American Tower Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

American Tower Reviews

Updated 12 Nov 2019

3.3
American Tower CEO Jim Taiclet Jr.
Jim Taiclet Jr.
Pros
  • "Along with the quality work, there is a good work life balance(in 31 reviews)

• "Very good benefits plan including options not often covered by employers(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  1. "I worked at American Tower full-time for 3 years"

Former Employee - Executive

I worked at American Tower full-time

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

Nothing negative to report for this company

American Tower2019-09-02

"cluster engineer"

Former Employee - Cluster Engineer in Lucknow

I worked at American Tower full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good environment and helpfull in knowledge

Cons

don't follow own commitment and do false commitment

Advice to Management

give right commitment

American Tower2019-11-07
  3. "A great company that takes care of her employees. The organisation carries everybody along."

Former Employee - Service Delivery Supervisor in Lagos

I worked at American Tower full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good use of technology to achieve results

Cons

The negatives. Company is always improving

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

American Tower2019-10-30
  4. "Solid Performance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at American Tower full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Job security, stock options, growth opportunities

Cons

Health benefits and HR needs to be revamped

Advice to Management

keep HR humane

American Tower2019-10-29

"ATC IT SSC Sec 44 - A Nice experience one must have"

I have been working at American Tower full-time

Pros

At the time of joining I had multiple offers and was in two minds whether to join ATC or not. Now after spending almost 6 months in this organization, I realized that refusing offer from ATC would have been a big mistake of my life. Here are some of the Pros : 1. My colleagues helped me in proper handover. Though documentation is not exhaustive but hand holding was amazing and I did not feel any stress et al to ... start delivering my work. 2. In my earlier organization (Before ATC IT SSC) I was working on the US project and almost 3-4 Days in a week I had to slog in the Nights for calls. Work Life balance is good and slogging is rare phenomenon. US colleagues are very accommodating to consider the time difference 3. I never worked on Weekends in last 6 months and leaves are plenty in numbers 4. Best thing is quality of work and hands on experience on niche technologies 5. Most of the work is done along with onsite colleagues and managers give free hand to the team. Senior Management is very friendly 6. International exposure is wonderful and even junior people get a chance to work with International colleagues. 7. I came from one of the Top 3 IT companies in India. But never find free biscuits/Chips/snacks on floor. It is always paid. But Here to my PLEASANT SURPRISE 2-3 types of biscuits / chips/peanuts…Buttermilk/Soups is all FREE…. 😊 and there are Evening SNACKS TOO …ALL Free 8. Office is nearby Metro Station….so commute is not a hassle 9. Company has Tie Up with OLA Corporate in case any rare case of late stay ..company provides free cab service

Cons

1. No Office provided cabs for daily commute 2. No McDonald/Pizzahut/Food Joints in the office…However my team order from Swiggy and Zomato which delivers promptly here 3. No long Term Onsite opportunities though there are short term travels..based on project needs 😊 4. No ATM in Office Premises…closest one is 3 minutes walking.

Advice to Management

Please get the Recreational Room/Gym facilities for employees

American Tower2019-10-18

"Wonderful Company to Work For - ATC IT SSC"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at American Tower full-time for more than a year

Pros

Joining IT Shared Services Center is the best thing happened in my entire career. 1. Along with the quality work, there is a good work life balance. 2. Does not matter at which level one is in the company, excellent international exposure and client handling is guaranteed. That takes you way ahead in your career. 3. Learning is immense as there is good focus on training's. 4. Managers are good. 5. Staff... knows that higher management is always there to support them in the time of need.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

American Tower2019-09-17

"Worst company to work for oracle apps ppl"

Former Employee - Senior Member of the Technical Staff in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at American Tower full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing good for exp ppl only sutied when u r fresher or when u don't have any job.

Cons

Waste of time to write cons as it long list and never ending...Just stay away from company if u have any opportunity outside choose that but don't waste your time for this organization.

Advice to Management

Be true don't be fake... u can't hide ur cons for long now many person know what u do with employees.

