University of Reading Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 3 Oct, 2017

2.6

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Reading (Reading, England (UK)) in April-2017.

Interview

Presentation in the morning and panel interview in the afternoon. The 20 minutes presentation is followed by 10 minutes Q&A. There are 5 people on the panel. I was the last one to be interviewed. The panel looks tired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your teaching philosophy? How do you contribute to REF?   Answer Question

Erasmus & Study Abroad Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Reading (Reading, England (UK)) in March-2017.

Interview

The interview was divided on 5 minutes presentation and a panel interview.
    The panel was composed by 3 people. The interview was in a relax environment and they try their best to take the pressure off.
    The negative aspect was that they didn't give enough time to prepare yourself for presentation and interview ( less than 5 days)

Open Day Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Reading (Reading, England (UK)) in September-2016.

Interview

You have to fill out an online form which asks basic questions about you and why you want to be an ambassador as well as how you will sell the university. You then get asked to attend an interview where you work in pairs and groups. There are three different tasks you have to do and they basically monitor how you do in these tasks and the contribution you give.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a bin had fallen over whilst on a campus tour what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Reading (Reading, England (UK)) in September-2016.

Interview

There was not much process. Sent the CV to the person in charge and set a appointment via email. Then went to the interview to talk about how it is work and if I could fit the job in terms of study and life plan. Then I got the job

Interview Questions

• How could you balance the work and study if you get the job?   1 Answer

Student Engagement Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Reading.

Interview

Applied online and was sent interview details about a week beforehand. Interview panel of 3 were fairly welcoming, but I got the impression they had somebody already lined up. They were disinterested in hearing about how I had applied my relevant skills in the past. Asked several questions that were irrelevant to the job or the skills required. Pressed me continually about one particular disposition style question which I obviously didn't answer to their liking. Had to give a 5 minute presentation at the start using no aids. Sent email day after the interview saying they offered the job to somebody else. They also wanted a presentation handout which, even though they said use no aids, I should have asked could I have given a handout anyway. Bizarre enough.

Placements Officer In the School of Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Reading (Reading, England (UK)) in March-2015.

Interview

Applied and was invited to interview. I was asked to deliver a 5 minute presentation for which I researched and prepared two weeks prior to interview. I was so excited to have been given the opportunity to work for such a respected university and was quietly confident as I had prepared so much and had all the skills/requirements/experience they were looking for. When I got to the campus I was asked to park in a specific location but someone else had parked there so I was directed to another car park on the other side of the campus and had to walk ten minutes - I got there just in time.

There were three people on the panel and all were very warm, welcoming and friendly. However the whole time I was being interviewed all of them constantly looked at the clock which was very off-putting and made me very nervous. Including the presentation I was in and out of the room within half an hour which completely shocked me - for a grade 6 position you'd expect an hour at the least. I was told I might hear by the end of the day (Tuesday) and definitely by the end of the week. I heard nothing until the following Thursday and got a brief email thanking me for attending but they'd offered the position to someone else. It totally knocked my confidence as it felt as if they'd decided in the first few seconds that they didn't want me - friends said it sounded like they had already earmarked someone for it.

Either way it was an upsetting experience. Interviewers don't seem to understand how much effort, time and money (taking time off work, weeks of preparation and a new suit in my case!) candidates spend on interviews. To treat someone so poorly is insulting at best, confidence-crushing at worst. I hope they read this and treat future interviewees with a bit more respect.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have of working with students?   1 Answer

Senior Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Reading (Reading, England (UK)) in February-2013.

Interview

Firstly I had a panel interview with four people (my manager, director of fundraising, Head of Major Gifts and Deputy Dean of the Business School) and a presentation, at the University. This was followed by a second interview with a Trustee and my manager in London.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase the number and type of donors to ensure future revenue increases?   1 Answer