Approach International Student Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2020

3.8
Approach International Student Executive Director Michelle Fernandes (no image)
Michelle Fernandes
  1. "Excellent company to work!"

Current Employee - Assistant Director

I have been working at Approach International Student full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked at Approach for over five years, and I am so grateful. The culture is so positive, caring, and so many people have gone out of their way to help me. All staff truly cares for its students and the company offers amazing benefits.

Cons

Love everything about the company!

2. "I endorse it!"

Current Employee - Administrative in Allston, MA

I have been working at Approach International Student full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Culture! Employees are very friendly and all managers go above and beyond to help everyone to grow and sick professional development. Compensation is above the avarage.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but you must be flexible to change schedules when needed.

3. "Amazing Approach!!"

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator

Pros

I have been working at Approach for 3 years now. I just love it here. Co-workers are amazing and there is always a friendly and positive atmosphere. Every single day of my life, I learn new things. Very understanding staff and benefits are amazing. Thank you Approach for everything!

Cons

This company is amazing that there are no cons.

4. "The place to be if you want to grow!"

Current Employee - Public Relations Specialist in Allston, MA

Pros

Approach is a fast-growing company that has grown tremendously in the past 3-4 years. I have been working here for three years, and I have seen the enormous challenges the management had to face. The administration had to go through a significant adaptation: from being a small company to quickly becoming a medium-to-large successful school. Even with this rapid change, the management team has exceeded our expectations! They are respectful to employees and are always incentivizing others to grow with the business. Approach has not stopped growing and has ambitious goals for the future! Approach is definitely the place to be if you love what to do and if you want to grow to higher positions quickly. The staff here is a plus! Approach has a very diverse community from different countries. If you love different cultures, learning other languages, and trying new foods, you will absolutely love working at Approach! Each one of us has a diverse cultural background, and we love working with international students. Because most of us and most of our students are away from their family, Approach grew to be a fantastic community that feels like family! Approach has amazing benefits for people who love developing their skills. Full-time employees have tuition reimbursement and lots of chances for professional development (Especially if you are the type of person who wants to grow with the company and apply for higher positions). I benefited a lot from going to conferences in and out of the state, getting tuition reimbursement to help me pay for school, and taking different short certificate courses to polish my skills. The Approach kitchen is also a fantastic benefit. We have access to free coffee and food! I have saved tons of money!

Cons

In the Allston location, parking may be difficult, but don't worry, we have lots of tips to share on where to park.

5. "Payroll is unorganized"

1.0
    Former Employee - Teacher in Boston, MA

I worked at Approach International Student part-time for less than a year

Pros

Students are a plus, Administration not so much.

Cons

In my opinion; very unorganized. They couldn't get my payroll straight, and they still owe me money. I wouldn't recommend working there, some Teachers left for that same reason.

Continue reading

"Good for entry-level ESL teacher"

4.0
    Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Approach International Student part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers, laid back environment

Cons

Not a lot of training, need to learn as you go

"Amazing Place"

Current Employee - Lead Faculty in Allston, MA

I have been working at Approach International Student full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you're interested in teaching ESL, or even thinking about starting ESL teaching career, this is the place to be. I have been working here for almost an year, and I have grown tremendously thanks to Approach. I honestly don't know where to begin here. There are just so many benefits working at Approach. First, every single one that you will be working with at Approach is incredibly nice and so caring. We are always open to each other and looking to help and support. The teachers and staffs here are so friendly and always welcoming. I have never felt so comfortable working in a foreign country, (I am from South Korea btw) but this place, it is like home away from home! Second, we have a great kitchen area which is always full of food and snacks for teachers and staffs. Are you tired of bringing lunch boxes to work? Don't you worry! Approach makes sure that all employees are well fed and happy! Personally, this saved me a ton of $$$$, and you will save a lot of $$, not having to bring food to work. Third, there are countless opportunities to grow here. If you're willing, there are just so many chances for you to go onto higher positions. We have more than 800 students here, and this means we need a lot of people to teach and manage. If you think about it, it is a very promising job with a possibility to grow and upgrade your resume. We are more like a family all together. Honestly, I can't thank enough for all of my coworkers to help me be in this position. I feel blessed to have met Approach in my career path. Please do not hesitate to apply! We're eager to meet you and get to know you!! Cheers!

Cons

If you drive, parking maybe a little difficult, but not really. We know a lot of tips with this matter. So, no worries!

8. "Swinging door of teachers and students"

2.0
    Current Employee - Teacher

Pros

Inevitable to learn at least some Portuguese while teaching English. Good food sometimes for free. Free coffee too...sometimes.

Cons

Most teachers don't stay long because of low pay and seem to only teach at the school while looking for teaching positions abroad The benefit package is a joke/nonexistent.

"Great Environment"

I worked at Approach International Student part-time

Pros

The people who work there are great! I had a great time teaching and working at Approach.

Cons

It can be a bit disorganized at times, but overall I loved it.

"Language School"

Former Employee - English Teacher

I worked at Approach International Student part-time

Pros

Warm, open environment. Hard-working office staff.

Cons

Long classroom hours, meager pay

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 English Reviews