Affirm Reviews

Updated May 13, 2021

4.2
Affirm CEO Max Levchin
Max Levchin
Pros
  • "Good opportunities to have impact and work with smart people(in 14 reviews)

• "Great benefits, high hourly rate (non exempt), ability to contribute beyond just your role(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Typical growing pains for any bay area company - tech debt, trying to find an organizational structure that works, lack of ownership, etc(in 15 reviews)

• "The workload can be very heavy which can make it difficult to find a work life balance(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Seriously amazing place to work!

Mar 9, 2021 - Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work is challenging and engaging. A lot of immediate support and opportunities. Can’t believe how great the benefits are! I didn’t know it was possible to be treated so well. The DEI is top notch and the company actually wants you to invest in your own financial wellness.

Cons

Definitely a few bumps being remote only in most roles, but the company is really trying hard to keep everyone connected.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Apr 23, 2021 - Client Success Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

High growth startup working with major retailers. Great benefits and oerks.

Cons

High pressure and can be stressful.

3. 2.0

terrible management

May 10, 2021 - Resolution Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

co-workers are amazing and they help each other

Cons

manager. the management of the company will give you task from other departments to you do and will not provide you compensation. people keep the same job title and salary, but get work from other departments and work that the payment should be increase

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing place to work, people oriented and also customer oriented company

Mar 21, 2021 - Business Resolution Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Culture, entrepreneurial spirit and, diversity and inclusion.

Cons

The solutions and system might be a working process.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Cool work, awesome people

Dec 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- High-impact projects - Lots of smart people around - Fun to hang-out with people outside of work

Cons

- Changes happening often - Not much else tbh

2 people found this review helpful

Affirm Response

VP, Talent

We're extremely proud of the people we've brought on to the Affirm team and are happy to hear you that felt surrounded by great colleagues! Best of luck in your next endeavor.

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Culture Deterioration and Innovation Stagnation

Apr 15, 2021 - Senior Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong talent pool, good benefits, you're in Max Levchin's sphere which is probably beneficial to your network, definitely a space with a large addressable, albeit highly competitive market.

Cons

This place cannot find an organizational equilibrium, typical of high growth startups, but juxtaposed with a rapidly deteriorating culture that overweights favoritism, nepotism, and lacks accountability is a recipe for flat-lining quickly. Way too many people managers + layers in an organization of only 1200. The least flat "growth company" org structure I've ever seen - Stripe is 3x the size and 6x the market cap and has less than half the mgmt layers. Upside is capped for mid-senior level hires. Lots of "large company executive" hires recently that are set in their ways and lack the imagination to effect constant change and improvement.

9 people found this review helpful

Affirm Response

VP of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. One of Affirm's values is "no fine print," which means we believe in being completely honest and transparent with both our customers and each other. Fostering a culture where everyone is treated with respect is extremely important to Affirm, and we are committed to non discrimination in hiring and being an equal opportunity employer. As we continue to grow into new markets and our teams get larger, it's of paramount importance that we maintain the same level of transparency- and we’re disappointed to hear that this hasn’t been your experience. If you are comfortable, please reach out to your PBP, the Ethics team, or our reporting hotline through www.AffirmEthics.com (which can be done anonymously) to further discuss your concerns.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for!

May 13, 2021 - Risk Operations Specialist in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open and inclusive work environment

Cons

Senior Management can be aggressive

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for, amazing benefits, great culture

May 7, 2021 - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, great people, awesome benefits, remote work

Cons

No formal tuition reimbursement although you can use one of your wallets (250/month) towards it.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Mission-driven company changing the world of consumer credit

Mar 26, 2021 - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Authentic, humble CEO with a clear vision for how the company can bring honest, transparent finance to the world. Great, talented group of people with a strong belief in Affirm's mission. Track record of building great products that align the company's interests with those of its customers and partners.

Cons

Financial products are complicated and take a village to bring to the world. It means many different teams have to work together effectively to make things happen. At times it can feel cumbersome and difficult to get things done.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Values and people-driven company on a fast trajectory

Oct 7, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Opportunities to have impact in my role and autonomy to take on projects that are outside the scope of my day to day. I feel empowered to show up and contribute towards projects that make work fulfilling to me. - Lots of transparency and honesty from the business, especially during the COVID 19 pandemic . Constantly informed of business priorities, changes to the product strategy and felt our executives genuinely cared about putting people first. - Collaborative, smart and supportive teammates. Strong culture of learning/mentorship and emphasis on building a diverse and inclusive team environment. While no company has a perfect D&I strategy, I do see Affirm committing to this across various levels of the org. - Amazing benefits, unlimited PTO, and remote-first company.

Cons

- Really fast paced right now and easy to burn out since everyone and everything is moving so fast. We're encouraged to take time off if we need it but lots of teams are feeling the pressure to execute on urgent deliverables. - Reorgs/restructuring and org changes happen more now that we continue to scale and it can feel a bit chaotic with the growing pains. - Not all teams have the same level of leadership involvement/support. Investing in leadership training as we continue to promote internally and set up new managers for success.

2 people found this review helpful