United Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at United Airlines

3,075 Interview Reviews

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompey, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at United Airlines (Pompey, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Vidéo interview de maxi 30 minutes mais on peut s'exercer sur le sur le site Internet HireVue tt le temps que l'on veut pour s'en traîner à répondre à toutes tes questions

Interview Questions

• En quoi votre expérience pourraient-elles vous aider pour être flight attendants   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Newark, NJ (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very structured. I applied online and within a week I received an invitation to complete an OnDemand interview via HireVue. Suggestions for HireVue: Be in a well-lit area. My suggestion is to use as much natural lighting as possible. Be well-dressed. Research the company and see how the flight attendants dress for the particular company, and emulate that! The HireVue questions were behavioral questions. Everything I read on GlassDoor has been accurate! Within 4 days, I received an email inviting me to Newark, NJ for a Face-to-Face interview. I was beyond excited! When you call, the booking department will ask you the closest airport. I told her mine, and the flight is free, but please be aware you are usually not a "must-ride" passenger in instances like this. My case, I get to my closest airport with plenty of time to spare. The plane begins boarding. I board the plane and am in my seat. A gentleman from United walks on the plane and calls my name and says the flight is overbooked and I had to get off. I take my carry-on and exit the plane. I was a little stressed at this point. I go inside and wait for the counter to clear so I could talk to the desk agent, and they said the next flight leaves at 10pm (which I would have gotten to Newark at 11 ish), or you can go to another nearby airport and the plane departs in two hours! For a moment, I began to panic thinking I am never going to make it. I was not extremely familiar with the DC Metro stations, nor the other airport. However, I thought to myself, this is all part of the interview...staying cool, calm, and collected during a crisis! I managed to hustle through the DC Metro stops and navigate around. Got to my other airport and through security with about 10 minutes to spare! At this point, I was joking around the gate agent because of the mental meltdown I was having haha! I get on the plane and fly to Newark. Check-in to my hotel. The morning of the interview! Newark is an extremely busy airport! Give yourself plenty of time to get the gate pass and get through security--you do NOT want to be late. I was there a little after 7 and was seated with fellow interviewees by 8 (luckily)! Get to know your fellow applicants! Everyone is nervous, everyone is going through the same thing. Talk, be jolly, and have fun. It helps ease the nerves. Exactly at 9 am, the Inflight Recruiters came to get us! We went to the United building and were checked in. We were all briefed on United and they called the first 6 for interviews. While the others are in the interview, talk and be jolly with the other applicants. Take your mind to a less stressful place, but review some questions and answers in your head, too! My name was called, and I was nervous! The lady who did my one-on-one interview was nice, genuine. The interview was by far the best experience I have ever had! This one took about 45 minutes and it was basic behavioral questions, if/then questions, and we reviewed my resume. We were finished and we walk to the hall (I assumed I was finished), she said, I actually want my colleagues to meet you, so I am going to put you in this room with a few other applicants. I felt good! Talked to the few others in the room with me and they slowly leaving for the second interview. My name was called again and the ladies were nice and genuine again. I went to a very small room with them and they asked me basically the same questions. They said they had to step out and review a few things on my resume and they would be back. I sat in the room and about 5 minutes later, they walked through the door and said, "after reviewing you resume and answers, we have enough information to offer you the job today." Of course, I accepted the offer! The offer is contingent on drug, vision, and hearing tests, as well as passing the training! I leave for training August 30! They took me to the clinic onsite and I completed my drug, hearing, and vision tests!

Some good things to remember: SMILE, POSTURE, CONFIDENCE, RESEARCH THE COMPANY, PRACTICE QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS! Browse through this site and read the questions other people were asked--it helped me tremendously! Research the company! Know the company! They want someone who can be invested into the company! Be confident!

Good luck! It was an incredible experience and I cannot wait to begin my new life in the air!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

I did horrible on the video interview. It is extremely challenging to talk to a computer and not to a live person. I received the email to do the video interview on June 7th. I did the video interview on June 8th. We are now June 10th and I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm just in limbo right now. I would like to know either way. Just wondering if anyone has done a video interview lately and heard back. Thanks

Interview Questions

• I don't remember all the interview question   66 Answers

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

STAR interview is a fancy name for something that has been around for years–the situational and behavioral interviewing for a job. Asking about various situations from your past (mostly work-related), interviewers try to understand your way of thinking, attitude to work, and how you would approach similar situations in your new job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had a difficult decision to make and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Interview

Questions ,i just want access to the rest of glass door , you'll do great. No need to worry about the process but it does take a long time since their is a full room of people trying to interview on the same day as you so show up early and get your name on the list first

Interview Questions

• They ask you scenario questions and what you would do in the situation   Answer Question

Seasonal Intern Interview

Interview

There were two rounds of pretty standard behavioral phone interviews. For the in-person interview, there were two candidates and three managers interviewing. United paid for my flight to the interview location.

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Very detailed and precise. Took an interest in both the types of questions asked and my answers. Was very informative as far as job duties, turnover rate, my training. Also, explained some of the normal work routine and perks

Interview Questions

Interview

They fly you out to Chicago and you have to do a very easy assessment (easy if you have a background) in engineering and then they ask you questions about yourself.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you've had to overcome in a group?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

The interview consisted of an assesment to make sure you are eligible to continue onto the next step. After that is a video interview where 3 random questions are given to you and you are recorded with no option to retake video. lastly if you pass all that, they will contact you to fly you out to main hub (HOUSTON) and interview in person with 30 other canidates and they are always watching... even in the waiting room (;

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

First you need to pass the online assessment next step is video interview and last face to face interview, two rounds, first with one person and second with two persons and they will make an decision on site and then you are off for medical exam.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.