Self Made Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Self Made Marketing Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2019

3.9
Self Made Marketing CEO Flosusm Smith (no image)
Flosusm Smith

"EXCITING GROWTH AND AMAZING CULTURE"

Current Employee - Administrative in Miami, FL

I have been working at Self Made Marketing part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been an administrator with Self Made Marketing, Inc. going on 5 years. Flosusm is an amazing CEO all around, communication has been key. I was able to see so much growth within the business, from those who started at entry level to seeing them become director of operations. The culture and atmosphere is nothing short of amazing.

Cons

You will need to be able to adapt to change, change is great!

Self Made Marketing2019-06-17

"Former Employees"

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time

Pros

Working at self made marketing was a great decision, I was able to learn a lot about business marketing & face to face interactions with people. Gained self management skills I can use in any field.

Cons

Long hours & a lot of meetings

Self Made Marketing2018-10-09

"Will sell your info"

I worked at Self Made Marketing full-time

Pros

Room to grow if you don’t mind being buried in bull

Cons

Take anyone . if you decide to leave they will sell your information to the companies they work for and cost

Advice to Management

Stop writing fake reviews and telling people it’s an entry level marketing position. It’s a sales job standing around Costco selling people crap.

Self Made Marketing2018-08-03

"Growth and Oppurtunity"

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time

Pros

I honestly was skeptical coming in with my understanding of the company, and after weeks of engagement, I found myself understanding much more and seeing very fast progress in myself. Very positive and fun environment, I never worked at a job where the people i work along side with looked to help each other so much on a daily basis. Within my first 2 months here, ive already gotten the chance to fly out... to Dallas where I've never been before and MAN was that an experience. Looking forward to see what happens next!

Cons

The only con I see is the fact that this opportunity does challenge you, all for the right reasons. The fact it easily exposes the slackers vs hard workers. Someone once told me that the more you give, the more you get. I think this opportunity is a prime example of that statement.

Advice to Management

Keep listening the way you do, most managers don't listen from their employees, one thing I enjoy about management is they understand how important the voice of an employee is. Thanks

Self Made Marketing2018-04-19

"Best decision of my career life"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked at Self Made Marketing for about 8 months exactly. I found their ad on CareerBuilder and decided to give it a shot and wow! What a amazing decision that was. I went through the program as a Account Manager and developed skills I never would have if I would hadn't have come across this awesome opportunity. Before, I never had sales experience, was working as an Olive Garden server hating life minute by the... minute. I never had clear direction in life, did some college, decided it was not for me. Going through this program I am meeting some amazing people in the process and seeing the effect it has on my growth i just wish i would have found it sooner. My manager helped mature me into this person that when I look in the mirror, I'm happy with what I see. He gave me a opportunity that has helped set my kids for a completely better life than I would have been able to do on my own. It has to be experienced to be believed. Trust me, do not miss out- this might be the greatest decision you will make in your life.

Cons

The cons: If you don't have a student mentality and aren't willing to learn, then this will be a very rough road for you, and you won't go far. Nothing will be given- every single dollar will be earned, it just makes it way more sweeter in the end.

Advice to Management

You obviously know what you are doing, Flo. Keep it up.

Self Made Marketing2017-11-07

"Growth opportunity"

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The thing I LOVE the most about Self Made Marketing Group is that I have grown so much with in the comapany and personal as well. I have learned a lot in the past 3 years that I have been working with Mr. Flosusm Smith and his amazing team. Of course my journey has been slightly hard but I applied my self and everything that I learned in the business and my life and I can actually say that I am pretty successful for... my age.

Cons

I wouldn't change a thing. I am the happiest I have ever been .

Self Made Marketing2017-08-24

"POSITIVE COMPANY"

Administrative in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Self Made Marketing

Pros

I really enjoy working for self made! Self-Made is a goal oriented company, they set you up for success. Before I started working for this company I was a little confused as to what I wanted for my future, however with the help of self-made and the needed training I was able to set realistic goals. Self made focuses on growth opportunities, everyone has an equal opportunity to be successful in the company. I love my... job 

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about the company, positive vibes only if your a negative person you wont succeed with self made

Advice to Management

Office :)

Self Made Marketing2016-05-12

"MLM Scheme"

Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Self Made Marketing

Pros

It pays. Which is okay. They will also hire anyone. So if you can not get a job anywhere and just need SOMETHING, apply here.

Cons

This is a MLM scheme. Not a good opportunity for growth, career development, unless you want to stay in the MLM scheme.

Advice to Management

Stop malicious business and recruitment practices.

Self Made Marketing2016-05-01

"Psychotherapist"

Executive, Professional Evaluator, Supervision in Amityville, NY

I have been working at Self Made Marketing for more than 10 years

Pros

create job model, supervision, program planning, execution and evaluation, staff enrollment, executive overview, interpersonal relations on all levels of employment,

Cons

no alternative evaluations, need alternative and differential levels of feedback, inter-level, inter-position and open communication between all levels necessary for optimum success

Advice to Management

to balance self and other evaluations, openly elicit feedback between all levels of employment, keep open communication by written, verbal and anonymous feedback

Self Made Marketing2015-11-15

"Growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Self Made Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Pay if you are into being a sales rep.

Cons

long hours on your feet

Self Made Marketing2015-10-21