Zignal Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Zignal Labs Interview Questions

2.4

Customer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zignal Labs (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February-2017.

Interview

Submitted resume through Glassdoor, had a phone screen with the recruiter and the head of Customer Success. After the two calls, I was asked in for a F2F interview with 6 different folks. Very Enjoyable conversations.

Interview Questions

• Why was I looking for a Individual Contributor role, baed on the amount of experience that I had?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zignal Labs.

Interview

Phone Interview with Recruiter, 1 week later brought on site. During on site met with Sales Manager, and 2 SDRs. The process was extremely easy and smooth. Jonathon the recruiter is extremely seasoned and knows how to treat candidates!

Interview Questions

• Why Sales?
      Why Zignal Labs?
      If we were at a trade show right now how would you pitch me Zignal Labs?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zignal Labs (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November-2016.

Interview

There is a phone screen with a HR recruiter; for me this was a 30 minute phone call. I was invited at the end of the call to schedule a time for an onsite interview to meet with the hiring manager, and some of the team members. The onsite interview was with four individuals lasting about two hours (30 min each). I was first given a tour, led by the HR recruiter from the phone screen. I then met for about an hour with two senior level SDR's, followed by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Your prior work experience is not very relatable; how will you find success in this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice is to know what your options are. You are here to be the best you can be for the company, and yourself. If your skill set is something you think you can leverage then it does not hurt to try. Speak honestly with your HR recruiter, I did, and they worked with me to ensure everyone was happy.

Senior QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zignal Labs (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March-2016.

Interview

Entire Interview Process Was Around 2-3 Weeks. Interviewed in March 2016.
    - Recruiter call, Technical Code/Screening, On-Site Interview

- Interview needs to be more organized with confirmed interviewing panel. On on-site interview day, first surprise, I was called an hour ago before scheduled time to come early and meet with one more engineering folk. I was flexible and showed up roughly 30 min ago to respect recruiter's request.
    - 2nd Surprise, After formal offer was out and negotiation was ON, I was told to do one more phone screen for an hour with manager who recently joined company.
    - Interviewed for Senior QA Automation Title but offer was sent out for QA Role which later got fixed after raising my concern - felt like title doesn't matter
    - Salary Is not at all competitive

About Company:
    ---------------------

Pros:
    -------
    - Nice and Friendly Engineering Team
    - Exciting Product
    - Great Benefits (As Per Offer Details)
    - Fully Stocked Kitchen
    - Nice View Of SF From Top Floor
    - Guaranteed Growth Opportunity
    - Awesome Recruiter Who Tried Best To Work Things Out (Thanks)

Cons:
    -------
    - No More Competitive Compensation Specially In Engineering Department
    - No Joining Bonus
    - No 401K Match
    - Recruiting Process Needs To Be More Organized and Smoother
    - Refused offer due to low compensation however, love to re-consider for future opportunity as Guaranteed High Growth

Interview Questions

• - Data Structure
      - Java Programming
      - QA Automation Strategy   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zignal Labs in March-2016.

Interview

Terrible experience.

Several months ago, a consultant recruiter reached out to me to set up an interview. They were dodgy and hard to pin down for a time, and I followed up several times, although they stopped responding completely. Poor initial impression of the company.

This person reached out again and asked for an interview to which I said yes because I still thought the company had interesting technology and I did a project dealing with a similar pain point. Closed recruiter on call and they wanted to schedule an in office the following week and had a secretary email me to schedule.

The break down of which looked like this (skip if you don't want the details):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Assistant emailed me several hours after our call saying I would be confirmed for an appointment on Monday, although I understood this to be a misunderstanding because in our call I mentioned I had an appointment in SF during that time.

2) I emailed right back saying that time would not work, and suggested another time that did work.

3) Assistant emailed a while later and stated that did not work, and suggested another time (in which I had an appointment).

4) I immediately responded, asking for an alternative time, starting 12-1.

5) Assistant misunderstood and responded that she would schedule me for 11-1.

6) I responded and clarified.

7) No response for the rest of the work day, I followed up the next business day.

8) I had to get on the road for a several hour drive and was not back home until nightfall. I did not have access to computers or Google calendars.

9) Next morning saw assistants response to my follow up explaining why she put me down for 11-1. Offered 2:30 starting time.

10) Just before this email, there was one saying "based on our interaction with you since our call, we will not be moving forward with your candidacy. We value your interest in Zignal Labs, however we value our culture even more and at this point, we are not convinced you would be a good cultural fit."

