Cover image for Rockstar Games

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Rockstar Games Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 228 of over 228 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rockstar Games

Rockstar Games

Application

I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

Started with an initial call with a hiring manager, going over fit and details about the role. Then proceeded to an initial technical interview with a senior and a junior from the tooling department.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience tihe C++ and C# in game development?
    Answer Question

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

Applied through portal. Received OA about a month later, OA could only be done in C++. OA is done through a coding platform, there are 3 questions 200 minutes, not proctored. You cannot choose the language you do it with, they choose/give options for you. In my case it was only C++. Interview process would've started after I passed the OA.

Interview Questions
  • 3 DSA 1 Medium 2 Hard (One very hard). Was able to do the first and last but the 2nd one was a very hard DFS question for me.

What people are saying about Rockstar Games

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Rockstar Games? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Rockstar Games employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Rockstar Games

Application

I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

Fast and chill, finished and accepted within two weeks. Starts with a recorded interview, then a zoom one. Everyone was extremely nice, and got a fast response just a few days later, no complaints!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

Nice and friendly people. Talk through E-mail to setup a time and date and do the interview. They talk about the company and culture a lot to make sure you're the right fit.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths? If there was a clone of you applying for the same job, why should I hire you over the clone?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (Edinburgh, Scotland)

Interview

I've received an email where they asked me to answer 5 questions recording myself on a portal. Never had any contact with any human being, that tells me a lot about the human concept of the whole company! How would you understand if anyone is a good candidate with a pre-screening of 5 takes of 3 minutes each, with only 2 chances to record yourself?

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult issue and how you came out of it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (New York, NY) in Nov 2022

Interview

They gave information that I'm no longer processed for a recruitment so it was pretty nice. I've sent an email through their website and I've got confirmation and then after few (2-3) days I've got rejection mail.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (Edinburgh, Scotland) in Nov 2022

Interview

First I had to record myself answering 5 questions(quite awkward). After that there was a screening call with a recruitment person of Rockstar North. Then I needed to do a code test through codility. There were 3 questions and had ~3 hours to finish them back to back. The questions were very hard for a junior.

Interview Questions
  • I won't discuss the actual questions, because I think that's unfair. But they where about string manipulation and graph theory. I did not even get to the third question.

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

Would rate the overall experience well, up until the final round. Initial conversations went well with recruiter, really great person and was always receptive to emails and communicative. What did not go well was talks with the team which was a final round interview. Team arrived 15-20 minutes late, at this point already had some anxiety due to me wondering if there was some technical issues on my part. Team sounded uninterested, the energy was underwhelming and the interview ended abruptly.

Interview Questions
  • Online take home interview, open discussion with team about experiences

Rockstar Games

Application

I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

good, the interviewer was really kind and the process was really smooth. The questions are related to the job only. I really found it to be interesting and a bit tough as well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rockstar Games

Application

I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

Just a chat about previous experience, any prior work on game development whether it was for a company or as a hobby, having a portfolio helps a lot, or they might ask you do to a game demo to prove that you are qualified for the job.

Interview Questions
  • Background experience mostly, if you have a portfolio that matters a lot more than education.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 228 Interviews