Found 5,850 of over 6K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and change to meet a lot of people from all over the place." (in 803 reviews)
- "Flight benefits are great when it’s not the busy season and you can actually get a seat." (in 532 reviews)
- "people are great and fun to be around." (in 294 reviews)
- "The travel benefits are great Ability to transfer across departments can enhance skill set Very dedicated to DEI" (in 279 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and awesome to be part of United Family." (in 105 reviews)
- "The management is poor and I’ve observed some people take advantage of their supervisor positions." (in 271 reviews)
- "Low pay and you get hired for one job but don't get to do it for over three months" (in 221 reviews)
- "Long hours and the Union didn't give good support when you really needed it." (in 89 reviews)
- "Upper management is also unwilling to appropriately compensate the engineering structure as a whole." (in 69 reviews)
- "The beginning salary for flight attendants is low (but better than at UK airlines) it increases to a good salary after 5 years of work." (in 60 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of United Airlines and is not affected by filters.
- 1.0Nov 27, 2014PAX Service AgentCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Flexible hours, 40 hours a week
Not being employed under United Airlines' payroll really is so depressing and doesn't motivate employees to do their jobs with enthusiasm. Most agents don't care whether work is done the right/proper way due to lack of incentives, proper training on each station, and lack of management assistance and awareness in dealing with so many issues. Favoritism is the name of the game. After working 9 months under ATS, even working full time we don't have benefits, promised raise after 6 months was not honored, agents work hard for nothing but the minimum wage. We all feel being taken advantaged of the whole situation.2
- 4.0Jan 27, 2014Administrative AssistantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearEdmonton, AB
Flight benefits, Fun company, great interaction with staff and passengers, flight crew as well
24/7 company with odd shifts. day or night and weekends and holidays
- 2.0Mar 16, 2014Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsCalgary, AB
Great financial outcome projected for upper management!
Outsourced frontline personnel means declining standards of service for customers1
United Airlines Reviews FAQs
United Airlines has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 6,444 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at United Airlines to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
74% of United Airlines employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated United Airlines 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.