a la mode Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

a la mode Interview Questions

Interviews at a la mode

2.3

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Initial phone screen with a manager,It was all about resume ,behavioral questions, basic technical knowledge but nothing specific, what is js framework have you used for web app development ,oops concepts.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at a la mode.

Interview

Very long process (about three hours). Questions were about 2/3 technical and logical, and 1/3 behavioral. There is a written test with logic and SQL puzzles, and a white board component. SQL questions will require an understanding of inner, left-outer joins, basic aggregation (e.g., sum), and sub-queries.

Interview Questions

• Create two methods that return the next number in a Fibonacci sequence given a position. One must use recursion, the other must not.   1 Answer
    • Given a drawer with 50 white socks, and 50 black socks, how many socks would you have to draw at random to end up with at least one of each color.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at a la mode (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Great conversation where she was open to everything about the company. Explained how the atmosphere works and was upfront on what exactly I would be doing. Was upfront about pay.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at a la mode (Oklahoma City, OK (US)).

Interview

I sent my resume and was provided a link via email to do a video interview. I recorded and submitted my video interview and then was emailed to come in for an in-person interview. During the in person interview they had a laptop off to the side of the table and said I could "research" any technical questions for which I did not know the answer. They said I would be interviewing with 2 people and a third came into the interview halfway through and started asking questions as well.

I was asked about IP addresses and MSConfig and what I liked about technical support. I role-played a troubleshooting call with someone as well. I was given a word problem/brain teaser verbally that does not make sense unless it is written (when asked as a question it makes no sense). I knew I was wrong when they asked how I got my answer (but it was phrased as a question and not a statement.. but also I'm a dummy.) I was asked about my past work for my last employer and about difficult customers and my worst experience.
    I was never asked to self-evaluate or declare my strengths or weaknesses like a regular interview, was asked about my hobbies. I got an office tour. Lots of security and had to wear a visitor badge.

The third person who came into my interview said he could tell I was very nervous and asked what he could do to make me less nervous. That just made me more nervous. I really needed the job (and really wanted to work for this company) and they could tell, so obviously I blew it.

They said I would hear back within a week. Pretty sure this was a failure.

Interview Questions

• David has five kids. The names of the first four kids are April, May, June, and August. What is the name of the fifth kid?   1 Answer
    • What is the purpose of an IP address?   1 Answer
    • What can I do with MSConfig?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at a la mode (Naples, FL (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with a manager, then I videoconferenced with one of their engineers via Google Hangouts. We talked about my experience and why I was looking for a new job, and then he asked me some technical questions, but nothing overly specific. There were no algorithm questions, whiteboarding, or coding exercises.

Interview Questions

• What JS frameworks have you used for web app development?   Answer Question

Marketing & Advertising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at a la mode (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Received email the day I turned in my application to set up an interview time. They were very flexible with time options. The interview was fairly relaxed and probably only 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you disagreed with a supervisor; how you handled it and the outcome.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at a la mode in April 2016.

Interview

Just spoke with VP of Development over Skype - very informal and brief - 1/2 hour and went very well. Said he could contact me again for another interview. Never did. I emailed twice and over Skype. Never heard from him. No big thing I wasn't contacted again and obviously didn't like me for one reason or another but knowing he received my Skype and emails (I would think) I know now that is a extension of the company itself. I wouldn't want to be treated this way and if an offer would have been extended, this I suppose, is how they treat they employees.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at a la mode in March 2016.

Interview

The interview seemed more like a screening than an interview. I was asked superficial questions about my current job and experience/skills. I expected technical questions or requests for examples of my work, but was not asked either. Maybe the interview would have been more in-depth if the interviewer had had more interest in me as a candidate; I don't know.

I did appreciate the interviewer's willingness to address my concerns about negative reviews from previous employees.

Interview Questions

• What programming languages do you know? What do you think of them?   Answer Question

Software Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at a la mode (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

First, I went through an online screening that consisted of answering a few questions over a webcam. The question would display, then I would have to answer it. A week or so later I got a call for an in-person interview with a customer service manager.

When I arrived, I was given some technical screen questions on paper that I was supposed to answer. It was pretty lengthy, around 3-5 pages if I remember correctly. It was super out-dated, and consisted of questions that related to Windows XP which isn't even supported by Microsoft anymore. In all honesty, filling that out took longer than the actual interview itself, which I then thought it started to seem more like a screening than a real interview. The person interviewing me wasn't all that friendly, as he didn't particularly seem too interested in me being there after it took so long to complete their technical paperwork. I wasn't informed I was going to be given this technical paperwork, neither. It was almost as if I was invited there for numbers purposes, perhaps the person interviewing me didn't have much else to do that day and needed something to do.

I was invited in a small conference room, and the interviewer invited in one of his colleagues. Both of them had a few questions for me, but nothing too out of the ordinary. Some were technical, some weren't. I answered most of the questions on the technical paperwork correctly, but some I didn't know off the top of my head and could have easily looked them up if they let me use my phone so I guessed (in real-time, you'd have a computer in front of you anyway, so why does it matter?) When the interview was practically over, the interviewer told me that they will continue to support operating systems that their customers use, even if the operating system is no longer supported by who made it. This lead me to believe that they had no idea what they're doing, and apparently can't migrate their customers off of out-dated operating systems. The interviewer made it sound like if their customers still used Windows 95, that they would support it regardless. This is when I knew for sure that they were out-dated and were still using/working on stuff made in the stone age. This also told me they have no control of their customers if they can't force them to get off old operating systems. Why support something that is no longer supported by the manufacturer? Are you really telling me that you're going to continue to release updates for a system that not even the manufacturer releases updates for? This is basic QA 101. After a couple of weeks, I received an e-mail saying I didn't get the job and needless to say I'm glad. I landed a better gig right down the road with another tech company that pays more and is up to speed with technology.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at a la mode (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Simple, after applying your sent a video interview request that can be done on any front facing mobile camera or web cam. The interview is down to earth and bloat free.

Interview Questions

• If you come in and move to a salary position, we offer unlimited vacation and four day work weeks. Is that something that interests you?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.