Appirio Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Appirio Reviews

Updated Nov 15, 2019

3.7
Appirio CEO Andy Chaudhuri (no image)
Andy Chaudhuri
Pros
Cons
  • "Some projects are great for Work-life balance and others are more demanding like many consulting companies(in 22 reviews)

• "Mired by process, red tapes and politics after the acquisition by Wipro(in 12 reviews)

1. "Work hard, play hard"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You hours are dictated by you and your clients; remote work is amazing

Cons

Work hours can be a bit crazy in regards to the volume of work you'll have

Appirio2019-11-11
  2. "Appirio is awesome"

I have been working at Appirio full-time

Pros

It is very flexible, you can work from home. The coworkers are also awesome, they really work as a team. They pay for the certifications and they want you to certificate on everything that you can (related to your job).

Cons

Many things changed since Wipro acquired the company, and many people is leaving taking with them all the knowledge.

Appirio2019-11-09
  3. "Salesforce Developer"

I worked at Appirio full-time

Pros

Good culture and Fun at work

Cons

can not think of that ..No Cons

Appirio2019-11-08
  4. "Great Company Culture ...yes STILL"

Current Employee - Manager, Consulting in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Appirio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full time remote work Work/life balance (flexible schedule, And I only work over time if I really want to) Learning culture Friendly employees that collaborate, not compete Competitive Salary with annual merit/promo cycle Wipro acquisition created tons of pipeline & opportunity that didn’t exist previously, has provided strategic client partnerships Room for career growth GREAT on boarding... experience-I’ve heard they’ve not been great in the past but as of Oct 2019 they have figured it out Develop consulting skills (and get SF certs) that are translatable industry wide Work on creative projects and then get to move on (I.e. you don’t get stuck for years) Leadership is approachable & receptive to feedback

Cons

Lots of employees who were around pre-acquisition complain about systems. There’s some annoyances but they’re not any worse (and are often better still) than other places I’ve worked

Advice to Management

Stop doing the anonymous Q&A in a public forum. Make it private. Best of intentions, but you’re basically asking to be “twitter trolled” Stop telling people the culture is getting better. It’s great, let it speak for itself. The vast majority of Appirians weren’t even around for the old, pre-acquisition culture.

Appirio2019-11-07
  5. "Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good ...mange by employees and hard work

Cons

Improve the management and iter also know

Appirio2019-11-15
  6. "Great work culture, great people around!"

I have been working at Appirio full-time

Pros

Start up culture of Appirio and multi decade experience from Wipro creates an unique work environment and ocean of opportunities

Cons

The merger of Wipro and Appirio is taking lil bit longer than expected, stabilising now though.

Appirio2019-10-05
  7. "Nice company"

Current Employee - Cloud Architect in Stockholm, Stockholm

I have been working at Appirio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible. Most work is done remote. Well paid.

Cons

Lots of overhead work time for remote meetings.

Appirio2019-09-27
  8. "SI that’s expanding because of Wipro acquisition"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in New York, NY

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ability to work on projects in something other than Sales or Service cloud implementation. FSC, HC, Coveo, CPQ, Vlocity are all part of a robust pipeline. Major emphasis on Mulesoft. Pays better than other SI partners of SFDC and even the mothership.

Cons

Wipro is a beast. Has to be able to work all over the world. It’s getting better.

Advice to Management

More attention to regrettable attrition. Move along the people who deserve promos faster. New ideas needed on how to run the biz.

Appirio2019-09-21
  9. "Great place"

Former Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good mgmt team, plent of opportunity

Cons

Fast-paced and lots of change

Advice to Management

keep going

Appirio2019-09-19

"Wipro Impact on Appirio"

Former Employee - Consulting Management

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Appirio has a great work-from-home philosophy that has been incredibly successful. Collaboration and teamwork is still placed as a high priority and the culture of everyone being on video (regardless of day/time/what we're wearing!) has made a huge impact in making everyone feel like an integral part of the company without having to physically be in the same location.

Cons

The impact of the Wipro acquisition has significantly changed the culture at Appirio and the approach to delivery has been impacted as well. The migration to Wipro systems and processes has made what used to be a nimble, agile, well-oiled operation become complicated and very frustrating. Attrition has been very high and most of the culture warriors at Appirio have left. Delivery has also suffered from all the... attrition. Senior leaders who have left have been replaced by Wipro, which doesn't have the same culture of respect and collaboration. It has been a slow erosion over several years and I suspect will only get worse. If you are in a role where you never interact with Wipro, then you will be fine at Appirio. If you are in a role that you do interact it can be very challenging . If diversity and inclusion are important to you, then take a look at the Executive and Senior Leadership teams at Appirio and Wipro. It is enormously discouraging and VERY representative of the lack of focus and value placed on diversity and inclusion.

Advice to Management

I don't know that management at Appirio has much control over what is happening to Appirio anymore. Unless Wipro starts to value and respect the talent that remains at Appirio, attrition will continue. But most suspect that was the intention all along.

Appirio2019-09-29