FortuneBuilders Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 119 reviews

3.9
FortuneBuilders CEO Than Merrill
Than Merrill
Pros
  • "Culture- read their core values it's speaks for itself(in 14 reviews)

• "I have been able to grow tremendously on a personal and professional level as a result of my employment with FortuneBuilders(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Compared to previous jobs, I really have no cons(in 7 reviews)

• "If you don't like trainings, team events, personal growth, or working hard, this company may not be a good fit for you(in 5 reviews)

1. "Opportunities Abundant, Ideal Place for Driven Self Starters"

Current Employee - Manager (Marketing) in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

One of my favorite things about the company is the fact that it was created by entrepreneurs and that mindset trickles down from the C level to the admin level employees. Self starters will do well here and will be happy to find that there are a lot of opportunities for growth, as well as opportunities to mold your own position as you increase your skillsets. I can speak to that being the case as I've seen it in the... marketing department. Self education and good ideas are rewarded here. Culture is that of driven individuals that are good people and also like to have fun. Another pro is learning so much about real estate. If you aren't even interested in it to start, trust me after being in this environment for a few years you will start to!

Cons

While every company has its fallbacks, the pros truly outweigh the small amount of issues. As a company that started a little over 10 years ago, there are kinks that are still getting worked out as the company grows. But every year it improves and overall it is a great environment and place to work!

FortuneBuilders2019-09-25
  2. "Amazing Growth Minded Company"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in San Diego, CA

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A LOT of personal development, benefits, training, and amazing management. Casual dress, growth opportunity, uplifting and fun work environment. I've never had managers I looked up to or respected, come even close to the managers I've had here. I've had a couple different positions within the company as well because they believed in me and wanted to see me grow. Can feel proud to work for a company that has proven... to change lives, lives by their core values, and has amazing Owners.

Cons

The only real thing I can think of is if you aren't growth minded, than honestly this isn't for you...but hopefully you are growth minded! It is very family oriented as we do spend a lot of time together... Comments on here that say "cult like" or talk about church, or being a female and dealing with males may have had their own experiences...however as a female in a male dominated work environment that with Fortune... Builders both on the road team and inside admissions, you should probably feel comfortable working with guys Before going into it and honestly the worst that I've ever heard is a funny joke be cracked or someone compliment my outfit anyways, so maybe tougher skin would be good too and in a family like environment, it's pretty easy to want to go to church together and hangout with people that are like minded. I don't think there's anything wrong with that though so hard to even say it's a con. To each their own I guess..

Advice to Management

More work/life balance for the inside sales dept. I know it mainly depends on which team your on and goals, but a more lenient work schedule across the board and/or dogs allowed would be very nice. :)

FortuneBuilders2019-09-16
  3. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Coach

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has a great culture and I really enjoy the people I work with. I am also very impressed with their training processes they have in place. I also appreciate the commercial real estate investment opportunities the company has brought to us that they let us participate in. The education has been invaluable for my own investing efforts.

Cons

A lot is expected of you, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing more investment opportunities. I love them.

FortuneBuilders2019-09-03
  4. "Pathetic"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than a year

Pros

Real estate education I suppose

Cons

Managers are puppets, no raises, not enough parking, every department is held to different standards. The company lies to employees, breaks many CA employer laws, and discriminates and plays favorites.

Advice to Management

Grow a spine

FortuneBuilders2019-09-27

October 1, 2019Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are committed to being a culture that is transparent with employees and empowers management to make the right decisions for their team. We would encourage you to reach out to hr@fortunebulders.com so that we can learn how to keep improving our team member experience. We are always eager to hear how we can work to improve our company as we grow.

5. "Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Student Onboarding Team in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are too many pros to list. First, they care about you and treat you like family. A wonderful family atmosphere! I am proud of my work at FortuneBuilders, and proud of the tools I’ve been given to master my craft! If you are a go getter, and want to up your game, then don’t hesitate to apply! You won’t be disappointed!!!

Cons

Non, unless you don’t do what you are supposed to do! It’s an easy company to work for, if you do your job! We are responsible for our students, and there are, rightfully so, high expectations placed on us.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! I can’t say enough about this. I am currently on disability, and have felt cared for, loved, and not at all concerned about my position! Keep being you! I take it personally when people say things negatively about this company because I know it’s not fair! Thank you for always listening, being professional while still maintains that personal relationship.

