Jump Trading Reviews

Updated Oct 12, 2021

Found 100 of over 135 reviews

4.2
Jump Trading COO Matt Schrecengost (no image)
Matt Schrecengost
Pros
  • "Cutting edge technology, hardworking and smart people(in 12 reviews)

• "Comfortable working environment allows you to be yourself and not worry about perceptions(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Young work environment can contribute to pressure to work very long hours but then this is standard in this industry(in 6 reviews)

• "not really any downsides, maybe work life balance(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

If you make the cut, this is where you want to end up.

Nov 2, 2020 - Helpdesk Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Every part of Jump as a workplace is built to attract the best talent, from the benefits to the pay to the culture. The quality of life is incredible; Jump is everything an employee could want in a company. If you have the talent to compete on the world stage, this is where you want to apply. These are not your everyday finance bros; these people are some of the smartest in the business and still treat one another with respect because--get this--it's built directly into the culture. At no point did it seem cutthroat. You will not regret working here.

Cons

High standards, befitting of a high-quality workplace.

6 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place

Oct 12, 2021 - Site Reliability Engineer in Tel Aviv-Yafo
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great compensations and facilities along with work life balance

Cons

they rarely work in a cloud infrastructure

3. The latest conversations about Finance

83 Comments

Finance

7.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Jump Trading~251744
      Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Tech startup vibes + Research lab culture + Finance upside

Sep 28, 2021 - Quantitative Researcher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Prior to Jump, I spent time at various finance/tech companies in roles ranging from backend software engineer to portfolio management to trading quant research. The culture at Jump is by far the best, and if the circumstances are right (more on this below), I will return without hesitation. The company is extremely aggressive and demanding when it comes to business and growth, while staying patient and accommodating when it comes to nurturing people and talent. There are almost no places I can think of where you will learn as much in as short of a period time, with as much of a ramp-up time as you need to learn the ropes, while having almost unlimited financial and career upside to boot. I have personally seen one of the founders bend over backwards to accommodate an employee who had trouble fitting in with existing trading teams by naming that employee head of a new trading team; I have seen a team fail and reinvent itself multiple times while maintaining unwavering support from management to keep investing in people and technology; and I have seen people's careers absolutely skyrocket in just a few years after graduation from the amount of impact they are able to have from day one. This is a place where senior leadership wants you to succeed and grow the pie, and very importantly, where you will be recognized and rewarded for doing so.

Cons

I ultimately decided to leave because I wanted to take a chance and start my own company. While Jump can give you a point very far on the risk/reward curve, definitely far enough for most people, it can't quite provide the two-hackers-in-a-garage ride-or-die sort of deal that I (probably foolishly) wanted as a next step. Who knows--maybe I'll look back as a multi-billionaire and think that leaving was the best choice I could have made for myself. More likely, I'll come back as an older and wiser (and greyer) scholar of the markets, and with that entrepreneurial itch scratched, I'll ask for another chance.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, high pressure but good rewards

Sep 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company, fast moving, you learn so much here

Cons

Lots of pressure during down times

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

10/10

Sep 20, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is great: compensation, work-life balance, extremely knowledgable & friendly co-workers

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very Messy Place - Lots of Gossip

Sep 20, 2021 - AP Analyst in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited sick days for all workers

Cons

A very messy place to work and lots of backstabbing. Even from the COO - Matthew Schrecengost, there was a lot of unprofessional workplace behavior. An untrustworthy environment, so be careful before choosing to accept an offer from them. Maybe the worst decision that you could make. Stay with your current employer if you don't need a job immediately

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very nice people, top tier comp, good WLB

Aug 16, 2021 - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- People are very nice, the company genuinely cares about it's employees. I have had two managers during my time at Jump, and felt like both cared about my career ambitions, professional interests, and personal circumstances. This is a direct result of how well the owners, CEO, etc. treat people around them. - Very good compensation. Don't need to focus on "selling" your impact like in big tech companies, as managers tend to me much more technical and this reflects in compensation if you do well. - Good WLB in the sense that you get to pick your balance. Some firms in this industry are known for horrible WLB. As long as you do good work, you can work a very reasonable 40 hour week at Jump, or more if you want to rake in more money. Point being, it's your call. - Some very, very talented people to learn from, Jump has some good teams with high performance C++ work, if that's your thing. - Good COVID response.

Cons

- Very little to complain about, cutting edge work exists, but tech debt can be frustrating depending on your background.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

My experience

Aug 24, 2021 - Analyst in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary, flat and lean organization

Cons

Communication within teams can be improved

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing company,

Jul 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people that you will work with are both friendly and incredibly talented. Jump also really takes care of there employees, this is by far one of the best places I have worked.

Cons

The work can be intense, and fast paced. I do not see this as a con but I know that some may.

11. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great benefits, wlb difficult

Jun 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and bonuses Talent and scale Friday food

Cons

Work life balance is poor. Diversity Internal mobility

Viewing 1 - 10 of 100 Reviews