Self Made Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Self Made Marketing Interview Questions

1.8

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (San Diego, CA (US)) in July-2014.

Interview

I applied through Monster. I was contacted about 3 to 4 days later, and they asked if I could come in the following day. They asked me to bring a copy of my resume (which they should have already had since I attached it to my application). They also asked me to dress professionally, which was a helpful reminder as I had intended in arriving in my Spiderman costume. When I arrived at the interview location in Mission Valley, it was clear that it was a short term lease on a low grade office suite. There was an untidy receptionist station, and five folding chairs set up against the wall. Three were already occupied. I took the fourth, and then two more candidates arrived, leaving one poor guy just standing there. We were asked to fill out employment applications which were far less detailed than what I had already been asked online. We were then called into the interview room one at a time.

During my five (seriously....five) minute interview, I was asked a series of questions, the answers to which were already on my resume, my online application, and the handwritten form I completed in the reception area. I was then told that the job entailed going to various Walmart locations and doing product demonstrations. Since the job was billed as marketing, and since the requirements indicated a preference for at least a bachelor's degree, I was somewhat amused. Rather than just leave, I asked THEM some questions. I stated that when I was called for the interview, I was told that it was an hourly position which included a commission and a bonus structure. I asked how commissions and bonuses were tracked if the primary responsibility was product demonstration. I got no answer; I was told that compensation would be discussed at the call back interview.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite basketball team? (This is not a joke.)   1 Answer
    • So, how does it sound?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Emeryville, CA (US)) in January-2017.

Interview

Seemed easy enough to schedule an interview. I was told I would receive a salary at this position. The company representative that contacted me to schedule the interview told me if I was hired I would have a salary. This turned out to be some what of a lie. At my interview, they referred me to the FAQ section of their poorly designed website. In this section it says everyone starts at an entry level position. They hold that FAQ section as a disclaimer for any untrue statements in their job postings.

If you value transparency from the place you want to work, then you may want to continue looking. Claiming you will be hired for at a salaried position and really meaning that you will be considered for a future salaried position is a very strange way of putting things. An hourly position with a very low rate is not a way to treat people.

They acted polite the entire process, but it's apparent that they only look to mislead and con people. If you still want to work here after reading all this, then you're a stronger person than me. If this is a representative from Self Made Marketing reading this, I hope you've taken some notes. Be upfront in your posting. I shouldn't have to go to your lousy website to see the fine print. Lying to me over the phone about the pay and then insulting my intelligence during the official interview by saying I didn't research well enough is just ridiculous.

Interview Questions

Self Made Marketing Response

5 Jan, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. All candidates start out at an hourly rate and then their pay will turn into salary once they grow with the company. An entry level candidate does not start out on... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Emeryville, CA (US)) in June-2016.

Interview

Very Friendly but MISLEADING. I applied for a Account manager position and I was told that this position would be salary based. Very excited to get a job and start a career. When I went into the interview I was told that they don't hire managers from the streets and that everyone has to start from the bottom. Why advertise that your hiring for a manager position and then in the interview say just kidding. VERY MISLEADING. If the company is willing to mislead applicants what does that say about the people who work there? Doesn't sound like a trust worthy company to me.

21 Oct, 2016 – HR Manager

Sorry you felt this way after your interview, as we do offer salary at management positions only.

Entry level positions which everyone starts at (see website "faq" section) is paid hourly plus... More

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Emeryville, CA (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional, I was there 30 mins early but it got pushed back to an hour later, which I waited an hour and a half totally. The receptionists were impolite and lack of manners. It looks like they rent a room in someone's office to host these interviews. Then I got call back for the second interview to an office named completely different. It's an MLM scam format. Good luck everyone, it may make you money but this company is involved with smart circle.

Interview Questions

• Why do want this job (very easy)?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing.

Interview

Questions are not complicated and are targeted to get to know you and test your social skills.
    the company is very friendly and full of young adults.
    I enjoyed my time there

Interview Questions

Self Made Marketing Response

26 Mar, 2018 – HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax Station, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Fairfax Station, VA (US)) in June-2015.

Interview

Phone interview - Q&A about technology and Business objectives of the project; Interfaces with sr management and with team members with assignments and schedules with success and completion criteria. General questions about special situations and how I would handle resolution.

Interview Questions

• How do I know I will be successful? Why   1 Answer

unacceptable place of performance

ENTRY Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing.

Interview

1st Round (10 Minute Interview)
    Questions: Why are you interested in Sales? Where do you see yourself in the upcoming years? How do you see yourself in the workplace? Interview process was straightforward, I was asked to return for a second interview where they will inform me more upon the job.

Interview Questions

Self Made Marketing Response

21 Oct, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback.

Entry-Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (San Ramon, CA (US)) in August-2015.

Interview

It was nice and easy. Employees were very friendly and professional. They called to make sure I had the address and everything. Interview took about 20 minutes. It was one on one. I was told they will get back in 24-48 hrs, if they select me.
    They ask to come in fomals,which I guess everyone would anyhow. Everyone starts at entry-level at this office. They offer between $12-15 per hour. And some commision too. Their office is nice too.

Interview Questions

Self Made Marketing Response

21 Oct, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Oakland, CA (US)) in July-2017.

Interview

Interview process was really fast, I thought it would drag out a lot longer. Both people I talked to were very nice, but ultimately the job entitled a lot of driving that I couldn't do since I talk public transport. I wish I could have pursued it but I assumed the job would be more stationary. Maybe when I learn how to drive ill try again.

Interview Questions

• Name two strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Marketing Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing.

Interview

The interview went by really quick. did two interviews with them. First interview was an "introduce yourself", probably lasted 5-10 minutes. Second interview was 30 minutes and it was the company's introduction.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.