Arm Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Arm Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct, 2017

3.1

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm.

Interview

Premier entretien après l'envoi de la candidature. On reçoit dans le mail un lien HireView valable trois jours ouvrables pour passer un entretien vidéo. Ce n'est pas un entretien en direct, mais enregistré.
    Des questions plus ou moins techniques sont posées.
    30 secondes de préparation pour chaque question, puis 3 minutes pour répondre.

Ensuite, j'ai eu un test de code assez simple ou il fallait compter le nombre de bits à 1 dans un nombre en décimal. Des tests sur les exemples simples sont fournis dans l'interface. Bizarrement, il n'y avait pas de limite de temps pour coder.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arm.

Interview

I applied on ARM website. I was contacted by HR 3 weeks later for a phone interview with two engineers. They were quite nice and friendly. The first few questions were on quite simple stuff (what is a pipeline, why is it used, what is cache, what is an MMU) but they implied other questions as we dug deeper into the subject (like give me a few examples of branch prediction algorithms etc.). Then they asked about the projects I did at school and during my professional experience year, but didn't go much deeper than that. They asked why I chose the internship I was interviewing for, and then I asked a few questions. They said they were quite satisfied, and that they planned on giving me a final answer 3 weeks later. There only was one round of interview for this position.

Interview Questions

• What is a pipeline? How many stages is there in general? why are we using this, why is it bad to have too many stages? What is branch prediction, what algorithms are used? How can one avoid waiting for the data to be stored in the memory, and use it right away? What is cache? why we use it? What is the access time of cache? what is a cache miss? How big is it (roughly)? What is an MMU? What is it used for?   1 Answer

Principal Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antibes (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arm (Antibes (France)) in February-2012.

Interview

Il y a un test tres technique d'une heure puis on voit une dizaine de personne, chacun pendant 1/2 heure. Les questions lors des entretiens sont tres techniques et il y a des exercices a faire sur tableau: exercice de design, de software en langage C, un entretien en anglais pour voir le niveau.
    Ces tests de connaissances sont assez decorreles du travail de tous les jours, et ne permettent pas forcement de deceler le potentiel ni la motivation de quelqu'un.

Interview Questions

• A quoi sert la transforme de Fourrier d'une fonction ?   1 Answer
    • A quoi sert une MMU ?   1 Answer
    • Comment declare t'on un pointeur de fonctions en C?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arm (San Jose, CA (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

ARM individuals were very friendly, courteous and engaging. They did a good job of explaining ARM's culture and the expectations for this position. They provided feedback in less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important trait for a business development manager?   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arm (Madison, WI (US)) in September-2017.

Interview

45 mins inverview, covering OS, data structure, computer architecture, assembly language, algorithm. Basically, this inverview will cover a lot of knowledge. First, I need to answer some simple questions. Then I need to do some programming.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm.

Interview

After initial emails, there was 1 phone screen, two phone IVs with hiring manager. This was a very professional & pleasant process. I was always kept in the loop, recruiting team answered questions quickly and interviews were not rushed.

Interview Questions

• standard IV questions, programming tests in second phone IV   Answer Question

Arm Response

13 Sep, 2017 – Employer Branding and Social Media Intern

Thank you for leaving a review and for your interest in working at Arm. It's great to hear that you had a positive candidate experience and felt that communication was good and the interviews were... More

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arm.

Interview

Personable and pleasant interview process conducted completely over the phone. Mostly asked questions about what work I'd done with specific projects, as well as working through a hypothetical about hardware development the ARM way.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the process for developing new hardware IP?   Answer Question

IC Graduate Design Engineer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm (Miami, FL (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

This position was in wireless Team of ARM at Florida. I was interviewed on 12th May 2017. I got a call from the Director of Engineering after a week that they are going to offer me this position as they have been interviewing from past 6 months and I am the first candidate to be offered. During the telephonic conversation he has also mentioned that the position is on hold and it might take two weeks to reopen it. As soon as the position will be opened I will be getting an official statement. After 3 weeks he got back to me through email and said that he failed to reopen it and it might take 3 months or more than that. This is the most unethical thing I have ever faced. This was so unprofessional. When the position is on hold then Why are you taking the interviews? They have also called my friend for Onsite interview and even before the interview has even started they told him that if you have any other options go with that. Is this a some kind of a joke? You are calling a student for a job interview. He or She is preparing day and night for it and at the end you say that We are not sure why is the management sending students for the interview. You got to have a professionalism. If this is a way you handle your employees then I am glad that they have not taken me for the position.

I hope you don't repeat the same thing with other students. Consider yourself in that position. I hope your management do not repeat this in future. As far as the interview process, I enjoyed giving the interview.

Interview Questions

• - Basic Analog Questions, Opamps, Noise, Bandgap, Feedback, Frequency response.   1 Answer

Arm Response

2 Aug, 2017 – Employer Brand and Social Media Specialist

Thanks for leaving a review on your interview experience with Arm.

I apologize for your less than positive candidate experience with us, that is definitely not our standard. After checking... More

RF/Analog IC Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm (Boston, MA (US)) in April-2017.

Interview

Their Principle Engineer talked me through the company on the phone. We went through my resume after that. He was very patient as we took a lot of time talking about the exact circuits I designed.

CPU Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arm (Gainesville, FL (US)).

Interview

I got a call from university career fair, after my elevator speech, some questions regarding cache and some technical questions were asked then I got a call for the interview