Queen's University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Queen's University Interview Questions

Interviews at Queen's University

2.4

Program Assistant Interview

Interview

Very concise interview, large breadth of questions ranging from questions about personal skills and knowledge of student affairs in general. However the interviewers were late for the Skype call. Lasted approximately 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Interesting questions regarding co-worker conflicts in the past   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queen's University (Kingston, ON) in February 2020.

Interview

Interviewed by a panel of five. They were professional and friendly and took it in turns to ask questions. The questions were mostly in parts but they repeated them after each part which was helpful. They followed up the next day asking for three professional references.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Queen's University.

Interview

Brief 30 minute meeting with professor discussing past studies in the relevant field and experience. Fairly informal and not a traditional structured interview. Quick turnaround time in terms of hearing back on candidacy.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Queen's University.

Interview

Four of the managers interviewed me. They asked only situational and behavioral questions. They did not provide any information regarding the job or company, and also they didn't ask any questions about my past experiences or educational background. It was a pretty difficult interview.

TA Interview

Interview

Need to fill a questionnaire, very simple questions. Duties were assigned based on this questionnaire. No interview if you are a grad student. They provided training before you start your job.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Queen's University.

Interview

1 hour over skype interview only with the supervisor. Friendly environment and room to explain your experience and hear back about the project and prospective tasks. I also had the chance to ask about the work and benefit details.

Work Study Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Queen's University.

Interview

The interview process took about a month - I applied online and received an interview in about 3 weeks. The interview itself was very laid back, and the panel was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure
      Why do you want to work here
      What makes you the right fit for this position
      Tell me about yourself
      Tell me about a time....   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Queen's University in January 2019.

Interview

Phone interview followed by two in person interviews. Was treated with dignity throughout, was given an excellent opportunity to describe my experiences. When I wasn't offered the position, I was given specific and helpful feedback.

Interview Questions

• Very job specific questions that were clearly directly tied to the job posting. Asked great questions about my best and most difficult supervisor in the past. Very behaviour based interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Queen's University.

Interview

Got the interview after emailing the professor who had posted the job on the university's internal portal. Went to his office after emailing him that I would want to meet him in person to express my interest.

Interview Questions

• All the questions that I was asked were very basic in nature. Why do you want this job? What interests you? Why are you a good fit for this role? It was more like a conversation than being an interview   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Queen's University.

Interview

A referral from another professor followed by a resume screening and finally a Skype call with the future supervisor in which I was asked about specific research topics and scientific research skills and experience. The call lasted for an hour.

Interview Questions

• Could you introduce one of your previous research publications?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.