FSA Reviews

Updated Sep 20, 2022

Found 190 of over 214 reviews

3.1
FSA President George Mendiola (no image)
George Mendiola
Pros
  • "Work life balance; flexibility; benefits(in 14 reviews)

• "Great benefits, good work/life balance, flexible(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can't negotiate pay and no room for growth once at Records Examiner level unless you get a paralegal's certificate(in 16 reviews)

• "No room for promotion or movement(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good way to enter government if you want to

Sep 15, 2022 - Clerk in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

decent people to work with

Cons

not organized, heavy work load, some management not the best. keep your head down and do your job by the book, won't have any problems

Knowledge Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate that you listed the people you worked with as a "pro" as we also think the people we work with are pretty great. FSA supports federal law enforcement agencies as they work to make our communities safer for everyone - sometimes this can mean periods with heavier work loads and it always means a strict adherence to abiding by laws and regulations. While we pride ourselves on our ability to successfully support our customers, we acknowledge we can always improve and encourage you to submit your suggestions to qc@fsafederal.com.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Administrative

Sep 20, 2022 - Indirect Tax Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home options available

Cons

Extremely limited leadership direction at the corporate level.

Continue reading
    3. 1.0
      Current Employee

This is a job if you're fresh out of college

Jun 24, 2022 - Data Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

there are no pros here

Cons

They barely pay you much for the amount of work you do. Sick leave and PTO are a joke

1 person found this review helpful

Knowledge Manager

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We are concerned that you aren't able to list any pros about working with us. We seek to be a competitive employer and believe our leave and pay policies are among the best when compared with our peers. Although our pay rates are set according to our contracts and the Department of Labor, whenever it is possible, we increase pay rates on an annual basis and most of our tenured employees exceed the minimum required by the Service Contract Labor Standards (formerly known as the Service Contract Act). Paid time off is typically no less than 28 days, with the majority of recently hired employees receiving a minimum of 7 sick days, 10 vacation days, and 11 holidays. Please reach out to your FSA Senior Manager to start a conversation not only about the concerns you've identified here, but about how we might be able to improve your experience as an FSA employee.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

New manager

May 3, 2022 - Manager in Lansing, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good and far and honestly

Cons

Nothing bad just do the job

Knowledge Manager

Thank you for your great ratings! We encourage you to reach out to your FSA Senior Manager with any suggestions you may have on how we can further work to improve the employee experience.

5. 5.0

FSA review

Apr 25, 2022 - Program Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible, flexible, flexible, plenty of training opportunities

Cons

Lots of work sometimes, but plenty of time is given to finish tasks.

Knowledge Manager

Thank you for your rave review! We sincerely appreciate the high ratings and the recognition you provided for the support we give to our employees. FSA values people first and we are thrilled to know you are being given the flexibility and training you need to succeed. We acknowledge we can always do better, though, and your FSA Supervisor and Senior Manager are available to receive any suggestions you may have. We look forward to continuing our support of your career at FSA.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It is an "okay place to work"

May 5, 2022 - Law Clerk
      Business Outlook

Pros

Financial security, average pay, HR is helpful

Cons

limited professional growth options, centralized management makes the company inflexible

Knowledge Manager

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We are happy to hear that you found our Human Capital Management Department to be helpful during your time with FSA. As a company, we strive to always put people first and our HCM Department is central to that corporate value. Professional growth can often be difficult on government contracts; however, FSA provides employees with opportunities to improve skills and increase knowledge by providing various training opportunities and a tuition-reimbursement program. Employees are also encouraged to apply for higher level positions when appropriate. We welcome feedback on how we might be able to improve; please email qc@fsafederal.com with any suggestions you may have.

7. 5.0

Solid Opportunity Post College

Apr 12, 2022 - Litigation Paralegal
      Business Outlook

Pros

work with nation’s top prosecutors

Cons

stressful work environment at times

Knowledge Manager

Thank you for your review! Many employees have joined our team after receiving their degree and have found their experiences to be invaluable. We are glad to hear this is the case for you. Working in the legal field can be stressful; however, FSA provides employees with resources and training to help lower workplace stress and increase personal wellbeing. Please reach out to your FSA Supervisor or Senior Manager for assistance in accessing these resources.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Ok

Apr 25, 2022 - Data Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work experience and opportunities

Cons

Compensation, sick days, customer service

Knowledge Manager

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your work experience with us and the opportunities you were able to take advantage of as an FSA employee. The amount of sick days given to an individual employee can vary based on state/county of residence and so we'd be interested to know your specific experience and how we might improve. We are especially interested to know more about the customer service you mentioned, as we are continually striving to improve our customer service to both our government customers and our employees. Please reach out to us at qc@fsafederal.com with any suggestions you may have.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Overall a good company to work for

Mar 29, 2022 - Paralegal in Tucson, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, my regional supervisor is communicative and supportive.

Cons

Each QAE is different and can make or break your job.

Knowledge Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy that you feel we are a good company to work for and that your FSA management was supportive. We are concerned to hear about your experience with our customer. We encourage our employees to speak up when experiencing a challenging situation in the workplace. Our supervisors, senior managers, Human Capital Management Department, and Ethics Office are all available resources. Please contact one of these resources so we can work with you to address your situation.

10. 4.0

Data analyst

Mar 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the people loved the work

Cons

Not a lot of promotional potential. Job depends on agency you apply for.

Knowledge Manager

Thank you for your review. Career progression can be difficult while working on a government contract; however, we encourage employees to take advantage of our various training opportunities and our tuition-reimbursement program. Additionally, keep an eye on our internal career site for higher level positions that may be of interest to you. Please contact your FSA Supervisor for more information and guidance on how we can best support you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 190 Reviews
    </>Embed

FSA Reviews FAQs

FSA has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 214 reviews left anonymously by employees. 49% of employees would recommend working at FSA to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, FSA employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at FSA. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

49% of FSA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated FSA 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with FSA Job Seekers