Best Version Media Reviews

Updated May 8, 2021

4.4
Best Version Media Chief Executive Officer Dave Durand
Dave Durand
Pros
  • "BVM offers an opportunity to create a successful business without a large initial investment(in 106 reviews)

• "Be a publisher with unlimited support throughout training, all the way up to Dave Durand the CEO(in 71 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The pay is based on working 20 hours a month, but to produce a high-quality magazine, it takes much more time(in 49 reviews)

• "Same old trouble with "sales people (publishers)" who are unreasonable(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

LOVE working with the BVM team - amazing opportunity

Apr 20, 2021 - Publisher in Wilmington, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with BVM nearly 4 years, and have achieved financial success greater than any previous job/career! My schedule is flexible and as long as I "get up and never give up" I have continued success! Dave Durand is an amazing CEO, and our entire leadership team is top notch. We have so much support and people wanting us to succeed. Amazing culture . . . so thankful for BVM, it has changed my life!

Cons

You need to be disciplined, motivated, and willing to work hard to achieve huge success.

2 people found this review helpful

Media Relations

Thanks so much for the review! BVM offers entrepreneurs a flexible work environment and an award-winning culture unlike anywhere else. We're thrilled to hear about your continued success and we're grateful to have you on the team!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Tremendous Opportunity

Mar 15, 2021 - Publisher in Abbotsford, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started as the writer and took over the magazine after I saw how much the community liked it. This opportunity brings value to the publisher, business sponsors and residents. Residents get to know each other and business sponsors show their support for the neighbourhood and connect with the residents in a meaningful, family-friendly meduim. For the publisher, it's a great way to bring value to the community and keep a good work-life balance. I also work with a nonprofit, and I can devote time from my week there while also working as a publisher for my magazine. BVM has been terrific to publishers and sponsors during COVID. They quickly pivoted with remote presentations. BVM has shown great compassion toward my business sponsors throughout the pandemic too. BVM is fun to work with and very positive. Their training and support are really good too. This opportunity has allowed me to create an income stream which has helped my family greatly. The sky is the limit. And BVM has room for publishers who want to run one magazine and others who want to run several. Overall, the culture is positive, fun and forward focused. It's a great opportunity for people who will put in the hard work it takes to be successful.

Cons

To be honest, the biggest "con" is that it's hard work. It takes intentionality, consistency, perseverance and resilience to initiate with so many people.

Media Relations

Thanks for leaving such a detailed review about your experience working with us! Our goal is to offer training, resources and support to help every one of our Publishers build a successful business. It's a challenging yet rewarding role that offers entrepreneurs the exciting opportunity to bring a beautiful magazine to their community each month. We're grateful for the feedback!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very impressed with this company

Mar 12, 2021 - Publisher
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked in corporations both large and small, as well as owned several businesses myself. My experience working with Best Version Media has exceeded all expectations. The organization runs like clockwork with systems for everything - yet nimble enough to adapt to challenges and adjust when necessary (covid being a prime example). The training and support is world class. The company culture is uplifting, fun, principled and humble. Simply put, this is one of the best kept secrets out there. If you value growth, flexibility and community, this could be the opportunity you're looking for. It was for me.

Cons

If you need someone to chase you around and hound you to get your work done, this might not be for you. The autonomy we have is amazing, but with that comes a responsibility to be disciplined about setting and working your own schedule. Intrinsically motivated (aka self-starters) will love this.

Media Relations

Thanks for the great feedback about working with BVM! The Publisher opportunity has tremendous potential for self-starters who work hard and stay committed to the program.

4. 5.0

An Amazing Opportunity

Mar 12, 2021 - Publisher in Brandon, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

BVM has an amazing culture, outstanding leaders, and the business opportunity of a lifetime. BVM has allowed me the ability to own my own business, to work for myself but not by myself. Not only am I creating something amazing for myself and my family, but I also get to help local businesses and local residents and help to build a strong community. If you are looking for the formula to creating an amazing life, you have found the right place!

Cons

There really are no cons for Best Version Media if you are willing to work hard and challenge yourself to be the best version of yourself everyday.

Media Relations

Thank you for the positive feedback! We truly believe anyone who is up to the challenge can build a successful business while working with BVM. We're grateful to have you on the team!

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

You work hard and generate first sale in 4 months otherwise fired

Mar 19, 2021 - Associate Publisher in Charlottetown, PE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great and caring team leads and team members.

Cons

Requires hard work and experience and patience and speed to generate first sale

Media Relations

Our goal is to offer training and endless support to help our people reach their goals. We understand the Publisher opportunity is not for everyone, but we believe that anyone can find success with us by working hard and staying committed.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Comission based

Mar 24, 2021 - Account Executive in Barrie, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Team Good Management Great Training Well managed system

Cons

Commission based Hard to start Previous knowledge of Sales is required to succeed

Media Relations

Our goal is to offer training and support to help all of our people find success. We appreciate the feedback!

7. 4.0

Great Part-time Job

Feb 5, 2021 - Content Coordinator in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, flexible hours, supportive supervisors, a variety of different work and a way to connect with your community.

Cons

Not many full-time opportunities outside of sales roles

Media Relations

Thanks for leaving us some feedback! The Content Coordinator role offers writers the opportunity to work with a local Publisher to share positive, family-friendly magazine content with our readers each month.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

BVM takes care of themselves first not their employees

Sep 29, 2020 - Publisher in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience in launching your own business and connecting with your community

Cons

The magazine you launch is not yours and they can and will hold back your pay if you don’t make a sale within 30 days

7 people found this review helpful

Media Relations

We offer an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurs to start a business in their local area and we value the hundreds of Publishers we work with. We believe anyone can achieve their goals with us through commitment and hard work. We'll continue to improve the Publisher role moving forward to help others find success.

9. 4.0

A great challenge!

Sep 8, 2020 - Publisher in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

They give you the tools to be successful, but as with everything in life...your success depends upon yourself.

Cons

The time that you have is yours...what are you going to do with yours?

1 person found this review helpful

Media Relations

We offer entrepreneurs a challenging but rewarding opportunity to build a successful business. Thanks so much for the review!

10. 5.0

Lots of support

Jun 8, 2020 - Publisher in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great support, patience, healthy income potential

Cons

Must be able to work independently and apply discipline

Media Relations

BVM offers Publishers freedom, flexibility and uncapped earning potential. Thanks so much for the positive feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 335 Reviews