Ulta Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Ulta Beauty

1,372 Interview Reviews

2.1

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call 4 days later. She asked if I could do a FaceTime interview in an hour. So I had to get ready and mentally prepare in less than an hour. They didn’t ask many questions. They got back to me 24 hours after my interview.

Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Chattanooga, TN (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Very brief interview over the phone with the district manager. Everything went well and the DM told me I was awesome and very qualified and said the only thing holding me back was transferring my cosmetology license from one state to the other. When we got off the phone she told me to find out and let her know what the process was on that so we could move forward.. the following business day I got a generic email saying that they had decided to move forward with other candidates. Made no sense to me and I felt very lied to.

Sales Manger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Paramus, NJ (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

It was an overall pleasant experience. The interviewer was very forthcoming regarding questions I had prepared. I was nervous since it was only my second interview; their demeanor made me feel more at ease to properly describe myself and my prior work experiences.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Very brief. I was interviewed with one other person. We were asked questions about ourselves mostly. The hiring manager seemed very eager to hire as they approached me in the store for hire.

Interview Questions

• What’s your favorite beauty brand?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Most employees do a in person interview, but since I was away at school looking for a summer position, they were able to do a phone interview. It was the general manager and another manager on the line.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I wanted to work at Ulta, my retail experience, how I would handle a specific situation (lots of these)   Answer Question

Salon Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

phone screen with recruiter, practical test on live model, written skills test, in person interview with store GM then back to recruiter for offer process. Overall it was a very easy interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

The process was with the general manager and district manager. It took a long time to hear back but the process was easy as long as you are aware of the policies and values that ulta has

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to collaborate with another group and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Warehouse Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Greenwood, IN (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Very easy process.. finished everything online until the scheduled interview and met with 2 women from HR who asked me several questions about my work history then gave me several scenarios than could happen at this job and asked me what i would do during those specific scenarios and that was it. Very easy and comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

• My work history and which jobs I had enjoyed and why as well as which jobs I had not liked and why.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewa Beach, HI (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Ewa Beach, HI (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The recruiter Suna Sullivan contacted me. We set a date for interview in her calendar. 20 minutes before interview she canceled then sent another message informing me to disregard the cancelation and addressed me by the wrong name. She rushed me during interview and was condescending. Does she know that interviewees are customers?? She was very unprofessional- I’ll pass on working there and shopping with Ulta- I’ll stick to Sephora. Her skills need improvement. I have over 20 years in high volume retail.

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Ulta does a group interview. Mine had 5 people and a manager interviewing us. The interview was short, only around 5-10 questions. It was fairly easy. The order for answering the questions was random & different for each question so each applicant had a chance to answer first.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.