Sierra-Cedar Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Sierra-Cedar Interview Questions

3.1

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra-Cedar in August-2015.

Interview

The initial communication was via email with an SC recruiter, who handled high level screening, requirements, and coordinated subsequent interviews.
    The interview process included two detailed phone calls with AVP & VP level leadership. Both calls exceeded one-hour and focused on personal background, the role of this position within the company and various what-if type of scenario discussions.
    I next met with both interviewers in person to finalize and discuss an offer. The entire process was handled very quickly and efficiently: approximately four weeks start to finish.

Interview Questions

• The majority of our conversation centered around management experience, handling of remote staff, ability to work across the organization and experiences in team building and expansion of consulting services.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra-Cedar (Denver, CO (US)) in February-2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly quick. I had an introductory call with the recruiter, several technical interviews, and a final interview with the practice director. The interviews were pleasant and straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• What were some touchpoints for procurement to other functional areas?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra-Cedar in February-2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. The process was expedited for me since I had worked with several Sierra-Cedar consultants on other projects and they recommended me for this position. I had a series of phone conversations with a recruiter, peer consultants, and a resource manager. Everyone I spoke with was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. As I progressed through the process, they helped sell me on Sierra-Cedar.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions revolved around my job history, my knowledge of Workday, and my career aspirations. They also asked about my comfort level with telecommuting and whether I was okay with business travel.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sierra-Cedar in January-2017.

Interview

Very poor job by recruiters, dragged out over 2.5 months. poor follow up - did not take the time to do a proper reference check, then complained to me about not being able to reach references. Basically hired me, but were inept on the reference checks. Process was way too long with poor communications.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Sierra-Cedar (New York, NY (US)) in July-2015.

Interview

Applied online, a few days later received an email from a recruiting manager requesting availability for an initial phone interview

Sent a technical exercise for me to complete within a few hours ( this determines whether or not you'll be placed in a junior or senior role based on how you perform on the technical exercise

Went over the technical exercise with another team member to discuss my though process around the technical exercise and to discuss my experience with the platform

30 minute phone call with Director

Face-to-face interview with Sr. Manager

In-between this time, received an email from the recruiter that they are waiting on contracts to be won, and that it will take a few months to finish the HR process ( Would have been nice to let me know that beforehand)

A couple of months go by with the recruiter in contact every 2-3 weeks or so

30 minute phone call with VP

Waited a week or two to hear back as there were issues coordinating schedules for the phone calls as members of Sr. Management were on travel or on client sites and had limited availability to move the process forward

30 minute phone call with SVP or Practice Manager

30 minutes phone with another person in Sr. Management

Finally got an offer call scheduled, but received two other competitive offers with companies who had a more streamlined and efficient HR process and they were ready to make a move before the holiday season.

Interview Questions

• I've never dealt with a company who had such a long HR process. I was as patient as I could be because I thought it was a great fit, however, be aware that they will initiate the process with you as if you will think you may start the job within a few weeks, but that's not the case. There is something to be said, when it takes months to get contracts signed, makes you think the company is not as stable as they say they are. The folks I talked to were pleasant, so you're definitely dealing with professional and courteous people, I just wish the HR process didn't take a back seat for so long, especially when it's overall a good fit. To sum it all up, it was a timing discrepancy and it happens so what's meant to be will eventually be. Also keep in mind, before an actual offer is on paper, there is an offer call that pretty much happens first where you discuss the details of the offer. Doesn't really help when you've got other offers on paper to evaluate.

Because the process took so long, it was a waste of my time, effort, and energy so with that, it was a negative experience for me. Folks, be sure to address this on the initial phone call with the recruiter so that you do not waste your time.   Answer Question

Had two other competitive offers to evaluate in hand, and no written offer from Sierra-Cedar, only that we are strongly interested and are preparing for an offer call.

Proposal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra-Cedar (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Initial HR interview, followed by detailed writing sample and three subsequent interviews with manager, peer, and VP. Emphasis was on my ability to grasp and articulate their ever-changing service offerings.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions varied by interviewer. Relatively relaxed overall, but peer interview was the most challenging.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra-Cedar in October-2014.

Interview

I went through dice and got a call through recruiter. Then an in person interview with the project manager and his boss. They told me where in the process the project was

Interview Questions

• The recruiter had a heavy accent. Asked about my salary expectations and walked through resume.   Answer Question

Senior Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra-Cedar.

Interview

Endless emails, and three face to face meetings over the course of several weeks. Interviews were not very well structured and the interviewers didn't ask very good questions. Overall there was a lack of experience interviewing by those who interviewed me, and one person I asked targeted questions of about the company, culture and the current project withheld important information that would have helped me see that this company was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Closed ended questions about past work and capabilities I had.   1 Answer

Senior Role Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sierra-Cedar.

Interview

They dragged me along for months and continued to change the interview process on me. For example, they said I would speak with so-and-so and when I didn't hear from so-and-so, they would change direction and set-up an interview with someone else. The recruiting process required a lot of follow-up on my behalf in order to keep it moving and know what next steps involved.

It was a completely disorganized recruiting process. Two people told me I would be receiving a call to discuss my offer details as the final step. However, after a month of not hearing about my offer I declined to continue with the process. I was then told they gave the offer to someone else. That's not the way to treat people, so I am glad at the end of the day not to be working for them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra-Cedar (Hyderabad (India)) in May-2016.

Interview

It took around 4 weeks.Many rounds are there.There are observing every view of employee when they are taking interview.We should perform like very confident about us.Means we should give answers in very confident manner.Don't worry if it is wrong or right.People are very nice.Well prepare.They are mostly concentrate on database

Interview Questions

• The question is related data management.How you satisfy the customer when you lost the data of the customer before delivering to customer?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.