Selfridges Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Selfridges Interview Questions

Interviews at Selfridges

2.7

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (Miami, FL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a lot to be said about this process I needed to get ready and talk to a bunch of high heads to get this position but it was worth it

Press Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selfridges.

Interview

Applied through Linkedin and was interviewed shortly after at their offices. I was told quickly afterwards the result of the interview. The whole process was completed within 2 weeks which is a lot faster than other interview procedures I have previously endured.

Interview Questions

• Favourite in-store campaigns/activations   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Group interview case study how will you sell a certain product to customer. Introduce yourself to your partner and introduce your partner to everyone. Filling in the insurance form. Experience of providing excellent customer service

Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selfridges.

Interview

After submitting your CV, you are asked to complete a situational judgement. This asks for your response to basic customer service queries. If you are successful at this stage, you then go onto a video interview. You are asked less than 5 questions and the whole process takes less than 10 minutes.

VAT Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

The agency contacted me for a position in tax refund department. Group interview, I was successful. The next stage was that the department manager interviewed me - made the final decision and approved me to work @ Selfridges

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges.

Interview

Applied directly online. Got a call from HR 10 days later who invited me for a face to face interview and then 2 more interviews with Senior Managers. Really smooth process and enjoyed meeting with everyone who interviewed me. Got an insight into stores’ future and exciting plans- which got me really excited in return. Feels like the company is going through a lot of positive change with a specific focus on employees and customer service. Everyone who interviewed me was very friendly and welcoming and wanted to know about me personally and my interests outside of work and not just about my work history. One of the best interview processes I’ve ever had!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you’ve developed someone? What are your interests? What’s your leadership style? How do you get people on-board? How do you deal with ambiguity/ change? What’s important for you in a work environment?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First I had a phone interview with HR, followed by an in person interview with the department manager and the final interview was with the brand specialist. The overall process took approx. two weeks

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first interview was with the concession manager and another head office staff member from the concession brand. The second interview was a Store Approval Interview with a member of staff from Selfridges.

Christmas Temporary Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

Once you apply online you may be invited for a video interview (asking simple ‘get to know you’ questions based on Christmas) and you can re-record and watch your answer before submitting.

Then you may be invited for a one on one interview with a group activity. Dress smart (I wore a blazer with turtle neck). The one on one is very informal and more like a friendly conversation about getting to know you with one of the managers (all so friendly) and only lasted around 5-10 minutes. The group activity consisted of coming up with a Christmas event idea with one manager looking over and taking notes of each group (they don’t hover about, just listen from a distance so no need to worry). My group didn’t have the best idea but they focus more on how much input your putting in and talking to the group.

Got a call 4 days later saying I got the job and disclosing the department I’d be working in :)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Selfridges?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was a nice, friendly conversation. The manager was in a rush and it lasted barely 10 minutes. It didn't feel like an interview, just a quick chat and a few personal questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked especially good in a team   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something completely new that you've done and how you've approached it   Answer Question
    • What are your main interests?   Answer Question
    • What excites you the most about working here?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.