Toronto Hydro Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Toronto Hydro Interview Questions

Interviews at Toronto Hydro

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro.

Interview

It was a basic behavioural interview. I interviewed with two to three members of the team and they had a list of 6 or 7 questions where they were writing down my answers. Each questions had two parts. Most questions were asking how you would handle a situation or to give examples of situations in which you used team work, conflict resolution, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Toronto Hydro? Why is safety important? describe a situation in which you worked on a team and had to deal with conflict. describe a situation in which you had to be very detail oriented.   1 Answer

Senior Technical Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON) in June 2020.

Interview

I applied via university career site, got an interview two weeks after that. The good thing about it is that they were giving me a lot of time to prepare; they noticed me almost 10 days before the interview. However, the interview itself was not conducted professionally. In the email invitation, the HR listed the names of the interviewers, so I did a bit research on them. but on the interview day, only one of the three listed interviewers was present, and all the other interviewers were from another department which they have never mentioned to me in advance. The interview was conducted online given the current circumstance; the thing that I feel a bit less comfortable with was that some of the interviewers did not even open their cameras (they could see me, but I couldn't see them), so I was kinda feeling that I am speaking to a blank screen most of the time instead of to some real people. Also the questions are all pre-scripted and they have their own "expected answers" in mind, if my answer was not something they expected, they would stop me when I was still answering the question, and trying to "correct" my answer. Please note that all the questions are behavioural so there are no right or wrong answers, unlike the technical ones. And stopped me when I was not finished answering, assuming that I was not giving the answer they want before they even hear my complete answer, did not look too professional to me.

Interview Questions

• You can find 80%-90% of their questions on Glassdoor reviews, they are big on safety so no matter what kind of roles you are applying for, you need to prepare for it.   Answer Question
    • Some safety concerns in a work place and how would you deal with them?   Answer Question
    • What is your educational background relevant to this role?   Answer Question

Year Long Electrical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro.

Interview

There was a quick tour before I was interviewed in front of two people. They alternated asking questions on safety and general personality questions. Each question often had multiple parts/follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when there was a safety incident and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

phone interview, then in person. Average behavioural interview questions. Met with two supervisors of the department. The interview lasted about 30 mins. they are big in safety, so make sure to emphasize your regard for safety.

Talent Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro.

Interview

The panel was very friendly and organized for the interview. There was a total of 6 questions and at the end they let me ask questions that I had about the role

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply here?
      What do you know about Toronto Hydro?
      Tell us about yourself?
      How important is safety to an organization?
      Tell us about a time a manager was disrespectful
      Other behavioural questions followed   Answer Question

Revenue Assurance Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON) in February 2020.

Interview

First 30 mins are 6 questions with multiple parts, then 30mins math and logical test (not a hard test, just simple word problems). I had 2 interviewers who were friendly and happy to repeat the questions whenever needed. They tend to pick on a couple of key phrases and words I used then repeat the to me or have follow up questions. They seemed to like answers that reflected my thought process.

Interview Questions

• Have you researched our company?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Relaxed environment. Interviewed by two people. Questions were straightforward. Mostly based on your past experiences. Interview had a math component at the end and before the interview you are to prepare a business letter.

Senior Technical Student Investment Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON) in January 2020.

Interview

Just some general behavioral questions, not really hard. Interviewers are nice and comfortable to talk with. No technical questions are asked. The interview last 45 minutes. Also asked some questions about Excel ability.

Clerical Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON) in November 2019.

Interview

It went well. Both the interviewers were really nice and would repeat the question again if they thought i could expand on it more. Also, there was a math test after the interview. a few questions were tricky but just needed more thought on it.

Student –Standards and Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toronto Hydro (Toronto, ON) in November 2019.

Interview

Simple questions were asked. Mostly non-technical, but asked about previous experience. The interviewers were very polite and the conversation was light. Overall, the interview experience was good, and I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you and a co-worker disagreed on something. How did you overcome this?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.