Eventbrite Reviews

Found 438 of over 514 reviews

4.1
Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz
Pros
  • "Good work/life balance: "Take the time you need" unlimited vacation policy; people actually use it; managers encourage you to take time off(in 54 reviews)

• "Great benefits: the best healthcare coverage of any company I've worked at(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "With a large aquation, including being a relatively new public company, it has resulted in some understandable growing pains(in 17 reviews)

• "Management didn't show the most interest in supporting entry level career growth, though admittedly they had very busy schedules(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

110.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Eventbrite~344483
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Easily the best place to work

Aug 11, 2021 - Product Design
      Business Outlook

Pros

Eventbrite has excellent values that they actually live by. They put their users above all else. Team members are treated like family. Extremely generous PTO and benefits. We are encouraged to take time off to better our communities. There's ample room for growth.

Cons

Like anywhere, there are opportunities for improvements in communication between teams and different segments of the business. That said, leadership is always working on ways to improve in this area.

4 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite Response

Thank you for sharing this and we'll continue to work hard on the culture! Excited to share our new engagement data with all staff this week - DH

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Eventbrite Vancouver: Amazing team, amazing office, amazing company.

Feb 17, 2020 - Site Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at the Vancouver office for over a year, and it has been amazing. The team is bright, incredibly supportive and cares about my growth. The new office is inspiring, centrally located with picturesque views. It's a great place to work!

Cons

With a large aquation, including being a relatively new public company, it has resulted in some understandable growing pains.

3. 3.0

Decent

Jan 31, 2021 - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced environment keeps you on your feet

Cons

The industry is doing terrible right now

Eventbrite Response

I appreciate you sharing this and am hopeful for the return of live events soon! - DH

4. 3.0
      Current Employee

Exciting space, lack of leadership

Jun 4, 2020 - Product
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Exciting space (when things return to normal) - Great people, some of the best I've met while working in tech - Lots of good hustle and energy

Cons

- Lack of benefits, especially for non-primary sites - Diversity issues - Lacking vision (no CTO) - Very little actual autonomy & trust - Many teams are not co-located making communication difficult

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Eventbrite Vancouver is a great place to work

Feb 7, 2020 - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is so nice and the culture is great. The team is always working together to meet the goals and there's never any bad arguments.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee

Problems at Vancouver office potentially saved by Eventbrite brand, but history of toxic culture and high turnover

Mar 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Eventbrite has a positive brand and culture and will likely try to improve local reputation. - Fun space to work in: events.

Cons

Do extra research and reference checks if you're looking at a job at this office. While Eventbrite has a workplace brand of being inclusive, diverse, and supportive, this office has a reputation of something quite different. The Eventbrite Vancouver office came from the acquisition of a Vancouver startup called Picatic. That team and its leadership are still intact there, but was wrought with high turnover and toxic workplace culture for years. Here are some specific examples: - Extremely high turnover and so many disgruntled former employees. In the last 2 years leading to the Picatic acquisition by Eventbrite, for example about 70% of the people hired to do sales, marketing, or support (the half of the company not coding full time on the core product) left in frustration or were abruptly fired. You'd never get a genuinely convincing reason why they quit or were fired, they'd never visit the office, you'd see them remove Picatic from their LinkedIn bios, you'd see them write insinuating comments around the web about it being a mediocre job, and you'd even see them leave disgruntled comments on the management team's social media posts. The origin story of the company was rarely shared because it's full of burned bridges. It was so painful. - Not diverse, not supportive. For example, no women were hired or could be retained as employees. Many times, you would hear people's opinions be insulted out loud in front of other teams or colleagues. If an opinion wasn't the same as management's, often you would be ganged up on. Over time, everyone just started sucking up because other opinions and debate were so dangerous. - These aren't just fixable skills, like hiring, managing, firing, defining job responsibilities, etc, but systematic problems. Also being able to say that the company was acquired (though really acqui-hired to the detriment of many people) probably only gives them validation that how they were doing things is ok, so they are unlikely to change. - Look at roles at other offices, or just hold off 6 months and see if things and office leadership dramatically change.

5 people found this review helpful

Eventbrite

At Eventbrite, we strive to create a culture of open dialogue and feedback, so I really appreciate you taking the time to share this with us. While I can't personally speak to the specifics of Picatic's culture and office environment in the past, I can say that we have made and continue to make a big investment in our Vancouver Britelings. We have put leadership training, feedback workshops, and coaching in place. We have seen our culture and our development training create best in career experiences across our global offices, and we are dedicated to creating a Vancouver office where all perspectives are represented. Continuous improvement is super important to us, so please reach out to me directly if you'd like to share more (omer@eventbrite.com). -Omer Cohen, Chief People Officer

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Truly walking the walk

Jan 10, 2022 - Senior Business Development Manager in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many employers talk the talk, very few walk the walk. Eventbrite walks the walk and I'm thrilled to be on the team! To name a few of the pros... - Work/life balance and support to achieve it - Genuine flexibility - Lots of support for families - Very welcoming environment that encourages you to be your authentic self - Hybrid working - you choose where you work - No micromanaging - When we're in the office, it's always stocked with supplies and has beautiful views

Cons

There are very few cons to working for Eventbrite. I would suggest the only one is the time difference between global offices (US, UK and AUS) and the challenges that it poses. Everyone tries to manage the difference as much as possible to mitigate meetings outside of hours, however the AUS team misses out on attending US presentations as they happen while we're sleeping. Hopefully after covid we'll have the opportunity to travel to the US and see the presentations/leaders in person.

Continue reading
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great benefits, company does care about its employees

Jan 20, 2022 - User Experience Researcher in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome benefits like unlimited PTO, wellness stipend, WFH stipend, great health insurance, good work life balance

Cons

Messy top level management with lack of direction at times. Great potential to become a great product but poor internal operations make things move inefficiently

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Awesome company to work for!

Jan 6, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy, Flexibility, Culture, Time off policy, Transparent

Cons

I don't have any cons!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best place to work!

Jan 5, 2022 - Customer Service Specialist in Cork
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a sense of community and management go out of their way to help and understand your needs as an individual so that you can achieve your goals with a set clear path. The team is amazing and we have great clients to work with once you understand your role the skies the limit.

Cons

The site could do with better updates but other than that non come to mind.

Continue reading