Approach International Student Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Approach International Student Reviews

Updated Oct 24, 2019

3.4
Approach International Student Executive Director Michelle Fernandes (no image)
Michelle Fernandes
  1. "Amazing Place"

Current Employee - Lead Faculty in Allston, MA

I have been working at Approach International Student full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you're interested in teaching ESL, or even thinking about starting ESL teaching career, this is the place to be. I have been working here for almost an year, and I have grown tremendously thanks to Approach. I honestly don't know where to begin here. There are just so many benefits working at Approach. First, every single one that you will be working with at Approach is incredibly nice and so caring. We are always open to each other and looking to help and support. The teachers and staffs here are so friendly and always welcoming. I have never felt so comfortable working in a foreign country, (I am from South Korea btw) but this place, it is like home away from home! Second, we have a great kitchen area which is always full of food and snacks for teachers and staffs. Are you tired of bringing lunch boxes to work? Don't you worry! Approach makes sure that all employees are well fed and happy! Personally, this saved me a ton of $$$$, and you will save a lot of $$, not having to bring food to work. Third, there are countless opportunities to grow here. If you're willing, there are just so many chances for you to go onto higher positions. We have more than 800 students here, and this means we need a lot of people to teach and manage. If you think about it, it is a very promising job with a possibility to grow and upgrade your resume. We are more like a family all together. Honestly, I can't thank enough for all of my coworkers to help me be in this position. I feel blessed to have met Approach in my career path. Please do not hesitate to apply! We're eager to meet you and get to know you!! Cheers!

Cons

If you drive, parking maybe a little difficult, but not really. We know a lot of tips with this matter. So, no worries!

Approach International Student2019-10-24
  2. "Swinging door of teachers and students"

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Approach International Student full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Inevitable to learn at least some Portuguese while teaching English. Good food sometimes for free. Free coffee too...sometimes.

Cons

Most teachers don't stay long because of low pay and seem to only teach at the school while looking for teaching positions abroad The benefit package is a joke/nonexistent.

Approach International Student2019-10-15
  3. "Great Environment"

I worked at Approach International Student part-time

Pros

The people who work there are great! I had a great time teaching and working at Approach.

Cons

It can be a bit disorganized at times, but overall I loved it.

Approach International Student2018-07-03
  4. "Language School"

Former Employee - English Teacher

I worked at Approach International Student part-time

Pros

Warm, open environment. Hard-working office staff.

Cons

Long classroom hours, meager pay

Approach International Student2018-05-12
  5. "Exploitative from the Top to the Bottom"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allston, MA

I worked at Approach International Student part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great students who work hard to make sacrifices to better their lives. Good health coverage for full time employees. Can help you springboard to a better language school.

Cons

Low pay for instructors. Hours can change erratically from month to month and can span anywhere between 8 am to 10 pm. Management is very disorganized, and judging by the Employee handbook that is by design. They have no intention of providing internal professional development or creating a cohesive and consistent approach to curriculum and instruction. Treatment of employees is often unethical and management offers no support to teachers.

Continue reading
    Approach International Student2017-06-26
  6. "Great company to work for!!"

Former Employee - ESL Speccialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Approach International Student full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Family oriented, centered on students' needs, focused on improving and growing, dynamic.

Cons

We get too comfortable, so most employees have been here for a while!!

Approach International Student2012-12-15
  7. "Studnet"

I have been working at Approach International Student

Pros

Very great atmostphere to work in

Cons

Poor slaray in compariosn to work done

Continue reading
    Approach International Student2010-10-24

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews