Qa engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Qa engineer Interview Questions

qa engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have 9 marbles which are all the same weight, except for one which is slightly heavier than the others. You also have an old?style balance, which allows you to weigh two piles of marbles to see which one is heavier (or if they are of equal weight). What is the fewest number of weighings that you can make which will tell you which marble is the heavier one ?

4 Answers

The fewest number of weightings is 2. Divide 9 marbles in 3 groups of 3. Weight #1A: 3 in each side. If balance, Weigtht #2A:1 in each side. If balance then the non-weighting is the one, otherwise the heavy side is the one. Weight #1B: 3 in each side. If not balance, then the heavy one has a defect one Weight #2B: Same as in #2A

I disagree on the above, you can divide 9 marbles into three groups of: 4, 4 and 1. Then, weigh 4 and 4 together. If the balance is "balanced", it means the one left aside is the heaviest marble. So, you could accomplish the task in just one weighing, but the chances of that are pretty low. However, that is what the question asks, in my opinion.

As little as one, up to three. 4 and 4 on each side. If it is balanced, you found the heaviest one. If unbalanced, take the heavier group and divide it into 2 and 2, then 1 and 1.

Why are you wasting my time?

2 Answers

Asking me to wait for time and again for actual interview call with the CEO

Can you guess who I am?

2 Answers

The interview process was really structured as it was segmented in 4 major areas. They started with questions related to my past experience, projects that I worked on, roles and responsibilities, etc. After this, their questions revolved around manual testing concepts, techniques, types of testing, test strategy, test plan, etc. Next in line were questions related to Automation testing such as Frameworks, Structure of a framework, Challenges in building a framework, etc. Last part of the interview was 'White-boarding' where I was given the problem statement and was asked to provide solution using Java programming. I could easily comprehend these scenarios and was able to write meaningful code because QA manager was very clear and detail-oriented in his explanation of the situation.

1 Answer

Manual test scenario, Coding project and uploaded to git hub

1 Answer

Do you have any questions for us?

1 Answer

How do your know your test cases are traceable?

1 Answer

Why you want to be a QA engineer?

Salary expectation.