Arm Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Arm Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jan, 2018

3.1

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm.

Interview

Premier entretien après l'envoi de la candidature. On reçoit dans le mail un lien HireView valable trois jours ouvrables pour passer un entretien vidéo. Ce n'est pas un entretien en direct, mais enregistré.
    Des questions plus ou moins techniques sont posées.
    30 secondes de préparation pour chaque question, puis 3 minutes pour répondre.

Ensuite, j'ai eu un test de code assez simple ou il fallait compter le nombre de bits à 1 dans un nombre en décimal. Des tests sur les exemples simples sont fournis dans l'interface. Bizarrement, il n'y avait pas de limite de temps pour coder.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arm.

Interview

I applied on ARM website. I was contacted by HR 3 weeks later for a phone interview with two engineers. They were quite nice and friendly. The first few questions were on quite simple stuff (what is a pipeline, why is it used, what is cache, what is an MMU) but they implied other questions as we dug deeper into the subject (like give me a few examples of branch prediction algorithms etc.). Then they asked about the projects I did at school and during my professional experience year, but didn't go much deeper than that. They asked why I chose the internship I was interviewing for, and then I asked a few questions. They said they were quite satisfied, and that they planned on giving me a final answer 3 weeks later. There only was one round of interview for this position.

Interview Questions

• What is a pipeline? How many stages is there in general? why are we using this, why is it bad to have too many stages? What is branch prediction, what algorithms are used? How can one avoid waiting for the data to be stored in the memory, and use it right away? What is cache? why we use it? What is the access time of cache? what is a cache miss? How big is it (roughly)? What is an MMU? What is it used for?   1 Answer

Principal Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antibes (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arm (Antibes (France)) in February-2012.

Interview

Il y a un test tres technique d'une heure puis on voit une dizaine de personne, chacun pendant 1/2 heure. Les questions lors des entretiens sont tres techniques et il y a des exercices a faire sur tableau: exercice de design, de software en langage C, un entretien en anglais pour voir le niveau.
    Ces tests de connaissances sont assez decorreles du travail de tous les jours, et ne permettent pas forcement de deceler le potentiel ni la motivation de quelqu'un.

Interview Questions

• A quoi sert la transforme de Fourrier d'une fonction ?   1 Answer
    • A quoi sert une MMU ?   1 Answer
    • Comment declare t'on un pointeur de fonctions en C?   1 Answer

Software Modeling Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm.

Interview

Hirevue video recording interview, was difficult to show personality. Got asked multiple questions about content I claimed to have no experience with on my resume. Makes me think they didn't even screen resumes and just offered an interview to everyone who applied, which I found to be inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Delete all elements of a certain value from a linked list   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Networking) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm.

Interview

Two rounds telephone interviews in different days, both technical and nice interviewers.
    The first round was more about coding and system knowledge. The second round has gone through my resume and asked more general questions.
    Talk about what they are doing and what plan to do in the future.

Interview Questions

• socket programming, data structure, multi-thread in C. simple algorithm question about link list.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arm (Boston, MA (US)) in December-2017.

Interview

video interview firstly. Coming with two behavior questions and a small programming question using C++, then 1 os questions and 1 computer architecture question. The company focus on fardware, so the online test were fundamental knowledge of computer archtechure and operating system. They will play the pre-record question. You will have 30s to prepare and 3m to answer. Your answer will be recorded by your pc's camera.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a group project you attend   1 Answer

Graduate FPGA Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online with a current employee referral. I got a kindly - worded rejection email from an HR representative. The fact that they sent me an email from an actual person, with the job title mentioned, made a positive impression to me.

Fresh grads apply to multiple openings at each company and will often receive cold, automated rejection emails with no feedback or job title mentioned. The career sites don't give personalized application status updates either, so you're left wondering who rejected for what exactly, never mind why.

ARM HR, if you're reading this, good job. Please continue to show empathy and treat your applicants well.

Graduate Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arm (Chandler, AZ (US)) in November-2017.

Interview

Chandler office. CPU Verification team.
    1. Logic design - Gave a verilog code -> build circuit -> optimize it. FSM design
    2. Verification - UVM architecture. How will you debug a processor? Verify Interrupts in pipeline
    3. C++ : Constructors, memory allocation. Structs and OOP. Gave a detailed code snippet. Asked to debug and find errors (headers, function return type mismatch, command line args, memory alloc, constructor related errors)
    4. Architecture - Draw pipeline, MSI, Cache size calculation, improve cache performance, Virtual memory, aliasing and how to solve, TLB and PT, What to do if some mem addresses are not cacheable in pipeline, Hazards, ROB structure and working

Know everything in detail

Principal Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arm (San Jose, CA (US)) in November-2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Phone interview with hiring manager and another engineer. Phone interview with 3 people. In-person interview with a local VP. Lunch with a local engineer (architect level). In-person interview with a panel of 4, who work in or near the group I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as ARM's opportunities and threats, in the marketplace? [paraphrased]   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arm (San Jose, CA (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

ARM individuals were very friendly, courteous and engaging. They did a good job of explaining ARM's culture and the expectations for this position. They provided feedback in less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important trait for a business development manager?   Answer Question