Close Reviews

62 Comments

Tech

285.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Close~1155591
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0

No place I'd rather be!

Nov 26, 2017 - Account Executive in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Close.io is a value-driven product and organization. People here are humble, down to earth, and strive for excellence. No bureaucracy or drama here - it's all about focusing on what truly matters. We live to help salespeople and we believe in the power of inside sales teams to help businesses grow and thrive.

Cons

Not cons -- all I'm saying is that we really expect every individual to step up, and we really trust in everyone to be self-sufficient. You will learn how to rely on yourself, your abilities, and your own convictions, rather than trying to do what everyone else is doing. Don't expect a rigid set of rules for you to "win" the game - you are here to write the rules of the game! You must be confident, while backing up your input with data. Be humble, because teammates *will* question or challenge your viewpoints. Be ready for a startup that recognizes all the areas it needs to work on, but will not work at them all at once because we must ruthlessly prioritize. On top of that, remote work requires a lot of self-awareness and maturity, as well as the initiative to proactively and independently create the conditions of your success. Management and the team as a whole is very supportive with time and resources for you, but you must step up and ask for it!

4 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing place to work and grow!

Jun 7, 2022 - Customer Support Executive in Fortaleza, Ceará
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fully remote. Great leadership. The people ops team is A+. The company is self-funded and growing year over year. It is stable and profitable.

Cons

The hiring process is long. However, it allows for an amazing fit between the company and its people.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee

Low wages, overworked, doesn't care about you at all

May 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They'll say all the right things to make you feel special at first, so you feel like it's worth the stress.

Cons

Prepare to be gaslit. They purposefully keep teams small so they can exploit you for labor. extremely lacking in diversity. no interest in actually making change as long as upper management keeps making money. product actually has structural issues because they are also so stingy with money Stay far away if possible. Don't believe me? Take a look at all the negative interview experiences. It's clear they've asked current employees to flood Glassdoor with positive reviews to bury negative ones.

6 people found this review helpful

Close Response

For anyone interested in joining our team, we're happy to hop on a call so you can get an actual sense of what working at Close is like. Feel free to reach out directly to ANY current team member (you can find us on LinkedIn!)

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A place to call home!

Apr 3, 2022 - Senior Frontend Developer in Barcelona
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great, friendly people :) - Excellent management - Support structure to help you thrive - Growth opportunities - Engaging work that actually has impact on the product - Async, result driven culture, with absolutely no micromanaging

Cons

I can't think of any cons at all. I've worked for large companies and small startups, and none comes Close to working here :)

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Team Awesome

Aug 2, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best team I ever worked with: supportive, welcoming, fun. Remote work allows spending more time with family. Close really values long-term relationships with individuals and treats them with respect.

Cons

Remote work comes with a set of challenges. You have to take responsibility for your work day, for maintaining work/life balance etc (don't expect others to fix your day).

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

WOW WOW WOW - What a company, what a future!

Jun 21, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Bootstrapped (and profitable)... - This means we only answer to our customers (customer focused) - Freedom to do meaningful work without politics or red tape - Highly collaborative team, welcoming of different ideas and personalities - Flexibility (fully remote, flexible hours, team trust and understanding)

Cons

I've worked in tech companies large and small and nothing compares to the experience at Close. No cons to mention!

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Great team, great culture

Jun 24, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture, leadership genuinely cares about employees (and employees care about each other) - High level of autonomy, never been in a meeting I thought was pointless - Remote first culture, company has been remote (and got very good at it) way before Covid - Small team, so everyone has a big impact - Quality codebase, fun to work on, interesting technical problems - "Shape Up" project management methodology works very well

Cons

Really nothing significant, which is a huge pro by itself. Being nitpicky, it can be hard to step away and take vacation sometimes (although the time off allocation is very good) - this is possibly my own problem though!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome experience, team, and benefits

Jun 7, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely love this team and our mission––and the day-to-day is my favorite job to date. You'll get a lot of autonomy (but regular check-ins and guidance to make sure your priorities are aligned). Very few meetings and a true remote-first, asynchronous culture. Work on your schedule with little micromanaging and really great benefits. Feels like a very mature company culture with mutual respect and employee investment, plus––we're building a cool product that customers actually love, which feels affirming.

Cons

Some of the smaller departments are still building project management processes, so there's sometimes confusion that we need to clear up in team meetings and regular syncs about what's gotten done/still needs to be done. It's still much more manageable than other companies I've worked at though, so it's not really a complaint. More of just my only regular bump in the road.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Couldn’t imagine working anywhere else!

Jun 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Amazing remote culture and team. The people, hands down, are the best part of working at Close. Truly one of the best groups of humans I’ve ever encountered. *Open communication and transparency. No BS approach. No conversation is off limits. *Autonomous work environment - there’s a great balance of being able to do my job with little oversight, but enough guidance to make sure I’m on track *Flexible remote environment, work-life balance + incredible benefits. The company really values and invests in the whole individual, both in and outside of work *The bi-annual team retreats (in a non-COVID world) are amazing <3 *Thoughtful and inspiring leadership team. Really grateful for their transparency with decision making, which was very apparent throughout the COVID pandemic.

Cons

*Remote work isn’t for everyone - you have to be self-disciplined and self-motivated to stay on track.

10. 5.0

I Found My Tribe...

Jun 15, 2021 - Customer Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Showing up to work at Close every day is utterly the most fulfilling thing I do. From day 1, you meet this amazing tight group with inside jokes, years of stories together(and embarrassing pictures to unleash on birthdays) who immediately make you feel like part of something impactful. The daily job responsibilities are challenging, keep me on my toes and always learning and growing. Management is supportive of whatever interest you may want to pursue in and out of your JD.

Cons

Really none, you don't have to compromise on anything in Close.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Reviews

Close Reviews FAQs

Close has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 34 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at Close to a friend and 92% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Close employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Close. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

93% of Close employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Close 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Close to be management, senior leadership, culture and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, benefits.