Best Version Media Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Dave Durand

"Very Positive Experience"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

The interviewer was honest regarding possible income to me made using minimums to make it easy to understand. Thoroughly explained this is not a get rich quick scheme, you get out what you put into the position. After discussing various options, we concluded the Account Executive position was a better fit, for everyone, myself and for the company. The recruiter had a complete concern that because it was 100%... commission sales, that I was prepared in case it was 3 months or more before I saw any commission, so there were no surprises.

Cons

Non at this time. The recruiter was thorough and therefore answered all my questions before I had to ask them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Best Version Media2019-07-11

"Do Not Work Here"

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Whitby, ON

I worked at Best Version Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

0 pros, they lie about the posted positions, and the job they hire you for is not the one you applied for.

Cons

They don't respond to email inquiries, you don't earn the first 5000$ you make in sales, you're basically working for nothing for the first few months. Terrible company, would not recommend to anyone. They also don't give the address of your work and is very sketchy

Best Version Media2018-10-14

"Opportunity knocks"

Account Executive in Chilliwack, BC

I have been working at Best Version Media

Pros

The company is exactly what it says it is. I was skeptical at first, but after going through training and now having worked with them for a few months, there is no misdirection here. You can absolutely make great money if you follow their plan. Make your calls, get your yeses and it will all fall into place. It's not easy...no one said it was. But why take a job that doesn't challenge you. BVM certainly has a... great business model, wonderful people, full training and support. Does it take time to succeed? Yes. Do you have to be highly motivated? Absolutely. Like others here have said, it isn't for everyone. But if you put in the work, you'll be rewarded.

Cons

It's not really a con (because this is what you sign up for), but you should have some money saved up to pay the bills until you reach baseline/start making money. It would be tough for someone to live for the first couple months at least.

Advice to Management

Thanks for your honesty. The job posting was accurate. The company culture and support is definitely there. My division manager calls me weekly to check in, and this company celebrates when you're up, and supports you when you're down.

Best Version Media2016-07-08

"Sales Account Executive"

Sales Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Best Version Media

Pros

This is a great company that is very fair, full of encouragement and their method of sales are really great! All of the people are very friendly and very serious. There is very little up-front investment ( about $500 depending on travel expenses).

Cons

The biggest con is that there is down-time in income while you collect sales, so if you do not have 2 -6 months living expenses covered while you are trying to get this going, then it's not for you. The other big con is that it really does matter where you live in order for this magazine to be a success. The magazine caters to rich, successful families and you must convince advertisers that that is what they want.... Smaller cities are tough because the local businesses already have a network and a good handle on how to sell their wares. My city really only has one development considered successful and they rejected the free magazine coming to their homes. Other developments were too small for advertisers to be interested. So know your city and your local businesses before you take the plunge. BVM will say it doesn't matter where you sale, but it does. It will take much longer for some areas and if you're not already retired with an income, you won't make it.

Advice to Management

Admit the area for sales matters and reject people who don't have an income that will cover their living expenses for a year.

Best Version Media2016-03-25

"Work months for no pay!!! What a concept!!!"

Former Contractor - Account Executive in Ocala, FL

I worked at Best Version Media for less than a year

Pros

There are no bosses, no quota's, no outside pressure. residual income (if you get that far)

Cons

The review that said " plan on little to no income for 6 months" is NOT exaggerating. You MUST be self motivated and plan on working harder than you ever worked before for ZERO MONEY. It's not an easy sale because unless an advertiser lives within the "neighborhood" magazine, they've never heard of it. I do not advise quitting a paying job unless you are a two income household. This CAN be a good opportunity... but most people have to leave to pay the rent at some point.

Advice to Management

Offer minimum wage to start. Give me a choice of a smaller commission in lieu of. I might've stayed longer.

Best Version Media2016-04-26

"My experience has been nothing short of greatness."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people here management wants everyone to be successful and succeed. Reminds me of FAMILY!

Cons

I see no cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Best Version Media2014-12-09