Self Made Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Self Made Marketing Interview Questions

Updated 23 Aug, 2017

1.9

Sales and Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Oakland, CA (US)) in August-2017.

Interview

Was contacted via and set up my own interview time via the internet. I showed up 20 minutes early, was interviewed almost 20 after my interview time. I wasn't asked too many questions, the interviewer mainly just talked about the company. I was told if they were interested in continuing with a second interview process, they would be reaching out to me later in the day.
    Afterwards I received an email saying I didn't show for my interview, which sketched me out.
    They also did not offer compensation for the parking garage which is a first experience for me.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to leave retail and go to a marketing firm?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • Can you see yourself as a team leader and motivator? Do you have leadership and employee training experience?   Answer Question

24 Aug, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking time out to review our company! We are saddened to hear that the provided parking wasn't ideal for you. We do share parking with the companies within our corporate building... More

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Oakland, CA (US)) in July-2017.

Interview

Interview process was really fast, I thought it would drag out a lot longer. Both people I talked to were very nice, but ultimately the job entitled a lot of driving that I couldn't do since I talk public transport. I wish I could have pursued it but I assumed the job would be more stationary. Maybe when I learn how to drive ill try again.

Interview Questions

• Name two strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Emeryville, CA (US)) in April-2017.

Interview

He was an hour late. Claimed there were people there before me he had to take care of...they came in after me. He goes on to give me some BS about the job that doesn't match any posting ever. Tells me I have no experience in leadership with my resume in his hands. I have 6+years of leadership. He calls me cocky. I grabbed my resume and walked out. This is the emeryville office.

26 Apr, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for any misunderstanding regarding wait times for interviews, as we did have a full office. However, we value our candidates and their time, and will... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Emeryville, CA (US)) in January-2017.

Interview

Seemed easy enough to schedule an interview. I was told I would receive a salary at this position. The company representative that contacted me to schedule the interview told me if I was hired I would have a salary. This turned out to be some what of a lie. At my interview, they referred me to the FAQ section of their poorly designed website. In this section it says everyone starts at an entry level position. They hold that FAQ section as a disclaimer for any untrue statements in their job postings.

If you value transparency from the place you want to work, then you may want to continue looking. Claiming you will be hired for at a salaried position and really meaning that you will be considered for a future salaried position is a very strange way of putting things. An hourly position with a very low rate is not a way to treat people.

They acted polite the entire process, but it's apparent that they only look to mislead and con people. If you still want to work here after reading all this, then you're a stronger person than me. If this is a representative from Self Made Marketing reading this, I hope you've taken some notes. Be upfront in your posting. I shouldn't have to go to your lousy website to see the fine print. Lying to me over the phone about the pay and then insulting my intelligence during the official interview by saying I didn't research well enough is just ridiculous.

Interview Questions

Self Made Marketing Response

5 Jan, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. All candidates start out at an hourly rate and then their pay will turn into salary once they grow with the company. An entry level candidate does not start out on... More

Customer Serice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rodeo, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Rodeo, CA (US)) in January-2017.

Interview

Had a great interview and was asked for a second.
    Everything went smooth.
    Met CEO was great but unfortunately what I filled out on app wasn't relaid to me Intel after I had job.
    Having to travel was NOT what I thought job had in tailed.

Interview Questions

Filled out application for local area, offered didn't area

Marketing Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing.

Interview

The interview went by really quick. did two interviews with them. First interview was an "introduce yourself", probably lasted 5-10 minutes. Second interview was 30 minutes and it was the company's introduction.

Arketing & Promotional Advertising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Emeryville, CA (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

This interview was a disaster. First of all, they instructed me to park illegally in a restaurant next door which had signs warning about towing, so I parked in paid parking instead. Then I waited 30 minutes after arriving on time to be seen without an apology. The door did not have the company's name on it. The front desk seemed really unprofessional. But most importantly, the job listing was deceptive and a waste of time.

The role they described online is NOT what they were looking for. I'm putting what they posted below, which looks like a legitimate marketing role. For ex, "reate a marketing strategy and timeline for each event·". They are actually hiring for direct marketing, which is just a euphemism for sales. They said they were selling things in costco etc. There is nothing at all wrong with that line of work, but it is completely not what is in the job description.

Also, I waited a half hour to be seen for 5 minutes, then to be told "this is is not a digital marketing role, and next time check the FAQ of a website to see."

Develop a strong brand, product and marketing strategy for attendee and sponsorship/exhibitor campaigns
    Identify and create strategy to build event partnerships in key relevant markets.
    Research and attend relevant industry 'meetups' to increase event exposure
    Create a marketing strategy and timeline for each event· Create and update the marketing budget for each event, ensuring that all costs are managed and kept within budget, supply accurate forecasts
    Producing high quality copy and content for use on websites, emails, blogs etc
    Work with internal web development team to create, manage and ensure all websites are up to date as well monitoring traffic and other analytics via Google Analytics
    Provide regular reports of campaign effectiveness and recommendations for future improvements along with weekly reports on delegate revenue and numbers
    Manage social networking channels ensuring regular and quality content is produced and audience engagement increases

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my background.   1 Answer

1 Nov, 2016 – HR Manager

We are sincerely sorry to hear about your experience and wish you the best in your search for a digital marketing position.

Just to clarify, we are in agreement with where we instruct you to park... More

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Emeryville, CA (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional, I was there 30 mins early but it got pushed back to an hour later, which I waited an hour and a half totally. The receptionists were impolite and lack of manners. It looks like they rent a room in someone's office to host these interviews. Then I got call back for the second interview to an office named completely different. It's an MLM scam format. Good luck everyone, it may make you money but this company is involved with smart circle.

Interview Questions

• Why do want this job (very easy)?   2 Answers

Junior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Emeryville, CA (US)) in September-2016.

Interview

I had an amazing experience from start to finish when speaking with the recruiter for Self Made Marketing. She thoroughly went over the position responsibilities and was willing to answer any further questions that I had about the company and the position. Having such a great first impression from the recruiter made me really excited for my interview.

For my first interview I met with Mr. Smith who was very professional throughout the interview process. Mr. Smith went over the requirements for the position in a little more detail and he made sure that I understood everything about the company and the position.

I was invited back for a second round interview where I was able to experience what the day to day responsibilities for a Junior Marketing Manager consists of. During the second round interview compensation, scheduling and expectations were discussed. I really enjoyed being able to experience everything first hand, so I can see exactly what I would be doing.

Mr. Smith personally followed up to go over what I experienced when working with trainer and whether I had any further questions about the position. Overall, I had a great experience with Self Made Marketing and can’t wait to start my career with the company.

Interview Questions

Self Made Marketing Response

21 Oct, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are excited to have you join our team.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Emeryville, CA (US)) in June-2016.

Interview

Very Friendly but MISLEADING. I applied for a Account manager position and I was told that this position would be salary based. Very excited to get a job and start a career. When I went into the interview I was told that they don't hire managers from the streets and that everyone has to start from the bottom. Why advertise that your hiring for a manager position and then in the interview say just kidding. VERY MISLEADING. If the company is willing to mislead applicants what does that say about the people who work there? Doesn't sound like a trust worthy company to me.

21 Oct, 2016 – HR Manager

Sorry you felt this way after your interview, as we do offer salary at management positions only.

Entry level positions which everyone starts at (see website "faq" section) is paid... More