Sony Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Sony Electronics Interview Questions

Interviews at Sony Electronics

2.9

Directeur Produit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Paris (France)) in May-2008.

Interview

Entretien assez facile et rapide. Vérification des expériences passées, la culture d'entreprise, la vision des affaires, etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salaire, voiture, autres avantages. Toujours négocier

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Orlando, FL (US)) in April-2010.

Interview

you will have 3 interviews as typical
    (1) the store manager will call you to do an initial phone interview and then bring you in to the store to do an onsite if they like your initial answers and resume
    --questions are very basic and follow a HR script
    (1) Best / Worst attribute
    (2)describe tough quest experience and how you handle / resolved it
    (3)worst customer experience and how did you resolve
    (4)how did you win over a customer
    (5)describe the selling process
    (6)how do you motivate / run a team
    --must be flexible to work 6am - 12am on any given day (projects / holidays)

they do not let you take more than 7 consective days off w/o Regional HR approval

bonus program is horrible, and they will tell you how to accelerate it and not be honest about the actual payouts

conditions: you will be interviewed at the store (mall locations) , it will be noisy and they will have to still stay by the store for customer issues, so be prepared to stop and start, they have no real office space in the stores to accommodate private areas

if you pass this you will talk to the Regional Mgr via phone (and if they have another candiate you will have a onsite with the Regional and conf call with HR) - HR has basic input and is more background screening than skill

finally they do crime screen and drug screen BEFORE making offer.. and typically this is a 3 - 4 week process from 1st call to offer letter

you do have to sign contracts (non disclosure, non comp, IP rights at time of hire disclosure)

Negotiation

you do not get to truly "bargain"
    they will take a counter but tell you that all offers are final and its a take or decline offer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Jose, CA (US)) in August-2014.

Interview

Was contacted by an agent regarding a position in Sony and an onsite interview was set up the following day. Met the Program Manger, who was very professional and asked questions about my previous work and listened attentively.

Then a couple of engineers came in and started throwing questions at me without even bothering to listen to my answers. And out of the blue starting making fun of my Company and the product. Very unprofessional team

Interview Questions

• How many lines of code have you written in 4 years?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sony Electronics.

Interview

Initial phone interview for contract position. Questions were mostly technical, not too difficult. After initial contract position was offered a permanent position.
    Impressions of work culture: Work is remote controlled from Tokyo, little to no autonomy for the US operation, so decisions take a long time to be made. Sometimes there is not enough transparency as to who is in control, and who is the real decision maker. Work efficiency sometimes suffers due to too many people involved in decision making, and the afore-mentioned lack of transparency of decision making.
           Staying back in office for late night video/telephone conference meetings with overseas teams, especially in Tokyo had been the norm rather than the exception, due to the time zone difference. However this is not for everyone concerned, only if one happened to be in a position within the project where liaison with Tokyo is necessary.

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview question for SW engineer position:
      What is the Unix/Linux system call that forms the basis of Linux pthread library functions?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June-2012.

Interview

was easy, very easy great nice

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA (US)) in February-2008.

Interview

I converted from a contractor to an employee. The conversion process involves the full round of interviews. Starting with applying online, doing an intensive background screening, and then about 7 hours of 1:1 interviews, which were done on the same day. The actual interviews were done about 10 days into the process. I was interviewed by the hiring manger, HR, dept. heads, and VP's. Each had a different style, none were technical in nature. They all asked the same type of questions, involving personality, work ethics, inter-personal skills, goals, etc.

Interview Questions

• Since I had experience with the company as a contractor, I was asked what I would like to see changed in the department I was interviewing for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I only had to send the offer back to the table 1 time. However, doing so, increased the length of time for the final offer by a week.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA (US)) in October-2010.

Interview

Interview process consists of phone interview from recruiter and then from manager.
    After the phone interview is through, was invited for the one on one interview with the team .
    This interview lasted for a day.Also have to meet with VP and SVP of engineering as a part of interview process step by step though.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA (US)) in August-2018.

Interview

Most of the questions had nothing to do with the role, was the most political type of questions etc. They drag you for the full day. The environment is very cliche and very political and I get the type of vibe already from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to do___________   1 Answer

Cleaning Lady Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (New York, NY (US)) in January-2018.

Interview

I submitted my resume online in the morning and they contacted me via email later on the same day asking to schedule a phone interview. I replied with my available times the next day after and they scheduled the phone interview within the next 3 or so business days. The phone interview was done with a manager (but with like 8 years of programming experience). Asked for me to talk…

Interview Questions

• What do I like about Java/C and what don't I like.   1 Answer

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Got a call in two days after I applied. Had a phone screen first and then was called for on-site interview. The really check your in dept knowledge. On-site interview was taken by developers from the Playstation team. The process was pretty starightforward. Sony SNEI has a really cool developers to work with.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.