Self Made Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.9
Flosusm Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Won’t get paid"

Former Employee - Sales in NONE (Nepal)
    Former Employee - Sales in NONE (Nepal)

I worked at Self Made Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

Can get you money for a short time.

Cons

They train my ceo gave him a “promotion“ so when they screw up they won’t have any accountability for there actions
    From selling phones to direct tv to Uber Costco don’t work for this company or any like it.
    Violating labor laws California (Oakland, Emeryvilley) to Miami

Advice to Management

Take accountability

14 Dec, 2018 – HR Manager

Hello thanks for your review, we are very confused on what your talking about - it doesn’t sound like you have the right company.

"Former Employees"

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time

Pros

Working at self made marketing was a great decision, I was able to learn a lot about business marketing & face to face interactions with people. Gained self management skills I can use in any field.

Cons

Long hours & a lot of meetings

23 Oct, 2018 – HR Manager

Thanks for the review! We will continue to strive to do better.

"Will sell your info"

I worked at Self Made Marketing full-time

Pros

Room to grow if you don’t mind being buried in bull

Cons

Take anyone .

if you decide to leave they will sell your information to the companies they work for and cost

Advice to Management

Stop writing fake reviews and telling people it’s an entry level marketing position. It’s a sales job standing around Costco selling people crap.

6 Aug, 2018 – HR Manager

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We are definitely sorry you feel as if we “sell your info” not something we do at all, if this has happened to you, we advise you report it. We wish you the best in... More

"Growth and Oppurtunity"

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time

Pros

I honestly was skeptical coming in with my understanding of the company, and after weeks of engagement, I found myself understanding much more and seeing very fast progress in myself.

Very positive and fun environment,

I never worked at a job where the people i work along side with looked to help each other so much on a daily basis.

Within my first 2 months here, ive already gotten the chance to fly out to Dallas where I've never been before and MAN was that an experience.

Looking forward to see what happens next!

Cons

The only con I see is the fact that this opportunity does challenge you, all for the right reasons. The fact it easily exposes the slackers vs hard workers.

Someone once told me that the more you give, the more you get. I think this opportunity is a prime example of that statement.

Advice to Management

Keep listening the way you do, most managers don't listen from their employees, one thing I enjoy about management is they understand how important the voice of an employee is.

Thanks

"Best decision of my career life"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA (US)

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Self Made Marketing for about 8 months exactly. I found their ad on CareerBuilder and decided to give it a shot and wow! What a amazing decision that was. I went through the program as a Account Manager and developed skills I never would have if I would hadn't have come across this awesome opportunity. Before, I never had sales experience, was working as an Olive Garden server hating life minute by the minute. I never had clear direction in life, did some college, decided it was not for me. Going through this program I am meeting some amazing people in the process and seeing the effect it has on my growth i just wish i would have found it sooner. My manager helped mature me into this person that when I look in the mirror, I'm happy with what I see. He gave me a opportunity that has helped set my kids for a completely better life than I would have been able to do on my own. It has to be experienced to be believed. Trust me, do not miss out- this might be the greatest decision you will make in your life.

Cons

The cons: If you don't have a student mentality and aren't willing to learn, then this will be a very rough road for you, and you won't go far. Nothing will be given- every single dollar will be earned, it just makes it way more sweeter in the end.

Advice to Management

You obviously know what you are doing, Flo. Keep it up.

26 Mar, 2018 – HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback, we truly appreciate it and will continue to strive too be one of the best marketing companies across the nation.

"Growth opportunity"

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The thing I LOVE the most about Self Made Marketing Group is that I have grown so much with in the comapany and personal as well. I have learned a lot in the past 3 years that I have been working with Mr. Flosusm Smith and his amazing team. Of course my journey has been slightly hard but I applied my self and everything that I learned in the business and my life and I can actually say that I am pretty successful for my age.

Cons

I wouldn't change a thing. I am the happiest I have ever been .

6 Sep, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your kind words!

"Amazing environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Emeryville, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Emeryville, CA (US)

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the meetings for staff an employee's make you want to just be a better person every single day

Cons

Meetings start a little early so little traffic to get in

Advice to Management

Shoot more videos about the company so everyone can see how exciting it is here

13 Mar, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback and will continue to do our best as a company.

"Great Job for Students!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for Self Made Marketing! What I loved most about working with the company is how much they are willing to work with my schedule due to be being a part time student. The CEO and HR manger are also very approachable to any issues that I have with balancing work and school, they are always there to give me advice and that push that I need to keep moving forward.

Cons

There is a lot of hard-work involved with this position, but it is something that I love to do so that is not an issue.

Advice to Management

The management team is amazing, they're the most understandable individuals I've ever work with.

6 Sep, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank You for the feedback!

"POSITIVE COMPANY"

Current Employee - Administrative in Emeryville, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative in Emeryville, CA (US)

Pros

I really enjoy working for self made! Self-Made is a goal oriented company, they set you up for success. Before I started working for this company I was a little confused as to what I wanted for my future, however with the help of self-made and the needed training I was able to set realistic goals. Self made focuses on growth opportunities, everyone has an equal opportunity to be successful in the company. I love my job 

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about the company, positive vibes only if your a negative person you wont succeed with self made

Advice to Management

Office :)

21 Oct, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you!

"MLM Scheme"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros

It pays. Which is okay. They will also hire anyone. So if you can not get a job anywhere and just need SOMETHING, apply here.

Cons

This is a MLM scheme. Not a good opportunity for growth, career development, unless you want to stay in the MLM scheme.

Advice to Management

Stop malicious business and recruitment practices.

6 May, 2016 – HR Manager

The company is certainly not a MLM company. MLM is something that you pay into which no one has ever had to do with this company. It is an equal opportunity employer with a salary pay.