RetailMeNot Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 153 of over 153 interviews

Campus Recruiting32%
Recruiter11%
HardAverageEasy

RetailMeNot

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot

Interview

There was 4 rounds of interviews. First two were technical rounds consisting of DSA questions. The 3rd round was HR and the last was hiring managerial round. Interviewers were friendly and overall good experience.

Interview Questions
  • Make Palindrome from a given word.
    Answer Question

RetailMeNot

Application

I interviewed at RetailMeNot

Interview

Rhe interview was pretty thorough. There was a phone screening round, phone interview, and onsite at the office. Got to meet everyone on the team which definitely helped with decision making.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

184 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX)

Interview

Hopefully it’s better now. Was super excited to have snagged a phone interview cause I thought it would be great. It wasn’t. I waited and waited, she never called. I asked if we could rescheduled and she said she had called and pretty much claimed I lied. Super unprofessional. When I spoke to her on our reschedule, she was incredibly rude and could visible tell she was not interested what’s so ever. Literally wasted my time, but glad it didn’t work out cause better things were on the way. I literally remember this to this day 5 years later.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Bangalore)

Interview

A standard interview process which begins with the call by HR and an online coding test and then the technical round. I completed the online coding round and then attended the technical round. The interviewer in the technical round was the most unprofessional one I have seen in my career. He just copy-pasted a question and said solve. No introduction, no collaborative approach and the guy was like a statue without even saying anything. I think this is one of those coders as robots culture. Never expected such strange engineering culture in a product company. Won't recommend spending time interviewing with them. Anyway, I couldn't solve it and the interviewer was like a statue even to questions as it looks like they expect people to mug up and code and type it like a robot. Got the rejection mail the next day itself. That part at least is good from the HR process standpoint view as many companies these days don't even show the basic decency to inform candidates about interview results.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in May 2021

Interview

The interview process was quick but extensive! I had an initial screening interview by the recruiter, which was fairly easy since it was just going over background and experience and interest in the role. The second interview was with the IT manager, who was very friendly and talkative. He asked me a few questions on my knowledge of Jira ticketing systems, SSO, and basic networking concepts. After I passed that interview, I had an entire day of interviewing with 3 different people. Was supposed to be 4 but there was some time zone issue due to the interviewer being international. I had an initial interview with the IT director, then a systems admin, and finally, an operations associate. The IT director interview wasn't a technical interview. He seemed genuinely interested in the person outside of work, which is good. The second interview was a technical interview. A couple of questions on DNS, SSL/TLS, and troubleshooting scenarios regarding IP addresses. Final interview was a leadership acumen interview and scenarios where I've demonstrated qualities of taking initiative. All interviews were good conversations but definitely prepare. I wasn't crazy about the entire day being used for so many interviews, but their process was quick since I received an offer the very next day. Entire process from start to finish took about a week and a half.

Interview Questions
  • Google's site isn't working in the browser but when you enter the IP address, it works. Why is that and what do you do?
  • Tell me a time where a customer was upset and what did you do to remedy it?

RetailMeNot

Application

I interviewed at RetailMeNot

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, online coding challenge in Java (3 questions), virtual on site round where I spoke to a manager and a software engineer II for the coding challenge. Overall not super difficult but they werent very clear what they were looking for in the role. The recruiter didn't respond to my request for feedback after the “on-site” round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (New Delhi) in Apr 2021

Interview

First round is online coding test. 2 coding questions were asked with 60 min time limit. Second round is technical interview. Interviewer asked me questions related to automation and test design and a coding question. It went very good, I also asked if there is anything I need to improve or any answers which was not correct during interview, all seems to be perfect, still got regret mail with no reason!!

Interview Questions
  • Return the day of the week that is k days later. eg. S="Wed" and k =2, it should return "Fri"

RetailMeNot

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RetailMeNot in Oct 2020

Interview

Started with a phone screen from a recruiter, set up interview for a week later, was told we would start out with a pair of interviews and then potentially follow up with an additional pair of interviews. First had an interview with the team manager and a senior engineer, went well, waited a week to hear back, was invited to another round of interviews. A second round of double interviews with another engineer and a bar-raiser from a business team. After the second round I waited another week and was asked if I would mind doing an additional bar-raiser interview, I agreed and had another interview. I followed up multiple times over the next 4+ weeks to be met with “just wait a little longer, we are working out some stuff”, etc. Eventually I was notified 4+ weeks later by the recruiter that the position had been cancelled due to a shift in organizational priorities. RetailMeNot was officially acquired by a new parent company some time around when I started this interview process, so by the time I was done the position was no longer funded. The recruiter was very professional and helped me set up an interview with a different team for a position that was being funded. First interview was with a manager interviewer, they came unprepared, had not picked out questions to ask. They tried to create impromptu questions but were unwilling or unable to answer clarifying questions about the problems they had given me. Overall the manager was distracted, uninterested and unprofessional for the entire interview. Second interview was with an engineer who came almost equally as unprepared, but they realized that creating a question on the fly was a bad decision so they eventually took questions from a bank of interview questions they have. I was not given an offer for this second position. Altogether I feel like RMN has a great culture and some good people working there but there are very clearly some internal issues that are bubbling to the surface and causing issues organization wide.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Basic programming questions. 2) A lot of questions about cultural fit.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Salt Lake City, UT) in Jun 2020

Interview

Had an initial screen with a recruiter, then met with the hiring manager for a phone interview. After that I had a series of 5 interviews over 2.5 hours with a variety of people from the team and had to prepare some basic slides to show my ability to build a deck. The whole process took about a week and a half.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

RetailMeNot

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at RetailMeNot

Interview

Started with a brief phone interview with recruiter to go over experience and strengths and weaknesses. The next level was a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. The call went well and I was moved to the next interview which was a phone interview to assess my SQL skills. 4 questions were asked and I was only able to fully answer 2 of the 4. I got an email from the recruiter saying they decided not to move forward with me. The whole process took one week.

Interview Questions
  • How would you get to know / learn about data types that you are not familiar with.
  • SQL questions that involve the CASE command, joins, and nested select statements.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 153 Interviews