Arm Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Arm Chief Executive Officer Simon Segars
Simon Segars

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • bad work life balance / stressful most of the time (in 20 reviews)

• The company is growing very fast for the last few years might face challenges to keep the company culture (in 10 reviews)

1. "a growth mindset company"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Diversity, innovation, career opportunities, listening management.
    All is done in this company to have people committed for the best
    Great culture

Cons

Compensations and benefits are still not aligned with the competition

Advice to Management

Growing fast is a real challenge. How can we keep the Arm spirit in a 5k people company?

2. "Arm - best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people - the leadership team live and breathe the Arm core values and this is passed down to everyone.
    Work conditions are very good and benefits are shared, with employee welfare being a high priority. I'm sure it pays dividends - happy motivated staff will do a good job in return, and people seem to stay for a long time, some even leave and come back! Presumably because the grass is not greener on the other side.
    Innovation and ideas are encouraged, they are not a greedy grabbing company and aim to contribute both to the industry and society. Personally, I find this a refreshing change. I am really happy working here. I work with high quality people where arrogance is discouraged and collaboration is the rule. It's growing fast - that's probably my one concern, hope it's not over-expansion. Definitely the best company I have worked for and I hope to stay here for a long time.

Cons

I am really happy working here - any niggles are minuscule in perspective of having such a great work environment and a high quality management team. Slight concern that a lot of management seems to have shifted to the USA even though the bulk of staff are in the UK.

Advice to Management

Keep going with what you are doing - don't change the wonderful culture and values which make this such an amazing company. Don't have all the management in the USA - we need to see a career path in the UK too!

3. "Arm Noida is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Layout Designer in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Layout Designer in Noida (India)

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very complex projects and we enjoy doing them and learn a lot
    Great teamwork
    Different ways of making layouts
    Managers take interest in day to day activities and they are not just interested in achieving final dates

Cons

Long hours of work
    Aggressive deadlines for projects

Advice to Management

Continue the great work at Noida but find better work life balance.

5. "Very Good Company"

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good work culture.
    Team people are sound in technical depth.

Cons

Did not observe any specific.

Employer Branding and Social Media Specialist

6. "Filled with people who are both smart and friendly"

I have been working at Arm full-time

Pros

In twelve months at Arm I've interacted with hundreds of people across dozens of teams. I continue to be amazed that everybody else seems to be both smart and nice with it. This is such a rare combination yet the concentration here is incredible. 10/10 would recommend to a friend.

Cons

I hear Microsoft pay better, but I'm very satisfied with my compensation package.

Advice to Management

The ethos and openness around collaboration and the fundamental expectation that everyone else also wants to do what is best for us all is amazing. Keep it up!

4 Dec, 2017 – Employer Brand and Social Media Specialist

Thanks for leaving a review and congrats on your 1-year anniversary with Arm!

7. "review"

I have been working at Arm full-time

Pros

good company to work in semiconductor

Cons

no cons have in this company

Advice to Management

no advice to this company

8. "Best place to work"

I have been working at Arm full-time

Pros

A wealthy company that really believes in and invests in its staff
    Lots of expansion, which in turn bring opportunities

Cons

Lots of expansion, can sometimes mean things never seem to stay settled for more than a few months (but personally I'm fine with that!)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

28 Nov, 2017 – Employer Brand and Social Media Specialist

Employer Branding & Social Media Specialist

"Employees with tenure are not better off"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Arm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The working atmosphere was always goods working at ARM.

Cons

My managers didn't know how to manage
    They do not compensate employees who have devoted years to them, as well as they do new hires.
    With all the changes as of late, it's not the same great company it once was to work for.

Advice to Management

Take the employees who have dedicated years to ARM into account regarding salaries. New hires are paid much more than employees who have devoted years to this once great company.

10. "Senior Design Engineer"

I have been working at Arm full-time

Pros

Overall good team work, which helps.

Cons

Work Pressure is high, needs balance.

Advice to Management

Pls. don't over commit projects, Put adequate resourcing in Projects.

"The feudal system is alive and well in Arm..."

Current Employee - Senior Principal Engineer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The work can be interesting and you get to work with some bright, interesting people.

Cons

1. Lack of career development...
    The feudal system is alive and well at Arm! If you want to progress you need to either enter into a marriage of convenience, build an empire or conquer and steal someone else's.

2. Constant re-organisation...
    Arm has little care for the employees caught in these manovours. The net effect of the constant shifting organisational structure is lots of very smart people being constantly displaced in favour of those who tow the line and will do as they are told without question.

3. Middle management with no vision...
    See point 2. the people who get promoted to the middle lack creativity, they are not disruptive they execute regardless of whether the plan make sense or not.

4. Out of touch upper level management...
    There is at least one very public example of a senior figure re-writing history for the purpose of self promotion. The resentment simmering in the reporting line was plain for all to see apart from the person involved it seems! Similarly Mr Segar's himself is seeing a version of reality different to those on the ground.

5. A highly creative workforce being crushed by grind and lack of leadership...
    In the world of the FTSE 100 you are only as good as your ability to hit a quarter. Arm devolved from a "innovate to survive" culture to a sausage factory churning out product after product to feed the licensing machine. Innovation only happens if it's for free and fits with in the schedule for the next release. This does the very talented people that work at ARM a disservice.

6. A non-executable growth plan
    The growth that Masa Son promised the UK government is almost impossible to deliver. The talent pool does not exist in the UK at present. In a post brexit world Europeans are difficult to attract and with the tightening visa requirements its harder and more expensive to bring in people from other parts of the world. What advice have hiring managers been given in this environment? "Lower your expectations."

Quite apart from this Arm can't actually house all the people with the facility's plan that's currently in place. The solution? Give everyone a smaller desk and increase the density.

Advice to Management

Someone once said "Madness is repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome..." Appointing or promoting those that only know execution to the upper levels is a sure fire way to kill the business.

23 Nov, 2017 – Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing your views. We are at a stage in our growth where we are making changes to scale up our organisation to take on new challenges so your feedback on how you are experiencing this... More