FortuneBuilders2019-08-11
  6. "Ripe with Opportunity"

Current Employee - Director of CRM Business Operations in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A great environment is full of people who strive to be the best they can be. The company overall really cares about their clientele and strives to continue to add value to there students and employees lives.

Cons

Complacency is not allowed

Advice to Management

Continue to protect the company culture. Just because you are an A player doesn't mean you are a FortuneBuilder..... That's an ELITE group

FortuneBuilders2019-07-10

"Could be a good scenario for some, but my overall experience was negative."

Current Employee - Mastery Administrative/Sales Coordinator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than a year

Pros

The other team members I worked with were incredible people! Traveling every week was cool.

Cons

-After a while I felt guilty being a part of the company. The company is very focused on numbers, and very few team members actually do real estate. They say they don't need to be working there, but they definitely do. -While working there I never worked under 50 hours a week unless I took the week off. They say you work Thursday - Monday, but they gave us plenty to do on Tuesday and Wednesday as well. -Looking... back, I should have asked more questions about my pay because it was misrepresented to me, I made about 25% less than I was told I would make, so definitely check the fine print and ask about how scheduling works if you plan on working there. - The people working in HR are family members or close friends of the owners of the company, so if you have an issue, good luck getting a neutral party to try to resolve it with you, they will be biased. That is if they even find the time to get back with you, they seem to have a lot on their plate.

Advice to Management

Work the events more often.

FortuneBuilders2019-07-24

July 26, 2019Recruiting Manager

We appreciate you reaching out and sharing your experience with us here at FortuneBuilders. We have over 150+ team members who invest in real estate including our founders, our entire executive team, our coaches and trainers, and many of our team members across many departments. Many people within the company are not involved in a direct capacity of coaching, training, or working with students so of course not everyone is going to be a real estate investor. There are many roles within the company that are more operational and don't require someone to be a real estate investor. We're consistently looking for ways to improve the time that our team spends with us and our students. In an effort to learn and grow, we would be grateful if you reached out to recruiting@fortunebuilders.com to discuss your interview experience so we can better communicate the role with candidates in the future. One option for any team member that doesn't feel that their concerns have been adequately addressed by our Human Resources Department is to reach out to our legal team through legal@fortunebuilders.com. We are always open to hearing how we can work to improve our growing company.

"No Growth, or encouragement."

Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros, sorry.

Cons

The environment is hostile. They put on a great façade for the public and their students. But as an employee you’re not treated respectfully. The company will lie and take advantage of your hard work. you are expected to like the idea of worklife balance but not given the opportunity to actually have a work life balance. Also, Than won’t learn your name unless you’re one of the few people that are with in his inner... circle, if you’re not, you’re making sure he has water and he will probably take your sandwich.

FortuneBuilders2019-08-09

August 15, 2019Recruiting Manager

Thank you for reaching out to share your thoughts on your time here with FortuneBuilders. We are always working on ways to better our employee experience, and foster an environment that creates high performance and growth for our team members. Being a growing company with high standards on what we deliver to our students and community, we understand that at times we require different teams to be on full throttle and with that, not able meet the expectation of every team member to find their definition of work-life balance. With that being said, we appreciate your feedback and will continue to try to improve the experience for our team members.

"Sexual harassment at its best"

Former Employee - Customer Experience in San Diego, CA

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than a year

Pros

Absolutely nothing good about this company

Cons

I have been sexually harassed by management, co workers openly in front of others. There have been multiple investigations that come to no conclusions and the guys keep working here despite de mental and physical toll it takes on the victims. Multiple girls have quit after going thru the embarrassment that is Human resources in this company. If you would like to be part of this abusive environment then this is the... place for you a boys club at its best, where women are still being questioned for “provoking” that kind of behavior. This is by far the WORST most sexist unethical place I’ve ever worked for

Advice to Management

Zero tolerance should be a must

FortuneBuilders2019-08-06

August 15, 2019Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are committed to being an inclusive workplace. One option for any team member that doesn't feel that their concerns have been adequately addressed by our Human Resources Department is to reach out to our legal team through legal@fortunebuilders.com. We are always open to hearing how we can work to improve our growing company.

"Great Companhy"

Former Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They believe in work/life balance and self improvement. This is exemplified in the way they do business.

Cons

Sometimes the please everyone attitude can hinder growth for others who need it, but seems to all work out in the end.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing but understand that trying to please the one bad apple can eventually spoil the bunch.

FortuneBuilders2019-06-07