Cosmo Music Reviews

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fun Environment

Jan 10, 2020 - Director of Marketing and Ecommerce in Richmond Hill, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- fun casual environment - many knowledgeable long term employees - open door policy from management team - opportunity to develop your career path

Cons

- no formal performance review process

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good place to pick up extra work

May 27, 2021 - Music Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hands off, no organization required. Just show up.

Cons

Not as well paid as other teaching positions

3. 3.0

Good for part-time work

Oct 30, 2020 - Music Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good teaching experience and friendly staff.

Cons

Large turnover of students and not many hours. Pay could be better.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Small-Medium size company = good and bad

Oct 15, 2020 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

good deals on music gear, opportunity to learn a lot. lots of cool people. Pay is hourly plus commission which is good when its slow

Cons

not great communicatoin between management and staff.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work!

Jan 15, 2020 - Pro Audio Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Family-owned - A major part of the Canadian Music Industry - Friendly work environment - A highly knowledgable leadership team

Cons

- No formal review policy to discuss performance or compensation -

6. 4.0

Fun place to work

Nov 21, 2019 - Retail Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being surrounded by musicians in your workplace is a huge perk

Cons

It’s hard to earn raises even when you’re a hard worker

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome place to work!!

Nov 19, 2019 - Music Education Advisor in Richmond Hill, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cosmo has been the best job I've ever had! My coworkers are amazing and the management is very organized, responsible and friendly. When I came in for my first shift, I immediately felt at home and part of a family. The customers are extremely nice and I look forward to work every week!

Cons

There are no real downsides to working here - the only thing I would say is that it's kinda hard to get time off but the management is extremely understanding when it comes to that stuff.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunity to learn a ton and get your hands on brand new first class gear

Nov 6, 2019 - Cosmo Pro Technician/Rentals in Richmond Hill, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Get to learn a ton and get your hands on brand new first class gear - Great Co-workers and environment - Well Managed

Cons

- Some long hours (To be expected in A/V) - In store communications and customer relations in retail for part time

9. 1.0

Terrible floor managers

Apr 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guitar repair staff is great, most of the lower ranking repairers are great at their job.

Cons

Terrible managers: a manager will screamed at me, "WHY NOT!!!?," when he had nobody that could stay and cover a shift of somebody who called in for a sick day. and as he does that, he'll walk away. I had already worked the entire day, and was not able to stay. Managers will tell you things about how they will improve the workplace, your area, but that only happens for the business and profit amking side of things. Wages are terrible. Terrible to a point that they will tell you in the hiring interview that you will not get one no matter how long you work there. Also the managers will laugh at you if you try to ask for one because you've been there a long time. They will change their mind about your role if they need to, which is fine, but when the change isn't actually working and you have to pick up the slack and do the work to get things moving, then you get spoken to. you are told that you weren't supposed to do this anymore, and it doesn't matter if you tell them that the part of your job that they gave to someone else wasn't being done, they don't even listen. anyways terrible place to work, if you do work there, do it for a short time

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Warehouse

Feb 2, 2018 - Warehouse Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Get gear at cost and see lots of cool stuff coming in. Was a good stepping stone job. Co-workers were great although some of the sales staff were not so nice.

Cons

I was laid off and not called back. After I was unable to find work, I ended up starting back here. I found that they had hired a bunch of new people including an employee’s son in law before calling temp lay-off people. Management is a joke. “HR” is a co-owner. They pay slightly above minimum wage and you are expected to deliver large electric pianos among other things in a large truck all over the city.

3 people found this review helpful