Ritchie Bros. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Ritchie Bros. Interview Questions

Interviews at Ritchie Bros.

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros. (Burnaby, BC) in October 2019.

Interview

Very thoughtful review including a phone screen, first interview followed by a management style personality test and then a second and final interview after successful completion of the first step. Expect the whole process to take a month or so.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros. (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Very professional and friendly interviewers. Both the phone interview and in person interview were very detailed, but they always made me feel at ease. The company is very people oriented so a lot of the questions had to do with emotional intelligence and how I handle difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to deal with a difficult situation at work and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros. (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Submitted resume online, was contacted within a day for a phone interview with a Recruiter. On-site interview followed a week and a half later. Offer letter sent to me the following day.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest Sales skill?   1 Answer

Equipment Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros. (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call from corporate. We proceeded to do a phone interview, then went on to a formal interview. They offered me the job and i have been here ever since.

Interview Questions

• What was one way you would promote a safe work enviornment   Answer Question

Trainee Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros. (Miami, FL (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I could tell that I was speaking to an HR representative that had zero idea about the industries that Ritchie Brothers serves. Very frustrating for those that are knowledgeable. The personality test is the all seeing eye is considered holy scripture at Ritchie Brothers. Be careful not to spend too much time hung up on a single question because that too is recorded.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros..

Interview

Apply online, interview on the phone, and interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult was asked   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was open to negotiation

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Butner, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros. (Butner, NC (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was given an interview. When I went in for the interview I spoke with two of the customer service managers. I answered all questions during the interview and didn't have to very long for a response with an offer to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question to answer was what I thought my best skill or attribute was that would make me perfect for the position. My answer was my attention to detail that was drilled into during my time spent in the US Navy.   Answer Question

Lead Generation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros. (Lincoln, NE (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Situational interview questions; if you were in a given situation how did you handle said outcome? If you were to sell someone on a product or service, how would you do that for a prospective customer? They were emotionless and took notes. Added advice, ask questions concerning outlook and turn over with the position. Ask about special marketing campaigns and how to become involved with them.

Interview Questions

• If you were to sell a prospective customer a service, how would you approach this situation?   1 Answer

Payroll Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros. (Lincoln, NE (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

I got a call about 3 weeks after submitting my resume on their online Careers page. The recruiter and I spoke for about 1 hour on our initial call and she asked some very well rounded questions, not just the normal general questions that you are asked over the phone. She thanked me for my time and said she would forward her notes onto the hiring manager and would be in touch if she was interested. I got a call later in the week to go in for a face to face interview and that went very well also.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years? Do you see yourself able to accomplish your goals in the position that you have applied for?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros..

Interview

3 interviews:
    1: phone call
    2: with manager and a team member
    3: with manager and more team members

The interviewees are extremely nice and don't at all intend on making it an nervous environment.

IT Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritchie Bros. (Vancouver, BC) in February 2020.

Interview

Not so good. Plenty of questions regarding topics that were not in the job description and my resume were asked. In general the behavior of the interviewer was kind of rude.

Interview Questions

Ritchie Bros. Response

Mar. 16, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. It really matters to us and will investigate to fine-tune our interview process.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.