The Siegfried Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

The Siegfried Group Interview Questions

Interviews at The Siegfried Group

2.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (Wilmington, DE (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a friend on Linkedin about an opening and was interviewed later that week. Interview was brief but intense. Interviewer was very nice about the whole process though.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (Wilmington, DE (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Had to take 3 different personality tests and fill out a self-assessment in preparation for the interview. In-person interview lasted 4 hours long and I met with 5 people. The interview was very much about culture fit and not so much about skill-set. One of the interviewers began the interview by telling me that I was in no way qualified for the job and told me to explain why I was interviewing in the first place. Other interactions with the team members made me feel off and confused about what job I was even interviewing for, since each person seemed to think the job entailed something else. The entire process was very intense and left me feeling very uncomfortable. When I received my feedback from the internal recruiting team it was harsh, very negative, and hurtful. Although I wouldn't have taken the job and did feel it wasn't a good fit as well, I never asked to have who I am as a person criticized. I also didn't feel as though the interview went so poorly that it warranted such extreme feedback. I feel like the team should have been a bit more diplomatic in delivering their rejection, especially since I never asked for any input. The entire process left a bad taste in my mouth.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (Charlotte, NC (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

There were too many levels of the interview process. I had interviewed with at least 5 people if I can remember. The first was a screening phone call. Next was on the phone with a regional manager and then there was a level of interview at the home office. Then the next level of interview was with the client I was working for to see if they would be able to use my skill set.

Associate Manager Interview

Interview

This hiring process is extremely efficient. They give you the opportunity to speak to several individuals. I interviewed with 3 different people for approximately 45 mins each. The interview was more like a conversation and also heavily involved information about the firm.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

First, I had a phone screen.

Then, I met with the PRD (Professional Resource Director) for a quick coffee to go over my questions about the company and his questions about me.

Then, I went into the office and met with 4 different people. First, I met with a woman that I believe was in charge of HR for multiple TSG offices. Then, I met with the PRD again. Next, I met with a current professional resource via a phone call. Finally, I met with the office lead/manager (the guy who brings in the business). It was a decently paced interview.

There's a surprise at the end! Just in case someone else hasn't blown it, I won't say what it is. But let me just say the interview is worth your time.

Interview Questions

• How was your Big 4 experience helped you succeed in your career? (TSG is always looking for ex-Big 4, but they're open to others for the right project)   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2008.

Interview

Straight forward behavioral interview based on past experience in accounting and finance fields. CPA and previous employment with major accounting firm is favorable. Nothing too difficult as it seems more about fit with culture and desire to participate in entrepreneurial environment than anything else.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

First there was a brief phone screen and then I was given an office interview. I met with the HR manager first and then with two managers and a director. Each conversation was about 40 minutes. The interview was conversational and relatively causal.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed for the Senior Associate position in October 2016.General telephone screening and the invitation for the in person interview followed next day. The in person interview went ok but I didn't get the offer. General experience was good as the people whom I met were generally nice people. Almost half of the time during the interview the HR was talking about the company and the benefits they offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were general type of questions like experience , clients I have worked with the types of companies I have worked with. I spoke to 3 people.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

My interview process consisted of three steps: HR phone screen, Director level phone screen, and in-person interview. Both phone calls consisted of the usual early interview questions about resume experience, interest in the company, and what kind of role/company you're looking for. The in-person interview is a heavily scripted three hour block sometimes with multiple interviewers. There is a strong focus on polish of applicants and ability to field more difficult what-if and behavior-based questions. Personally, I found the final round up tight compared to the initial phone conversations as well as every other in-person interview I've had even with Fortune 50 companies. I found it ridiculous that the last in-person conversation had one question about interests outside of work as we slogged through a 25 question standardized list. A while after, Siegfried recruiting sent an Amex gift card as a means of spreading the brand which made the marathon interview worthwhile.

Interview Questions

• As you think about the future of your career, what are you most excited about? What are you most concerned about?

Of the following Siegfried Intangibles, which ones most closely resonate with you and why? (Mental Agility, Analytical Ability, Chemistry, Communication Skills, Commitment, Flexibility, Courage, Confidence, and humility)

What do you see as your unique ability and how do you apply that to your work and personal life?

If you are currently employed, why are you looking to leave your current employer? If you are currently unemployed, why did you leave your last employer?

How would joining The Siegfried Group further your goals?

What parts of your job do you wish to spend less time on? What parts of your job do you wish to spend more time on?

What were the results of your last evaluation/performance review cycle and how did you rate against your peers?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone screen. If there seems to be a good fit from there an in person interview will be scheduled. My in person interview lasted about 3 hours during which I met 5 members of the team. The each asked a different set of questions. The final person took the longest asking a series of 25 questions. He acknowledged that these 25 questions were a new method of standardized questions.

Interview Questions

• They are going to ask many questions; at the end none particularly stood out.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.