Kareo Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.4
Kareo Founder & CEO Dan Rodrigues
Dan Rodrigues

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good work/life balance and the flexibility to put family first which is very important to me" (in 7 reviews)

• "Great people to work with, lots of empowerment, fast-paced growth and open to change things that perhaps aren't working as well" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Kareo's executive team is completely clueless" (in 5 reviews)

• "Commute, a little complicated in Costa Rica office due to being located in tech support hub, but nothing that better planning can't resolve" (in 4 reviews)

1. "mm"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Heredia (Costa Rica)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Heredia (Costa Rica)

I have been working at Kareo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible time, kind of good health insurance

Cons

Very close minded, not willing to make necessary changes to the tech stack. Some Irregularities in the hiring process.

2. "Patient relations"

Former Employee - PATIENT RELATIONS Representative in Heredia (Costa Rica)
    Former Employee - PATIENT RELATIONS Representative in Heredia (Costa Rica)

I worked at Kareo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The account patient relations is very interesting is about medical billing insurance

Cons

The manager is unprofessional no personal skills and no professional knowledge on how to handle an account. The hiring process is the worst and staying in the account is based on the manager likes you or not not on your performance. Also the systems they used are not friendly at all and the training is a joke. Kareo Costa Rica is the worst experience if you want a good job and employment stability dont even apply here. No real benefits.

Advice to Management

Be more professional and ethical in your decisions and agents are humans not robots.
    you dont have to be behind your manager to have a job

"Perfect for Me"

I have been working at Kareo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I just celebrated my four year anniversary with Kareo and I am just as satisfied with my job today as I was when I started. I rated it as 5 stars not because it is perfect, but because I don'want to work anywhere else. As I reflect over the past four years I have experienced so much. Initiatives that have been very successful and others that failed. But, as any celebrated entrepreneur would say, "You need the losses to get the win". - - and there have been many more wins. One of the wins at Kareo is the flexibility employees have to pursue opportunities outside of their team/department. If you are someone who is self motivated and patient there are so many opportunities at Kareo. Kareo will not the carve the path for you, but it will certainly help you navigate the road. Kareo is not perfect for everyone, but it is perfect for me.

Cons

Kareo is a "nice" company and we often struggle with accountability.

"Challenging, fun, and interesting work."

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at Kareo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exceptional people and leadership. Great perks and benefits.

Cons

There are free bikes you can use during breaks.

5. "Really have momentum right now"

I have been working at Kareo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

things are really clicking right now at Kareo. There is an energy across all functions that is exciting and intoxicating. Just had a major product launch that was the best I have seen. Really fun to work at Kareo right now.

Cons

Competition for talent is fierce right now, and Kareo has a LOT of talent. We've seen some good folks leave, but have also brought on some fresh faces.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

6. "Fast growing & Focused with smart people and great culture"

I have been working at Kareo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Fast paced company that is well positioned in the healthcare industry.
    - The product is great and the company is focused on making huge leaps amongst its competitors.
    - The company culture is amazing and the employees are highly committed to Kareo. Cross-functional teamwork amazing and it's a fun place to work at.

Cons

- Kareo has lost some key leaders in the last past few months but that has not prevented the company from progressing and growing.
    - Since the company is growing and the healthcare industry is ever-changing, leadership sometimes finds its difficult to make key decisions.

Advice to Management

- Focus on motivating your employees and grooming them to be great at their work.
    - Have a better-defined model for employee performance and progression.

7. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Support in San Francisco, Heredia (Costa Rica)
    Current Employee - Support in San Francisco, Heredia (Costa Rica)

I have been working at Kareo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good benefits, company focused on growth, middle management teams do worry about your wellbeing and your career path within the company.

Cons

Still running into some bumps as the company is still growing and evolving to fit the market needs, but overall, the company looks promising.

Advice to Management

doublethink cost-saving strategies as they might be turn out to be a future headache if not planned well.

"Solid company, solid people, solid culture!"

I have been working at Kareo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Robust product portfolio that is well established, mature and getting better each day. Like any growing company, we hit our road-bumps along the way but made the proper course corrections and are absolutely heading in the right people. Kareo's biggest asset are its employees. Hard working, intelligent, driven and like a family. We watch each other's backs and help one another grow. There are lots of opportunities for internal employees to grow here and move to different positions. Its highly encouraged to expand one's job experience in different cross functional groups and thats very refreshing as an employee. The corporate culture is something we all adhere too. Good work/life balance and the flexibility to put family first which is very important to me. It all comes down to accountability which is a trait fostered here. We have great perks like excellent gourmet coffee, video games, ping pong and tons of group and team activities both inside and outside work. Management is rock solid and a sense of purpose is first and foremost a core value and beacon we are all driven by. There is a reason why I have stayed here close to 4 years. I feel challenged everyday, work with amazing co-workers whom I consider some of my closest friends, have a management team that cares about me and my career path. And, I have a product and service I believe in that can make a difference in the healthcare space.

Cons

Not enough bathrooms (blame the building management for that one). We tend to lose people because the reality is there is a good job market out there. People have choices and sometimes leave for more money and growth potential which is normal. I will say this. We have many people who leave...and come back because they appreciate what they had here.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster professional growth opportunities within the ranks of your employees. Continue to keep your employees connected with the Macro and Micro factors driving the direction of Kareo (which you are) and continue to nurture and build on the he existing corporate culture you have which is respected and loved. A future 401K match would be ideal and go a long way too...

9. "Wonderful Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at Kareo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kareo is a place that cares for its employees in a way that was beyond anything that I had previously experienced. From monthly recognition's within sales, to team sport activities, to get-togethers outside of work because people genuinely liked each other, to let’s have a party today just because we appreciate you, whatever the reason Kareo cultivates a positive environment. One that made it a desirable place to be.

Cons

Constantly having to innovate and course correct in order to remain competitive in a growing market.

"Move On! They sweet talk but they are liars! No Growth! I wish there was 0 stars."

Former Employee - Team Lead in Irvine, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at Kareo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sweet talk you into anything! (Best pro I can find)

Cons

1. They lie during the interview!

2. They try to pay you less by promising future growth and bonus, from my discussion with employees there is rarely pay increase and forget about bonus.

3. Benefits are very bad! If you got a family, forget about this place.

4. Engineering leadership is terrible!

5. CEO is lucky to be where he is, so he is just going to prolong as much as he can. Doesn't care about hiring firing, done it 3 times with engineering before! As long as he can prolong his career!

6. Engineering leadership will listen to your ideas and dissolve them. No action taken.

7. Principle engineers and Lead engineers are just really in way over their head and extreme ego problems. They don't have growth ideas so they bring down your growth ideas/initiatives.

8. Engineering morale at its lowest because of engineering leadership, principles and leads.

9. The engineering leadership will huddle together and ignore the engineers and sweet talk engineers to follow them even when proved to be on the wrong path.

10. Extreme arrogance and logic is discarded and bias takes the lead.

11. Good resources leave constantly! Whoever leaves is much happier wherever they go!

Advice to Management

You need to be replaced! Engineering Heads, Principle Engineers, Lead Engineers and CEO!