United Airlines Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3,141 of over 3.1k interviews

Campus Recruiting3%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Newark, NJ) in Aug 2015

Interview

The interview process is very structured. I applied online and within a week I received an invitation to complete an OnDemand interview via HireVue. Suggestions for HireVue: Be in a well-lit area. My suggestion is to use as much natural lighting as possible. Be well-dressed. Research the company and see how the flight attendants dress for the particular company, and emulate that! The HireVue questions were behavioral questions. Everything I read on GlassDoor has been accurate! Within 4 days, I received an email inviting me to Newark, NJ for a Face-to-Face interview. I was beyond excited! When you call, the booking department will ask you the closest airport. I told her mine, and the flight is free, but please be aware you are usually not a "must-ride" passenger in instances like this. My case, I get to my closest airport with plenty of time to spare. The plane begins boarding. I board the plane and am in my seat. A gentleman from United walks on the plane and calls my name and says the flight is overbooked and I had to get off. I take my carry-on and exit the plane. I was a little stressed at this point. I go inside and wait for the counter to clear so I could talk to the desk agent, and they said the next flight leaves at 10pm (which I would have gotten to Newark at 11 ish), or you can go to another nearby airport and the plane departs in two hours! For a moment, I began to panic thinking I am never going to make it. I was not extremely familiar with the DC Metro stations, nor the other airport. However, I thought to myself, this is all part of the interview...staying cool, calm, and collected during a crisis! I managed to hustle through the DC Metro stops and navigate around. Got to my other airport and through security with about 10 minutes to spare! At this point, I was joking around the gate agent because of the mental meltdown I was having haha! I get on the plane and fly to Newark. Check-in to my hotel. The morning of the interview! Newark is an extremely busy airport! Give yourself plenty of time to get the gate pass and get through security--you do NOT want to be late. I was there a little after 7 and was seated with fellow interviewees by 8 (luckily)! Get to know your fellow applicants! Everyone is nervous, everyone is going through the same thing. Talk, be jolly, and have fun. It helps ease the nerves. Exactly at 9 am, the Inflight Recruiters came to get us! We went to the United building and were checked in. We were all briefed on United and they called the first 6 for interviews. While the others are in the interview, talk and be jolly with the other applicants. Take your mind to a less stressful place, but review some questions and answers in your head, too! My name was called, and I was nervous! The lady who did my one-on-one interview was nice, genuine. The interview was by far the best experience I have ever had! This one took about 45 minutes and it was basic behavioral questions, if/then questions, and we reviewed my resume. We were finished and we walk to the hall (I assumed I was finished), she said, I actually want my colleagues to meet you, so I am going to put you in this room with a few other applicants. I felt good! Talked to the few others in the room with me and they slowly leaving for the second interview. My name was called again and the ladies were nice and genuine again. I went to a very small room with them and they asked me basically the same questions. They said they had to step out and review a few things on my resume and they would be back. I sat in the room and about 5 minutes later, they walked through the door and said, "after reviewing you resume and answers, we have enough information to offer you the job today." Of course, I accepted the offer! The offer is contingent on drug, vision, and hearing tests, as well as passing the training! I leave for training August 30! They took me to the clinic onsite and I completed my drug, hearing, and vision tests! Some good things to remember: SMILE, POSTURE, CONFIDENCE, RESEARCH THE COMPANY, PRACTICE QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS! Browse through this site and read the questions other people were asked--it helped me tremendously! Research the company! Know the company! They want someone who can be invested into the company! Be confident! Good luck! It was an incredible experience and I cannot wait to begin my new life in the air!

983 people found this interview helpful

United Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

Started with a phone screen with the recruiter. The recruiter was wonderful and very helpful through the entire process. I had a zoom call with the manager 2 weeks later. Then did not hear for 2 months. I emailed the recruiter 3 times before I got a response that I was the second candidate.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience with presentation? Tell me about yourself?
    Answer Question

United Airlines

Application

I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

Initial process starts with an application. Next steps if called for more include a video submission interview. Following if invited in person, an in person interview. Location was Houston on site, day long interview with various rounds.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

Multiple rounds - one self recorded video interview, then flown to Houston for day of interviews. Interviewed with a group of about 30 other applicants. Some group activities before a one on one interview, followed by an interview with two other employees.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United Airlines

Application

I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

Video interview after applying with documents. And then waited for real interview. It was very systematic, and doable. I enjoyed the process. It was direct and straightforward. I think I liked how it was handled.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United Airlines

Application

I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

There were 4 interviews. The first was over the phone. The second one on one with a math test. The third was a group dynamic interview. The last was one on one with two different sales professionals

Interview Questions
  • What was the most difficult problem you've ever solved?

United Airlines

Application

I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

Takes a few month to complete. There different stages in the interview process. Overall the experience was really good! I enjoyed how they tried to really get to know future employees.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United Airlines

Application

I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

A couple of background interviews by a recruiter and finance associate to start. After this, the rounds consisted of behavioral, case-based, and fit-related questions. An excel briefing is the last step.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

United Airlines

Application

I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

It was good. Not too tense. Worked as a consultant. The questions were a combination of general and technical. The interviewers were friendly and helpful but there were a lot of applicants.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

i was sent an email for a video interview , then I was rejected few days later, they will say yes or no to you right away, just practice , youtube flight attendant interview videos and smile smile smile

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,141 Interviews