American Tower2019-11-12

"its an nice company"

I have been working at American Tower full-time

Pros

working in ATC india from last four year

Cons

nice working environment,good salary package

American Tower2019-10-02

"ATC IT Shared Services Center - Promise of Stability and Growth"

Current Employee - Smts in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at American Tower full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working with ATC India IT Shared Services Centre, as Senior Member Technical Staff, for around 2 years. I am proud of being a part of this Fortune 500 company and I want to share my experience working with the organization, for others to read and reflect upon it. Pros: 1. You get immediate exposure to working with Global colleagues. Its a great learning experience and surely works well for your... CV, If you have worked with clients or colleagues in multiple geographies. It makes you aware of their culture, helps you build your communication and makes you confident working successfully in a remote delivery model 2. If you love independence in your work, if you love space and opportunity in work you will like this place. I love it, since I have the freedom to suggest improvements and drive them on my own. I get full support. If you are used to working in an instruction led and rigid environment, you will call this place not having the best processes. 3. The technology stack is wide and employees are encouraged to cross-skill and work on multiple technology platforms. If you have a learnt new technology, you dont have to struggle or wait to get into a new project. You can try your hands on a small project or task in the new technology area while continuing with your primary deliveries. Its pretty difficult to get such ample and easy learning opportunities in other organizations and the leadership continuously encourages people to learn more, acquire new skills and stay hands on. There is no fear of being on bench, there is no blood shed over delivery, delivery process is matured, technology is up-to-date - I don't think I could ask for more. And yes, I would love to learn about one more organization where a Salesforce resource gets opportunity to learn mulesfot. A Manual Tester gets opportunity to work as a Product Business Analyst. And this happens here without any fuss. I haven't seen another place ( may be I haven't switched enough:)) where people get trained on a new technology within a month of their joining and seamlessly deployed into new projects. Yes, it needs people with self drive as well. I have seen many examples, where people have joined this organization with ZERO experience and walked out as veterans in just 2 years. There must be something the organization has to offer !! But if you are the lazy children of god, aspiring a 5-star training center in Mysore or Trivandrum to pamper you into training, this may not be the place for you. 4. Prior to joining ATC India SSC, I was working with a MNC where work from home was the norm and I was quite used to it. Here we dont have Work From Home policy. I was initially skeptical. I was like how would I survive without work from home ? Would I be able to manage my home along with work ?? Trust me, I never faced any challenge in last 18 months I have worked here. If I had a delivery to do and an urgent work at home, organization always supported me. Timings are flexible. Managers are understanding. Onsite colleagues are friendly. There are enough leaves ( and I mean it :)) in your balance. Here neither people nor policies are rigid, like most other places I have worked before. So life is easy and comfortable at ATC India SSC. 5. I had always worked for large IT organizations that used to be hierarchical. ATC India SSC has 150+ employees and structure is pretty flat. Most objective appraisal cycle. No bias. No discrimination. And I think organization is a way too generous while doling out bonus to employees. If you are an average performer, your 100% bonus is still assured. If you are a good performer you have potential to earn higher bonus. I would love to learn of another organization that is as generous if not more!! And In the end, I dont want to stress too much on the free snacks, munches that we enjoy, proximity to metro station, celebrations and festivities that we have in our lives here. We are actually going to get more in coming days !

Cons

1. ATC India SSC Doesn’t advertise like other captive centers or IT organizations. So many people are not aware of this company. One of the reasons, why I thought of sharing my experience here, while I am still working here. 2. Cafeteria : The center needs better food options in the cafeteria. struggle and search is on ! Thankfully if you walk out of the building and food options are in abundance. So this has... not bothered me much. 3. We do not have 2000 people in the office. So many of us do not get the opportunity to do nothing and get comfortably lost in the crowd...each one us is being taken care of, being thought of, being talked to. So if I am the one who loves coming to office and walking out without anyone noticing my presence, If I hate attention, I am not going to like this place.

Advice to Management

You have built a great work place! I am grateful that I have been hired by ATC. Continue the good work and build great careers

American Tower2019-09-19

"Good place to work - salaries are not competitive for attorney with more than two years experience"

Current Employee - Attorney

I have been working at American Tower full-time

Pros

Great Co-Workers, Benefits, Summer Fridays, Work from Home,

Cons

Salaries are well below market if have two or more years experience.

Advice to Management

To prevent further turnover, need to re-evaluate compensation for attorneys with more than two years experience.

American Tower2019-10-06