Berkeley Executives Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Berkeley Executives Reviews

Updated May 17, 2017

2.2
Berkeley Executives   (no image)

"*CAREFUL* Company had to rebrand as BRAND EXECUTIVES"

I worked at Berkeley Executives part-time

Pros

You can make some great relationships with your coworkers and for those who stick around long enough, you respect their daily grind

Cons

That being said: -Long hours, little pay (never compensated for the gas of your own vehicle and driving you and your coworkers almost an hour away to selling locations) -If you don't personally follow-up on direct deposit/how to get to pick up your pay, you'll probably never see a check -Interview process is ridiculous and it took me 30 minutes for them to tell me what my day-to-day work would be like -You're really just selling cable/mobile plans in Walmart, Best Buy, and Fry's -Not upfront, no transparency, not glamorous work, you do NOT need a college degree my friends

Advice to Management

Rebranding your company as Brand Executives because (and I assume) Berkeley Executives was getting thrown under the bus from previous employees just goes to show how mismanaged the company is.

Berkeley Executives2017-05-18

"Unprofessional Scam"

I worked at Berkeley Executives

Pros

I would be lying to give this company any kind of pro rating.

Cons

A terrible company that is run by a bunch of grown children that deceives you into thinking that you're doing "promotions" when you're just harassing people at their houses

Advice to Management

Stop conning people and wasting their time

Berkeley Executives2017-04-10
  3. "Account Manager"

I worked at Berkeley Executives full-time

Pros

Great co workers great energy

Cons

Long hours low pay no reimbursement for expenses

Advice to Management

Reimburse expenses. Be upfront on salaries.

Berkeley Executives2017-01-24

"long hours, low pay and not very honest during hiring interviews"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Rodeo, CA

I worked at Berkeley Executives full-time for less than a year

Pros

marketing techniques and sales strategies with group activitys

Cons

the hours and pay guidlines are not explained to you during the interview/hiring process, the days are long and sometimes you make no money unless you sell enough to make a small base salary. you also travel which is not what I applied for.

Advice to Management

honesty from the very beginning about every detail would create less of a negative reaction in employees that decide to work for the company.

Berkeley Executives2016-11-03

"New Name- Brand Executives"

Account Manager in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Berkeley Executives for less than a year

Pros

Learned how to sell Networking Fun environment

Cons

Too many hours Base is super low No compensation for gas

Advice to Management

Stop lying to new employeess.

Berkeley Executives2016-11-02

"Positive organization"

Account Executive

I worked at Berkeley Executives

Pros

Great opportunity for networking. Possibility to build strong sales skills and increase confidence.

Cons

Intense work hours and schedule

Advice to Management

Keep developing training program and hiring process

Berkeley Executives2016-08-31

"This company has made me an overall better person."

I have been working at Berkeley Executives full-time

Pros

Employees are focused Everyone that works here has a positive outlook on things and gives lots of support Full training Good networking opportunities A lot of diversity Working here has made me have second thoughts about the way I live my life. I've become more organized, punctual, personable, and open to new things.

Cons

In my opinion, there really aren't any cons about the company that are noteworthy enough to include in this. Some people might not like the fact that you get out of it what you put into it, but that's part of what made me better.

Berkeley Executives2016-07-18

"Awful Sales Job"

in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Berkeley Executives

Pros

Some of the people there are ethical and genuinely friendly, but those people are few and far in between. I can count on one hand the number of people who worked there whom I am still in contact with today.

Cons

Long, hard and grueling, slimy sales job that begins WAY too early in the morning and ends WAY too late at night. Why you are expected to work such long shifts for such hideous, low pay is beyond me. 6 days a week; 12 hours a day, and NO OVERTIME PAY.

Berkeley Executives2016-08-24
  9. "Gaining skills"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Berkeley Executives full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love this place because there is an abundance of helpful management and coworkers. The training given is in depth and very informative. Positive energy here also makes the working day a little easier.

Cons

It's difficult to find parking during the peak of rush hours.

Berkeley Executives2016-07-22

"Don't waste your time here"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Berkeley Executives full-time

Pros

Your coworkers are the only people which make the job bearable.

Cons

There are many. Press more to read on. -This is a sales job. The conditions can be hard (depending on the campaign): I burned in the sun, froze in the cold, battled the wind, and braved the rain. Management cared not at all about improving these conditions (they failed to supply tents and encouraged us to just deal with it via 100% positive attitudes! What an excuse, what a joke!) -Base pay + commission setup is a sham: essentially you get paid much less than minimum wage considering that you are working 50-60 hours a week. If you make more sales one day and not very many another day, you have not made any more money on commissions (this is most often the case). -Unrealiable equipment: I used a tablet to complete sales. It was hard to complete sales if the tablet: ran out battery, was slow, had no internet, a cracked screen, and generally outdated features. Management would always say, "don't blame the tablet." Psh! -The motivational mumbo-jumbo is grossly repetitive and meant to deceive. When they say everyday you can make a bad sales day right with your attitude you know they are trying to brainwash you. More over, from day one it is injected into your head that if you cannot do the work and if you cannot deal with the low pay and the harshness of the field you are likely a quitter. This I felt was implied with every morning 'lesson'. -Transportation costs tremendous and management does not care! Not only does the company expect that you travel to its office based in Berkeley early every morning, but that you travel to SF (or other Bay Area cities) to make your sales and then return again to Berkeley to restore inventory (and review the day). They do not offer to pay for transportation and some of my coworkers had to spend most of one-week's salary to travel back-and-forth from work and home in a single month. -No breaks. Though its a field sales job and you have a lot of freedom to goof off if you wanted to, you won't because your paycheck depends on you spending all your time and effort rooting out your customers. Rather, you are encouraged to take 'smart breaks' - when you need a snack, or need to regain your positive attitude. -The people up top lie: When I first was interviewed, I was told I could make upwards of $800 a week! Who are they trying to kid! With their inefficient marketing strategy at the forefront of the workers' sales, no one is going to make that kind of money. It was implied that I'd get some great-sounding bonuses as well, but, heck, management never even treat me to a glass of water on our 'Team Nights'. -You are not allowed to 'blame your territory'. When you make sales at different locales, it might become obvious the trends of those places and you might figure out that one place yields more sales than another. Right? Right. Yet this 'experiential' marketing company would rather shh its workers than think strategically about marketing, though it claims to know marketing so well. -They will hire the young and unexperienced for their less popular sales jobs. Maybe this is good. But I saw how easily young people were manipulated in this company. If you are unexperienced, you definitely will not have any expectations for decent pay, good working conditions, etc. At least that was the case with me. At least I know better now. -Mornings at the office are a waste of time. I enjoyed talking to my coworkers during this time, but in the grand scheme of the sales workday it is clear that morning meetings were a waste of sales time. And they definitely got boring at times. -High employee turnover is a bummer if you are going to stick around. The only reason I stayed for so long was because of my coworkers. They were a fun bunch of folks that made the grind slightly more tolerable. Unfortunately as people begin to realize that they can do better, they leave. Since I have joined and left the company (over a period of a few months) 20-30 people have also quit the job.

Advice to Management

At least acknowledge that there's a problem here. Low pay and longs hours is not the formula for retention.

Berkeley Executives2016-08-20