Arm Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Arm Chief Executive Officer Simon Segars
Simon Segars

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Love working at Arm!"

Current Employee - Global Talent Acquisition Partner in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Global Talent Acquisition Partner in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Arm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Warm welcoming environment, extremely flexible work/life balance, challenging, exciting work, empowered to make an impact, very minimal politics, engaging and transparent senior leadership, globally connected with peers at all levels around the world, a diverse & inclusive culture, many opportunities to work on different projects and with different groups/teams, excellent rewards package, outstanding benefits - best I have ever seen, every employee globally was just given an annual $8500 gift to use towards personal development, well being and family - encouraging each of us to invest in ourselves, try that new hobby, something you've always dreamed of doing - your choice, The Austin office has an incredible farm to table café with video games, foosball, ping pong, + a Starbucks cafe, IT help bar, walking trails, soccer fields, basketball court, gym, etc. and the friendliest facilities team you'll ever find welcoming you to Arm. Smartest engineers ever, doing amazing things, and an ecosystem of working with our partners in a humble culture, which is innovative and bursting the boundaries on what's possible for our future. I could go on and on! I've seen the Cambridge office (rated #2 in the UK on Glassdoor by the way) and the San Jose office as well, and have peers in China, India, Israel, Finland, France and more and all seem to love Arm as much as I do. I'm only 4 months in, but I already know that I will grow leaps and bounds here (I already have) and that this will be my home for years to come. And this role is not my last here, there is so much opportunity to stretch yourself out of your comfort zone. I know I've made the best career decision in joining Arm and highly recommend.

Cons

Because of our partnering ecosystem we don't have our name out there as much as other technology companies, because even though Arm technology enables 99% of the mobile devices out there, we empower our partners to be successful, so it is there name on the devices. But hopefully as we build our newest org out - the IoT space - our brand will be more recognized.

Advice to Management

Keep believing in and investing in your people, continue with your open door policy and transparency - you're doing all the right things. Couldn't be happier. :)

Arm Response

18 Oct, 2017 – Employer Brand Manager

Thank you so much for leaving a review, it's been an absolute pleasure to read and i for one, feel the warm welcoming environment every time i come over to the Austin Office!

Fiona
    Employer Brand... More

"Great and fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Loughborough, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Loughborough, England (UK)

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are very nice and easy to work with.
    Excellent benefit package and keep improving.
    Very good work/life balance.
    Free on-site parking.
    Free snacks and fruits, coffee maker.

Cons

Catering need to be improved.

3. "Working at ARM great environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging work, great people, environment helps develop community, facility allows you to work hard in different settings, and play with friends - basketball, volleyball, soccer, gym on site, running trails, workout sessions

Cons

Sometimes there is more travel than I'd like to get things done

5. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Chandler, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Chandler, AZ (US)

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Less bureaucratic, your voice is heard by upper management, employees are respected

Cons

After softbank acquisition, stock based compensation are now gone

Advice to Management

Management needs to review the compensation and benefit packages often to keep up with the competition as stock based compensation is not available any more.

6. "Great experience with data"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Arm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to work with various teams (e.g. finance, marketing, and research) to prototype business and research data and find actionable insights.

Compensation is good. Care about employees' personal developments and wellbeing.

Great diversity in the company. Value different culture and background.

Cons

Workplace needs to be improved. For example, desks are not deep enough for monitors.

7. "Well-compensated, fun, and relaxing place to work"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Arm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good, culture is good, work-life balance is great.

Cons

Location in Austin is somewhat "middle of nowhere" south of downtown Austin and requires a car to get to.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have another location in north Austin.

8. "Great place to work with lots of benefits"

Current Employee - Systems Performance Engineer in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Performance Engineer in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Arm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young and dynamic environment that throws challenges/rewards at your regularly. Lots of room to improve, grow and make a difference if you are looking for that. Company is encouraging and supporting employees to volunteer, contribute to community and even give financial (cash pot every year) support to develop themselves in every way possible.

Cons

Company is growing so fast (>25% this year alone) that we have several new employees joining every week. Integration of the new folks into projects might be challenging.

Advice to Management

Great job. Keep up with the vision and mission of the company with a keen eye on minimizing our impact to the environment.

9. "Well managed company with very sharp people"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Arm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very well managed company (financially, products, marketing) with full transparency. Feels like a family. Huge penetration in smartphone and a great potential to build up on that for IoT, especially after the Softbank acquisition. Great strategy for hardware and software. Good compensation. # of employees grew by 20% just in the last one year

Cons

Opportunities to optimize/accelerate decision making

10. "Most laid back big company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Arm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked for several large companies before and Arm is by far the most laid back of any of them. The management is very cool and accessible. (I sat next to the CEO Simon Segars at a dinner a couple of months after starting. The benefits are better than average(healthcare especially!) There are also little intangible benefits: farm to table cafe with a private chef on site, funds available for self-improvement, super flexible work schedule.

Cons

There are two main downsides to working at Arm here in Austin. First, no stock shares. Since Arm is owned by Softbank now, there's no opportunity for stock to be a part of compensation. Second, the Arm office is pretty far south. If you live down south that's a benefit. Unfortunately I live north so the drive can be hellish depending on the time.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure I have any advise for management at this point. I've only been at Arm for a few months at this point.

11. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Staff Applications Engineer in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Staff Applications Engineer in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Arm (Less than a year)

Pros

The working conditions here are great. The site is nice. There is a good cafeteria. People are friendly.

Cons

There are no stock options.