Queen's University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Queen's University Interview Questions

Interviews at Queen's University

2.4

Program Assistant Interview

Interview

Very concise interview, large breadth of questions ranging from questions about personal skills and knowledge of student affairs in general. However the interviewers were late for the Skype call. Lasted approximately 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Interesting questions regarding co-worker conflicts in the past   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Queen's University (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Application process, fairly standard where by I had a telephone interview then 2 face to face interviews before hearing I had got the job. Both interviews were conducted well and questions were standard.

Intramural Official Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Queen's University (Kingston, ON) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through A&R website. Got an interview with the intramural coordinator within the month. Interview was fun and casual. I was asked mostly behavioral questions and some questions related to sport that I would be officiating.

Interview Questions

• If there was a dispute between players of opposing teams, how would you go about resolving the situation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Queen's University (Kingston, ON) in November 2014.

Interview

Group interview style. Asked behavioural questions as you would expect. Also asked about past experiences. Concluding with a Q&A period. Interview process was pleasant. Expect a panel of 4 administrators interviewing you.

Microscopist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Queen's University (Kingston, ON).

Interview

questions about my work. Relax but specific and detail answers were expected. Six people conducted the interview because it was very important that everybody I will have contact with had an opinion of my. I got the impresion that knolodge was as important as personality

Interview Questions

• About my knolodge and ipotetic situations... how I will react and solve the problem   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Queen's University.

Interview

The job was based on a scholarship. You apply for the position and based on your previous experience you will be given the scholarship. Once you offered the scholarship it was finalized by your supervisor.

Interview Questions

• It totally depend on your supervisor. My supervisor just asked me about my previous experience and which project of him I am interested to work in?   1 Answer

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Interview

Was given an agenda upon arrival. I met with various faculty, speaking for about 30-45 mins about teaching and research interests. Had lunch with faculty and students.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Admin Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Queen's University in January 2016.

Interview

Very laid back, wanted to get to know me mostly. Asked a variety of basic interview questions, no surprises! It was a panel interview, ask a variety of basic interview questions. Was offered the job one week later through email.

Interview Questions

• What are my top skills and strengths
      Name a time you had conflict with a co worker
      Tell me about yourself
      Why would you be an asset   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Queen's University (Kingston, ON) in May 2012.

Interview

From application to job offer process is long. Before panel interview there was a basic math/accounting test including a basic journal entry that would be done through Peoplesoft. Interview questions were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• How would my current skill set help in this job?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Queen's University (Kingston, ON) in August 2014.

Interview

There is no interview. As long as you are a graduate student at Queen's University you are guaranteed at least 4 semesters of paid positions as a teaching assistant. There is usually at least a few days worth of deliberations on class material.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with the material we are about to teach?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.