Vitol S.A. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Vitol S.A. Interview Questions

Interviews at Vitol S.A.

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitol S.A. (Geneva (Switzerland)) in November 2017.

Interview

- Un premier entretien de presentation et de connaissances (telephonique)
    - Un deuxieme entretien en personne avec un panel compose de membres du staff et de leur directeur
    - Enfin, un retour par email

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitol S.A..

Interview

I want to do an HONEST UNBIASED ACTUAL GLASSDOOR review of Vitol, and I hope this helps.

Interviewed through a recruiter, met with HR and Team Manager, followed by a Team Panel and Head of HR.

Questions asked were behavioral questions. Pls see other reviews, they are the same ones.

For Fresh college graduates with 2 to 4 yrs of experience.
    – Go for it! They like em’ cheap (no disrespect intended – honest opinion – I know this because I knew how to do the job in my sleep but was passed over for a fresh graduate for probably 1/3 of the money) and I am not what you would consider a late-life worker at all. It’s all about the money!
    – Be aware, this is not a place to develop a career. They do not have any cross training or step-up programs and don’t plan to implement any in the near future from what I was told (in between the lines). You can confirm this by reading Vitol employee reviews.
    -The job is strenuous and repetitive, focused on massive volume. They just need someone to keep putting the coal in to keep the engine running. You will be graded on how much coal you can shovel, and you better keep up (know someone who worked at Vitol and left).

For EXPERIENCED Professionals with 4 yrs plus of experience.
    – From my experience Vitol leans more on the fresh college grad crowd for the operations support jobs, they just have fancy titles, but the work is mundane and won’t help you step up your career.
    – DO NOT let them lead you on to believe that you have the job. I think they do this to keep the candidates on their toes. IF YOU HAVE OTHER OFFERS, don’t read too much into their feedback no matter how grand it is, and KEEP YOU OPTIONS OPEN. This is very very important especially if you have other offers.
    – There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes and you won't know it unless you know someone who works there or has worked there. There is a lot of politics, arrogance, and comradery among people (experienced this myself during the interview and confirmed later by who got the job, once again, giving an HONEST REVIEW).
    – Experienced professionals, please don’t be fooled by the money or the fancy office, think long-term and think CAREFULLY.

TIME LINE OF GETTING THE JOB? - Max time is a week, usually they will call within 3-4 days and offer you the position. If you are going on 2 weeks - i would mentally disconnect and 3 weeks plus - I would definitly move on. NOT TO WORRY - The job will open up again in 6 months because of high turn over (confirmed because I was approached for the same job 6 months before but did not pursue it at that time)

MAJOR MAJOR HINT
    Operational support positions have a HIGH TURN OVER averaging 6 months to a year. (read employee reviews for confirmation and google away to find more information on this). The winner was a 3yr tenure.
    GOOGLE “SMART” NOT Hard and you will find many answers that you seek. It's all out there and it's public information. Once you find it, you may not have many regrets…
    I am not discouraging anyone, I am just saying, DO YOUR RESEARCH and look before you leap! Good luck!

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitol S.A..

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and spoke with a senior member for a phone interview. He was very friendly older gentleman and asked me mostly behavioral questions. Pretty easy interview that lasted about 30 minutes. I got a offer on the spot which I accepted. Overall a good experience and good work culture.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vitol S.A..

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and the other receptionist with whom I would be working (one at a time). They were very friendly and it seems like a great company culture, it just wasn't really the right position for me. They did take longer to get back with me than they initially told me, however.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vitol S.A. (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

phone interview for about 10 minutes and then a one on one interview with two people. they asked a lot about excel skills and marketing skills the interview was very easy going and quick

Interview Questions

• have you ever had an issue with co-workers and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Insight Week Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitol S.A. (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

After applying via linkedin, I was scheduled a telephone interview. The interviewer was very friendly and the interview was purely competency based. He gave me the opportunity to ask questions at the end.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vitol S.A. (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2018.

Interview

Contacted from a recruiter and had an interview in the Rotterdam office.
    They had been looking for someone for a long time, cause of the specific criteria they had in mind. I had 1,5hrs interview with HR, Office magaer and legal team in London. The conversations were overall quite pleasant, but my junior profile was not what they were after.

Interview Questions

• Questions on LNG MSPA from their legal team   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vitol S.A. (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2018.

Interview

Not much comment overall is quite ok as the manager is quite fierce and very particular, you won’t get know if package until last minute. This is the one of the package

Commercial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitol S.A. (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Exploratory interview organised over email, nothing has yet come from it 2 months later. The interview was long and was general about the expectations at the company and any roles

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vitol S.A. (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied to them as they came down to my school for a career fair. I didn't pass the 1st round with HR. The HR personnel was clearly prejudiced against girls. According to my friends, there were 2 more rounds after the first interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• This is a male dominated industry, why bother apply though you're a girl?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.