ExpressJet Airlines Reviews
30% would recommend to a friend
(807 total reviews)
25% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Flight benefits were great and convenient" (in 76 reviews)
- "Great People (Flight Attendant) wise some of the best personalities and hardest workers in the airline industry." (in 59 reviews)
- "Good benefit with other companies" (in 45 reviews)
- "Great work rules and training." (in 24 reviews)
- "Great people And coworkers." (in 20 reviews)
- "The pay is low compared to main line airlines and the company wants more cutbacks." (in 66 reviews)
- "The company has poor management" (in 62 reviews)
- "bad upper management, did what was best for them and not the people" (in 13 reviews)
- "Long hours are expected and if you are salaried you don't get paid over" (in 13 reviews)
- "Low starting pay" (in 10 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of ExpressJet Airlines and is not affected by filters.
Found 807 of over 820 reviews
Updated Oct 19, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.0Oct 11, 2023Flight AttendantFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsAtlanta, GA
Awesome co workers, love the travel benefits
Very low pay almost poverty wages, lots of unpaid work like during boarding, no food for the crew even if the flights are long so you're basically wishing that some 1st class passengers will not eat their meals. They sometimes want to ignore the rules to accommodate the passengers.
- 3.0Aug 21, 2023Flight AttendantFormer Employee
Flight benefits Pay was okay
The company was at a war with the union and delta. I hope things got worked out. I was furloughed once Delta dropped their contract.
- 5.0Jul 7, 2023Tool Crib Attendant/Stores Clerk/Material SpecialistFormer Employee
Great people to work with and steady work!
Layoffs and management not listening to employees input!
- 2.0Feb 22, 2023Flight AttendantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearChicago, IL
Free flights when you can actually use them
Once they merged with United it went down hill from there. Flights are always oversold, no way to commute home on standby. Best luck is jump seating with US airways or American. Good luck trying to plan a vacation and actually use the perks of free flights. Flights are always over sold so it makes it impossible to plan a trip because you can get stuck & waste 2 days just trying to get to your destination.1
- 3.0Apr 25, 2023Airline PilotFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsNewark, NJ
wasnt the worst airline to work for
had no growth, but whatever, theyre out of business now
ExpressJet Airlines Reviews FAQs
ExpressJet Airlines has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 820 reviews left anonymously by employees. 30% of employees would recommend working at ExpressJet Airlines to a friend and 10% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.
30% of ExpressJet Airlines employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ExpressJet Airlines 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.