot get help or reach anyone. Employees are looked upon as something expendable, they will drop you in a heartbeat

Advice to Management

Find some integrity and stop hurting practices and employees

7. "Really poor place to work."

Former Employee - Biller Clerk in Ormond Beach, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Biller Clerk in Ormond Beach, FL (US)

I worked at Kareo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lucky to have a job.

Cons

Scrubbing bathrooms (not outside cleaning crew to do it). Full of bugs, spiders etc. Low morale, people calling sick daily for any reasons and all other responsible suffering trying to complete jobs while management do not care absolute about anything. Overcrowded placed, not enough offices for people or parking. More than 50 percent are smokers and building smells like an bar. If a place to sweet managers ears or you are not well fit for company in Ormond Beach Florida. All employees needs to act like operators, responding phone calls and not getting focus in billing which is really poor since almost any Dr's offices do not have any website to track claims and once again managers do not care about anything. Even managers at Florida office advise to give a high score to CEO since was behind compare to others in same field.

Advice to Management

Absolute any advancement to management. A billing rep will be doing billing forever.

8. "More than just a job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Kareo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Without question, the people are fantastic. They are the finest you'll work with. Considering you spend more time at work than at home, the environment really makes or breaks your day. It's the best that it can offer. It's a beautiful building, in a fantastic location, in a modern office, with excellent equipment, the most modern of furniture, monitors, work spaces, and even the chairs get a ten out of ten. You'll find plenty of places to relax, or have a productive meeting. Unlimited fantastic coffee, sodas, and at times, fresh-made juices. In my role, I get to make a positive difference in medical offices that is floundering, or even on the verge of bankruptcy. How many office jobs offer the chance to help others stay in business?

Cons

The work itself is a different experience for everyone. Sometimes there are challenges. Our successes are found by taking ownership of the outcomes.

Advice to Management

This company has been in business for over 10 years, has a growing base of clients, is becoming more profitable every year, and hires the best of talent in the industry. I can't think of any advice to improve on that.

9. "Technical support"

Former Employee - Backoffice in Heredia (Costa Rica)
    Former Employee - Backoffice in Heredia (Costa Rica)

I worked at Kareo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and Schedules are great. The Enviroment and the Parties are great. Subsidies are good too.

Cons

Supervisor
    Tier III in the US
    Time of resulution from Tier III
    Production

Advice to Management

None

"Product Support Specialist"

Former Employee - Product Support Specialist in Irvine, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Product Support Specialist in Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at Kareo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits package is crazy good.

Cons

No loyalty to employees when needed

Advice to Management

Revamp your HR department, start listening to your support reps, they are in the trenches, putting technical issues on the back burner because there is a work around and having customers wait for months to get the issue fixed is what is causing dissention in the ranks with customers and employees both. It's broke, fix it, the customer feels they do not matter!