Zignal Labs Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 29 October, 2018

3.7
Josh Ginsberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Incredible Team of People to Work With"

I have been working at Zignal Labs full-time

Pros

Hands down the best thing about working at Zignal is the people. I've had the opportunity to work with some incredibly smart and talented people while at Zignal. Just important though, is that it is a group of people that is generally a pleasure to work with. If you're going to spend most of your waking hours in a full-time job, it helps to work alongside people who you actually want to spend time with. There are definitely other perks too, but the team itself is my favorite.

Cons

As a growing company, there are definitely growing pains along the way. Communication across departments and leadership can be a challenge at times, but there has been some improvement and hopefully more to come in the future.

Advice to Management

Focus on unifying the team and communications, and invest more and more into your greatest resource (the people).

2. "qa engineer"

I have been working at Zignal Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very good product, lot to learn

Cons

no cons if you enjoy challenging environment

3. "Great Place To Be"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Zignal Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Zignal Labs has been exciting and rewarding. Great cross-team collaboration, working to develop cutting edge products in an exciting space. The huge amount of data we ingest, enrich, and provide to our customers is incredibly impressive.

Cons

No real cons now that we are in our (awesome) new office space.

"Great Company; Exciting Work"

I have been working at Zignal Labs full-time

Pros

Being surrounded by some super inspiring, hard-working employees makes coming to work awesome. Great pay and super solid benefits. Getting to be a part of a growing company that's doing innovative work in the space.

Cons

Given it's a rapidly growing late-stage start-up, there are growing pains and things change quickly. You need to be flexible in your day-to-day to be able to stay on top. On a similar note, given the start-up nature, growth within the organization isn't linear. Some departments are more territorial than others.

5. "Great progressive company to work at"

I have been working at Zignal Labs full-time

Pros

Smart people, Latest Technology, Good life balance, Diversity, Solving real world hard problems in a scalable way, Nice offices and work space, Autonomy to do what it takes, Team work

Cons

Growth mode so if you dont like a fast moving environment it might not be for you

"ADR"

I worked at Zignal Labs full-time

Pros

Freedom to succeed however you would like

Cons

Disorganized management. You're on your own here

"Hypocrites"

I have been working at Zignal Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Snacks and discounted food and some nice people

Cons

They force employees to write Glassdoor reviews so don’t believe any of it. Claim to have unlimited vacation but complain when you are taking one.

"Poor organization and direction. Horrible executive staff. Avoid this place!!"

I worked at Zignal Labs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A few very smart and interesting people work here.

Cons

Due to poor leadership there is lots of infighting between departments because the Account Executives can't get along with product and product is swamped with their own work to even care.

The quality of the Account Executives is not Enterprise level at all and they refuse to take constructive feedback, it is always a CSM's fault, or an ADR's fault, or an Engineer's fault. None of the executives take accountability for the "bad behavior" of team members and the poor company culture.

The CEOs are so lost, they are supposed to support the company growth with their "connections" and frankly they have not assisted in closing many deals with their network. Why endlessly brag about a network that you can't use??

Advice to Management

Get rid of your leaders on your executive team, they are a major determinant to your growth. They have no clue what they are doing and aren't taking the time out to breathe and figure it out. The execs have horrible rapport with the women in the office as they cherry pick the women they want to address and get feedback from, in turn disregarding what others may bring to the company.

9. "Great for people seeking autonomy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Zignal Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Autonomy, can take risks, run with strategies for your program

Cons

-Constant change/flux, sometimes lacking exec direction

Advice to Management

-Communicate the company's vision, goals and expectations more often

10. "Positive at first, figure out your own way down the road."

I worked at Zignal Labs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The first few weeks were really positive for me, people were very enthusiastic and for the most part genuinely wanted to get to know you. I think this is very typical for any tech startup. I think they also want to make a solid impact for new talent that joins.

From my perspective, people either enjoy working for this company or don't. It's 50/50. Similar to other reviews, I'd also compare it to a fraternal-like culture. I think the only reason they have stayed afloat is because they were working with an open-ended budget. However, this budget is not translated to employees.

Cons

Most of the talented engineers left around their 1 year anniversary. The founders have little relevant experience to the type of business they envision and are figuring it out with unlimited budget along the way. When issues rise up such as process management and improvement or learning from previous mistakes, leadership does not document or remember any of them which left employees to just give up. This type of software is dying off and enterprise accounts will focus on other solutions.