Toolstation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Toolstation Interview Questions

Interviews at Toolstation

2.2

Interim Head of Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgwater, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Toolstation (Bridgwater, England (UK)).

Interview

300 mile round trip, took a day off current projects and have recd no feedback after 3 weeks, after constant chasing!!!

Absolutely disgraceful!!!

Met two members of HR team, he seemed quite helpful however unable to ask anything technical as they didn’t know!!! So unable to really get across detail of knowledge for role!

Interview Questions

• Asked to go through CV highlighting specific relevant experience   Answer Question

Part Time Store Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toolstation.

Interview

I applied online. then a few weeks later I got a call from the shop manager inviting to an interview. The interview lasted for almost 1 hour, the interview consisted of a 20 minute maths test and the rest was just of common interview questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toolstation.

Interview

2 stage process, both on site, first was a biographical probe of CV and history, 2nd was competency and technical skills. Was able to meet team at 2nd stage and see the environment and culture I would be working in.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toolstation.

Interview

Was very polite, asked me questions on my journey in retail and in my last job role which was an assistant manager. Also asked me how I would deal in certain situations and give examples

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toolstation.

Interview

Fairly informal interview in the kitchen. Described the job role & asked questions about myself & what I could bring to the role. Showed me round the building then advised I'd know by 5pm that day if I was successful.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weybridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toolstation (Weybridge, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

First process was online, filled in form with CV attached etc. Found out this system is currently a few months old so knowledge during application process from managers was lacking, but HR appears on the phone often and everything goes smoothly

First contact was over phone. For me it was around 10am, asked a few basic questions about why you want to work at Toolstation etc. Quite simple. Interview organised for any time (quite flexible) I had mine for midday early the next week.

Interview itself was straightforward, starting with a written test for maths skills (very simple). One thing to advise in my case you're left alone, it could be possible to sneak your phone out to cheat, but being very simple that shouldn't be necesarry anyway. Questions that followed were simple with the same generic interview questions, with the last being "if you could have dinner with anyone who..." I'd advise researching the company or someone relevant beforehand, this was the only part I struggled on.

Before the main speaking interview afterwards I had researched how the job worked, so I'd advise learning what tasks are done and the importance of them. Having prior knowledge of the company itself will also impress. Main competitors, locations, types of customers etc are useful.

Multiple people are interviewed for each job so consider making a unique stance in interviews. It took mine surprising amount of time but you are informed of a confirmed job over the phone.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Toolstation in September 2019.

Interview

Pleasant conversation with the interviewer. Very little difficulty with answers and flow of conversation. Approximately 15 minutes in length with basic questions similar or exact to a basic personality test.

Interview Questions

• Why would I like to work for Toolstation   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toolstation (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

Very good but a lot of questions, got to go in confident, interviewed by 1 person. Quick tour of the building and seeing what they do on an everyday basis. Quick maths test too

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toolstation (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online and received a telephone interview. Then had an interview with the regional manager. I found the company very professional and received great feedback after my interview. Although unsuccessful, what I could see of the company is good and the head office kept me up to date in a well organised manner.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toolstation (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview started with the interviewer explaining in-brief what the store was about and a bit about himself and the store's emergency fire exits, before moving on to the standard interview questions. It was a one on one interview and felt very comfortable and natural. There was a list of topics / questions the interviewer had to go through which were answered naturally through out a conversation about the store and the role I was applying for. After the main questions, I was asked to complete an aptitude / fairly simple maths test with no more than 20 questions on it. I was given around 10-15 minutes to complete as much as I could. Finally, I was thanked for coming, asked if I had any further questions and told when I could recieve news on whether I had gotten the job or not.

Most of the interview was being told about the company, what I would be wearing, fire and security procedures, if I was okay with moving heavy objects etc and stuff of that nature.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Think of a time you had good customer service and a time you recieved bad customer service.   Answer Question
    • Think of a time you had to complete a task within a deadline.   Answer Question
    • What would you do when the store doesnt currently have any customers to serve?   Answer Question
    • What are your interests/hobbies?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the store?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the tasks you would be doing if given the role?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.