Self Made Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Flosusm Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best decision of my career life"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA (US)

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Self Made Marketing for about 8 months exactly. I found their ad on CareerBuilder and decided to give it a shot and wow! What a amazing decision that was. I went through the program as a Account Manager and developed skills I never would have if I would hadn't have come across this awesome opportunity. Before, I never had sales experience, was working as an Olive Garden server hating life minute by the minute. I never had clear direction in life, did some college, decided it was not for me. Going through this program I am meeting some amazing people in the process and seeing the effect it has on my growth i just wish i would have found it sooner. My manager helped mature me into this person that when I look in the mirror, I'm happy with what I see. He gave me a opportunity that has helped set my kids for a completely better life than I would have been able to do on my own. It has to be experienced to be believed. Trust me, do not miss out- this might be the greatest decision you will make in your life.

Cons

The cons: If you don't have a student mentality and aren't willing to learn, then this will be a very rough road for you, and you won't go far. Nothing will be given- every single dollar will be earned, it just makes it way more sweeter in the end.

Advice to Management

You obviously know what you are doing, Flo. Keep it up.

"Growth opportunity"

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The thing I LOVE the most about Self Made Marketing Group is that I have grown so much with in the comapany and personal as well. I have learned a lot in the past 3 years that I have been working with Mr. Flosusm Smith and his amazing team. Of course my journey has been slightly hard but I applied my self and everything that I learned in the business and my life and I can actually say that I am pretty successful for my age.

Cons

I wouldn't change a thing. I am the happiest I have ever been .

6 Sep, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your kind words!

"Amazing environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Emeryville, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Emeryville, CA (US)

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the meetings for staff an employee's make you want to just be a better person every single day

Cons

Meetings start a little early so little traffic to get in

Advice to Management

Shoot more videos about the company so everyone can see how exciting it is here

13 Mar, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback and will continue to do our best as a company.

"Great Job for Students!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for Self Made Marketing! What I loved most about working with the company is how much they are willing to work with my schedule due to be being a part time student. The CEO and HR manger are also very approachable to any issues that I have with balancing work and school, they are always there to give me advice and that push that I need to keep moving forward.

Cons

There is a lot of hard-work involved with this position, but it is something that I love to do so that is not an issue.

Advice to Management

The management team is amazing, they're the most understandable individuals I've ever work with.

6 Sep, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank You for the feedback!

"POSITIVE COMPANY"

Current Employee - Administrative in Emeryville, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative in Emeryville, CA (US)

Pros

I really enjoy working for self made! Self-Made is a goal oriented company, they set you up for success. Before I started working for this company I was a little confused as to what I wanted for my future, however with the help of self-made and the needed training I was able to set realistic goals. Self made focuses on growth opportunities, everyone has an equal opportunity to be successful in the company. I love my job 

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about the company, positive vibes only if your a negative person you wont succeed with self made

Advice to Management

Office :)

"MLM Scheme"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros

It pays. Which is okay. They will also hire anyone. So if you can not get a job anywhere and just need SOMETHING, apply here.

Cons

This is a MLM scheme. Not a good opportunity for growth, career development, unless you want to stay in the MLM scheme.

Advice to Management

Stop malicious business and recruitment practices.

6 May, 2016 – HR Manager

The company is certainly not a MLM company. MLM is something that you pay into which no one has ever had to do with this company. It is an equal opportunity employer with a salary pay.

"Psychotherapist"

Current Employee - Executive, Professional Evaluator, Supervision in Amityville, NY (US)

I have been working at Self Made Marketing (More than 10 years)

Pros

create job model, supervision, program planning, execution and evaluation, staff enrollment, executive overview, interpersonal relations on all levels of employment,

Cons

no alternative evaluations, need alternative and differential levels of feedback, inter-level, inter-position and open communication between all levels necessary for optimum success

Advice to Management

to balance self and other evaluations, openly elicit feedback between all levels of employment, keep open communication by written, verbal and anonymous feedback

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right company as we are in California and only been around for 4 years.

"Growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA (US)

I worked at Self Made Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay if you are into being a sales rep.

Cons

long hours on your feet

Thank you!

"Enterprise Architedture and Management Consultant"

Current Employee - Enterprise Architect and Management Consultant in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Self Made Marketing (More than 8 years)

Pros

Promoting and delivering products to clients on schedule and complying to requirements.

Cons

Drain of energy to continually search for engagements.

Advice to Management

hire me and I'll resolve your most important issues for your clients.

Thank you!

"Glad I found this opportunity"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Hayward, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Hayward, CA (US)

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of opportunity for growth and advancement, Great credible clients, A lot of bonuses and you control how much you make its Hourly plus commission last week I made $1000 and I worked only 35 hours!

Cons

A lot of conference calls, some last for 30 minutes others an hour 2-3 times a week. The conference calls give you a lot of info on how to grow they are great but time consuming

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, you motivate me everyday I come to work to see someone at your age accomplish what you have and be able to help other people grow is huge. Flo always keeps it straight forward that's why I love working here!

21 Oct, 2016 – HR Manager

This is great to hear lets keep striving and growing!