Cision Reviews

Updated Sep 24, 2021

Found 944 of over 1,040 reviews

3.1
Cision CEO Abel Clark (no image)
Abel Clark
Pros
  • "good work life balance for employees(in 93 reviews)

• "Great people on the ground level(in 49 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay and commission structure(in 31 reviews)

• "There's no room for growth or promotion(in 25 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great company that is inclusive and innovative

Feb 9, 2021 - Associate Account Executive in Albuquerque, NM
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm proud to work at Cision because the culture and company is amazing. They care about their employees and help you succeed. Great time off, people, and industry overall. Since day one I have been welcomed and had the opportunity to grow.

Cons

They have been great it has been a couple years of mergers and acquisitions so just some growing pains but for the better overall.

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee

great work environment

Apr 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

you can enjoy work and best management

Cons

review process is complicated and long

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Scoundrels, Abusers, Liars!

Sep 17, 2021 - Senior Ae in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a big enough name that people sometimes recognize. The office property is in a cool place downtown Toronto.

Cons

They are pretentious and extremely toxic, think so highly of themselves to the point where they won’t even credit you for your ideas (they will act like it’s their own). They treat sales staff horribly. Firing people during the pandemic. Gaslighting, virtue signalling. Leadership very much in their own world turning a blind eye and avoiding people. They will treat you like garbage for things outside your control. They will fire people above and below you, then say you’re on a PIP. They will steal work you do over and above your job description after telling you to “run it like your own business”. They will show you racism, and pretend it’s not there. They will abandon you when you need help. They will act as though you have no experience, when you have more experience than your boss.

5 people found this review helpful

Cision Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are very serious about our commitment to a respectful workplace without discrimination. We encourage anyone who has had an experience that doesn’t reflect that commitment to reach out to our HR business partners.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee

Awesome co-workers but it was a very stressful and high-pressure environment

Aug 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Co-workers and managers were amazing and helpful - Good for a starting position (for a little while), especially for those in media/communications - Sometimes the work was interesting - Good health/dental insurance benefits and enough time off granted (vacation, personal, sick days) - Adapted well to WFH due to pandemic

Cons

- Throughout the entire duration of my employment we were always understaffed with very high turnover. It was made much worse by massive layoffs in 2020, and less than 2 months later everyone was really struggling with the volume. - Salary was very low with no yearly bonuses - Hard to take vacation as blackout periods would last up to 3 months (even a single day was difficult) and resulted in burnout - Ok with changes but there were a lot too quickly which resulted in confusion and too much work for us to handle - Some employees were able to grow within the company, but overall there were very little growth opportunities

1 person found this review helpful

Cision Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your detailed feedback is valuable to us as we continually strive to make Cision a great place to work. We’re happy to hear that you appreciated your co-workers and our flexible work environment. Mental health and wellbeing is a serious concern with the pandemic lingering on, and we are focused on providing resources and guidance to help our people with burnout and other issues. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not bad/not good

Aug 11, 2021 - Sales Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed the culture.

Cons

The leadership wasn't up to par with my previous role.

1 person found this review helpful

Cision Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take pride in our inclusive, collaborative, and friendly culture, and we’re happy to hear that you valued it. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Not the best, not the worst

Aug 3, 2021 - Client Content Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can finish on time without doing overtime

Cons

So many tasks always changing. It should be more consistent

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great large company

Jul 2, 2021 - Account Executive in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people and teamwork, locations across Canada

Cons

Large organization, old legacy processes and non-competitive salary

Cision Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback on the team and the great collaboration in our company. As we transform Cision, we are integrating/updating many systems and processes throughout the company. We’re also looking at compensation to ensure we are competitive across all our positions and markets. If you would like to share your feedback directly, please feel free to reach out to your department’s leadership team or your HR business partner. Thanks!

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

There is a reason so many people are quitting

Jul 16, 2021 - Customer Success Manager (CSM) in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers were great, and there was a real feeling of teamwork and shared experience (suffering). Benefits and PTO offerings were reasonable and pension matching was good for those who stayed on long term.

Cons

I am not certain if the acquisitions is what did them in, but it became a complete nightmare working there. CSMs, ADs, Insights, everyone below management level is jumping ship to places that values their staff and have better management practices.

5 people found this review helpful

Cision Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry that your experience at Cision did not match our intention of being an employer of choice. We will share your concerns internally - your feedback is valuable and will help us make Cision a better place for our people. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

9. 5.0

Room to grow

Jun 10, 2021 - Client Success Manager in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team, great benefits and room to grow

Cons

None, enjoyed my time there.

Cision Response

Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear that your Cision experience was a positive one, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Business Rep Position Pros and Cons

Jun 10, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting commissions - you can work hard and be rewarded accordingly

Cons

Very high level of activity required - 25-50 phone calls and emails per day.

Cision Response

Thanks for your review! We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying your Cision experience and thriving at the company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 944 Reviews