What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "some great people on the crew" (in 28 reviews)
- "Nice working environment, culture and people." (in 8 reviews)
- "Great team and environment." (in 5 reviews)
- "great environment and friendly atmosphere." (in 4 reviews)
- "great time, great projects, super friendly colleagues, proprietary tools, reliable pipeline and Sydney it's just amazing!!!" (in 4 reviews)
- "salary is a little low" (in 4 reviews)
- "Strange software setup for the pipeline, a degree of inaccessibility and disconnectedness with management, reasonably long hours, a lack of encouraging free thinking and creativity at times, easy to get 'boxed in' with one talent even if you have many." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Animal Logic and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
Found 92 of over 147 reviews
Updated Aug 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Jun 21, 2023Junior CFX ArtistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearVancouver, BC
- social environment - in office activities - respectful management and supevision - support of growth and development no matter if you are a junior or a senior
- at the time there wasn't so much to do sometimes but im sure 2024 is going to be a busy year
- 3.0May 16, 2023Pipeline Technical DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsVancouver, BC
The company fosters an excellent culture where you genuinely feel valued and included as a vital part of the team. There are ample opportunities for personal and professional growth within the organization. Every Wednesday, the company provides a complimentary lunch (albeit smaller and smaller portions), and the front office staff consistently strives to incorporate enjoyable activities and surprises each week, adding to the overall positive atmosphere. The Supervising TDs are exceptional in their approachability and willingness to address any inquiries you may have. They genuinely care about your well-being and are committed to advocating for you when necessary.
The 840 building has a remarkably dim atmosphere, reminiscent of a dungeon. AL aspires to be a top-tier studio comparable to prominent VFX and animation studios in Vancouver. However, it falls significantly short in terms of salary and benefits. Even after being informed about the substantial gap, AL fails to adequately compensate its employees. The Production Technology department experiences consistent staff turnover. Rather than addressing potential issues and working towards improvement, the current talent management team portrays departing employees as not fitting into the company culture, ignoring concerns related to employee retention and inadequate compensation and benefits. AL's onboarding process is severely lacking and disorganized, much like the overall state of the company. New employees are often thrust into challenging situations without sufficient support, although there is some understanding regarding the difficulties of learning AL's proprietary technology.1
Animal Logic Reviews FAQs
Animal Logic has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 147 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Animal Logic to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
85% of Animal Logic employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Animal Logic 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.