Did not even know what that meant exactly. If I got patronizing rejection email on not being a good cultural fit due to not being able to immediately schedule the times they offered me/respond quickly enough, does that make them hypocrites as their response turn around time is in the months? I don't know.

When it comes to interviews and scheduling, it is a two-way street. You have to be able to work with one another and take into consideration their circumstances and prior appointments, as I was taking care to do with them. To me this is a no-brainer.

This is why, if the response to something little like this is to belittle and blow someone off, I would not like to be around when real challenges arise. So they are correct - I am not a good cultural fit as I value mutual respect. Perhaps it was their true colors, hope they can turn it around and become a great company. I imagine it is hard to work in that environment.

Interview Questions

• We did a phone screen with basic questions, but didn't ask why I was interested in Zignal or it's value proposition. Mostly my resume experience and why sales.   Answer Question

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zignal Labs (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February-2016.

Interview

Really unorganized / chaotic.
    I applied for a Dev Ops position. Then I somehow got talked into changing my application to a Senior Test Engineer position. Then that position got downgraded to Test Engineer for some unknown reason. They were real cagey about it. They claimed it was still a senior-level position, and the title doesn't matter, but the salary range was only 90 to 110 K.

Interview Questions

• One guy who was supposedly a senior software engineer asked me: What is the meaning of the keyword “this”? Keep in mind, I earned a master's degree from a top-tier university (which I think they didn't even know the meaning of), and I have over 15 years experience, and they actually asked me that question. Unbelievable.   1 Answer
    • Usually people with strong academic backgrounds appreciate other people with strong academic backgrounds. Unfortunately, no one in the group had a strong academic background. This meant they couldn't really assess my skills. And all they had to make their decision on was the technical interview, which was kind of a joke. The questions were not even junior-level engineering. They were more like under-grad freshman level (i.e. Write the code to reverse a string). This led to the ridiculous situation in which I was applying for a job that was a couple levels below me, and they were mistakenly judging me like I was unqualified for even that. In retrospect, I guess it's a good thing I didn't get hired there. But it was a huge waste of time. And the HR person kept leading me on, while they interviewed other candidates.   1 Answer

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zignal Labs (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

-Initial Call, Follow-up Call with Team Lead, then In-person Interview.
    -Great to meet with team in office, helped make my decision!
    -Good to meet people from different teams to get an idea of what they're about.

Interview Questions

• Background Questions, Why Zignal, What can I bring to the team   Answer Question

Sales Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zignal Labs (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The process moved very quickly and an offer was made -- that was the plus side.

The downside of this is that I was talking to several other companies that moved much more slowly. I felt pressured to make a decision by Zignal.

When it was time to make a decision, I still had valid questions. When I raised them, the offer was rescinded. The end of the process felt unprofessional. Perhaps I was seeing Zignal's true colors.

Oh, and they are still hiring for the role ... further indicating that I experienced sheer bullying.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zignal Labs (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone screen and then an in-house interview. Through the phone screen, I got the sense that the company is very disorganized, but I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and show up for the interview. Unfortunately, my hunch was confirmed when I showed up for the interview ON TIME (this is according to the time sent to me from the recruiting coordinator) and no one was ready to interview me. Seems the team was still at lunch at the time that I was told to show up and I was "early." They asked me to go get lunch on my own and kill about a half hour's time...

Also, I was supposed to interview with 4 people (5 if you include the recruiter) and instead I only met 3 people, the recruiter and 2 of the engineers that this person was going to work with. The first person didn't seem to know what question the person was trying to ask. I don't think this person really thought out the question she was going to ask the candidate, frankly. The second person was okay... he gave me the coding quiz and I aced it no problem, but he looked very stressed coming into the interview. I then was waiting for the 3rd and 4th person and instead the recruiter came in and said that the hiring manager is sick and the VP was busy fighting fires and wanted to postpone my interview to a later date. I know the kiss of death when I see it... Wasn't surprised to get the "Not Selected" on the Jobvite.

I should have listened to my gut and decline the invite to come in for the in-house. Would have saved me a lots of stress and grief...

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zignal Labs (Norfolk, VA (US)) in March-2015.

Interview

Phone interview that from there will proceed to a few more interviews depending on your position over the phone. From there they are likely to place you on a call with one of the upper management to better vet you accordingly. Then they will bring you in for a panel of interviews from a myriad of different employees from the department you are applying for.