Spotify Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Spotify Interview Questions

Interviews at Spotify

2.9

Hip Hop Editor Interview

Interview

Invited for a phone screening with male recruiter in August, was told I would be given an update by end of week - ghosted. Followed up with no responses or communication. Finally got a response 2 weeks later saying I would given an update 'ASAP' - ghosted on my follow up's again.

Recruiter was unprofessional. Really disappointed in the poor level of communication exhibited by Spotify's recruiting and HR team. I was ghosted for over 2 months. I expect better from such a culturally relevant platform.

Content Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spotify.

Interview

There was a phone screen, and then the next round involved a zoom interview with two higher level associates that I would've been reporting to. The phone screen lasted the full thirty minutes, and the zoom interview that followed lasted just as long. There was about a week in between the phone screen and the zoom interview.

The process was going well until the recruiter suddenly went ghost after the second round interview (which even the interviewers told me I did well on). I reached out and followed up, and there was nothing. This was honestly extremely rude and soiled my entire view of the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you go into a little more detail about your last job? (Beyond the resume bullet points)   Answer Question

Real Estate Team Interview

Interview

Very informal, team is broken down into different 'cells' or groups, so not very centralized. Hiring happens by the group, not the company overall. It was an overall good process.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions that one could normally expect on an interview.   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spotify.

Interview

Standard friendly email to set up phone interview. The recruiter came across as bored by the process and I felt it difficult to connect with her. She spoke very fast and seemed to want to get the call over with. I felt like my experience was perfect for the role, yet I wasn’t given an opportunity to speak to a hiring manager or given a reason why. It felt very corporate, and I think the recruiter failed to see how my diverse experience could be a big asset. I would suggest recruiters try to be more open and friendly rather than intimidating. I am definitely not used to being treated like a number!

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Spotify.

Interview

Absolutely maddening. Months and months of interviews and even presentations with hiring manager and a few team members, with weeks of ghosting/no response from recruiter and others in between each. Then ultimately ghosted and later found out they hired someone else. Sadly, I've since heard that this is a typical interview process for this company. I was also warned they are only hiring to fill certain diversity quotas now, so if you don't check the right box prepare for similar treatment.

Interview Questions

• How do you rely on data in organizing projects?   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spotify.

Interview

Recruiter email via LinkedIn -> phone screen -> zoom interview with a couple of people.
    - Interviewer had a terrible connection which made it difficult to hear his questions.
    - Interviewer seemed uninterested to do the interview
    - told me he was just randomly picked to do the interview for no particular team. It was a waste of time from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• What is CAP Theorem in distributed computing?   1 Answer
    • How do you delete a linked list?   1 Answer
    • What are some things you could have done better in your data projects?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Spotify.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn.

Phone screen with recruiter about current projects, what I'm looking for, etc. Said they'd like to move forward and would schedule a code share interview with an engineer.

HackerRank style video interview with an engineer. Three LC easy/medium questions were asked. Got an email shortly after saying they'd like to move me to an on-site.

Full day on-site. 2 coding, 2 system design, and 1 cultural interview, with lunch in the middle. Overall, LC easy/medium and standard system design questions.

Never heard from them again, not even a no-reply rejection email. First and only time I've ever been ghosted after an on-site. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Common questions about Trees, Heaps, and Maps.   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Interview

It was an online interview for almost an hour where interviewer asked me few basic coding questions in javascript and then few other questions related to code challenge and later asked me few questions in react

Interview Questions

• difference between null, undefined and undeclared
      how do you check null condition
      difference between immutable and mutable and different methods of Array which are mutable   Answer Question

Softwre Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reaches out and schedules a phone screen. She did not show up at the appointed time and just sent a calendar invite to reschedule for the next day, with no message to provide a reason or to confirm. The next day she again didn't show up and had no message or note.

User Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Spotify (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Was contacted by two recruiters over 6 months for the same position so thought why not see what the role was all about. Initial hr interview was pleasant enough. Just basic questions about my resume. Interview with hiring manager was disappointing. Qns were easy but became quickly clear to me from the interview and from seeing who gets hired for this kind of role they want younger people with a certain personality and who are fanboys and fangirls of their service rather than hiring for ability or potential. Even more disappointing, they ghosted me afterwards rather than say I didn’t pass as others have stated. My recommendation is only apply if you are younger than young 30s, don’t worry if you don’t have a Ton of experience (they are focused on cultural fit), and don’t be shocked if you get ghosted.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.